Thread: McKenzie believes Sabres are targeting Oduya in UFA...has ties to Bogosian and Kane

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

McKenzie believes Sabres are targeting Oduya in UFA...has ties to Bogosian and Kane

Bob McKenzie of TSN thinks Sabres GM Tim Murray is targeting Johnny Oduya to sign as an UFA, Oduya played with Bogosian and Kane when he played for Thrashers/Jets franchise
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 06-30-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: McKenzie believes Sabres are targeting Oduya in UFA...has ties to Bogosian and Ka

Oduya and Paul Martin and call it a day.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,297 Times in 13,727 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: McKenzie believes Sabres are targeting Oduya in UFA...has ties to Bogosian and Ka

A bit long in the tooth- wouldn't go over 3 years. We could use his experience though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    Bob McKenzie of TSN thinks Sabres GM Tim Murray is targeting Johnny Oduya to sign as an UFA, Oduya played with Bogosian and Kane when he played for Thrashers/Jets franchise
    He isn't the ideal top 4 guy I was looking for but think he could be a good 5th or 6th and let one of the young kids be our 7/off the bench guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    He isn't the ideal top 4 guy I was looking for but think he could be a good 5th or 6th and let one of the young kids be our 7/off the bench guy.
    He'd be a top pairing defensemen with Risto

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd say he could be a top 4 pairing. Shoots left and can chew up minutes. Decent shot blocker. I think his experience would be a big asset in bringing the kids up to speed

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Personally I would not be too active in FA. So many teams are in cap jail that deals can be made in late August for good players and not break the bank. I worry FAs will be way overpaid at this point.
    Teams can be over the cap now but come September their will be fire sales going on with many teams to get under cap.

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by don137 View Post
    Personally I would not be too active in FA. So many teams are in cap jail that deals can be made in late August for good players and not break the bank. I worry FAs will be way overpaid at this point.
    Teams can be over the cap now but come September their will be fire sales going on with many teams to get under cap.
    That's exactly what's going to happen.