• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Report: Sabres Extend ROR

The press called it a great deal for Buffalo if ROR got extended & after he got extended, the trolls here said it's way too much. What a joke.

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    The makeup of the extension is interesting. According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, all seven years come with a $1 million salary and the rest coming via signing bonuses. So O’Reilly protects himself from escrow and with all the bonus money, a buyout, sort of like what we saw with David Clarkson’s deal with the Maple Leafs.

The Avalanche were never going to be able to meet O’Reilly’s contract demands, so they found him a nice landing spot with the Sabres during Draft weekend. And if you want to blame anyone for O’Reilly’s $7.5 million cap hit, blame the Calgary Flames, who signed him to that giant offer-sheet in 2013, which was the beginning of the end for his time with Colorado.

That sound you just heard was Steven Stamkos laughing as he envisions the giant pile of money he’ll receive once he signs his extension.

Ryan O'Reilly inks creative 7-year, $52.5 million extension with Sabres

Comment

• Downinfloflo
      Victimizing The Victimizer
      • Aug 2012

I know his Sabres teammates think it's a great contract, They can't wait to sign new ones.

ROR's agent is incredible, I bet his phone has been wringing off the hook with new clients.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
        • Aug 2013

Murray has steered this ship almost as flawlessly as can be possible. I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt, but if in 2 years we aren't geared up and going then that will be a problem. Until then, relax people.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
          Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
          • Feb 2013

Murray pre-draft video ffwd to 5:00 mark talking about trades

adding Salary is easy... you guys think it's hard... adding salary is quite easy
          Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 07-05-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

I like the downplaying of ROR talents now that he's signed sealed and delivered to the sabres. Funny how that works.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
              I like the downplaying of ROR talents now that he's signed sealed and delivered to the sabres. Funny how that works.

ROR is a very good #2 center, He's not a $7.5m dollar hockey player, No matter how much sugar you try and put on it.

He's just below Derek Stepan, And Stepans not worth $7m no matter how much sugar you put on it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                ROR is a very good #2 center, He's not a $7.5m dollar hockey player, No matter how much sugar you try and put on it.

He's just below Derek Stepan, And Stepans not worth $7m no matter how much sugar you put on it.
                It screwed the Rangers real good as well, which I think is fantastic. ROR is mature beyond his years & is probably going to get better, especially with who he'll have around him.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

They trolls here who are still sore will always find a way to devalue or debilitate to try and make points here, without much success.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    They trolls here who are still sore will always find a way to devalue or debilitate to try and make points here, without much success.
                    FloFlo claims his life is better when he doesnt read the internet yet he cant stop reading this forum lol

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                      FloFlo claims his life is better when he doesnt read the internet yet he cant stop reading this forum lol
                      His disappearance after his team lost showed us his value here, his pride kept him busy under cover of guests at home.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Rangers and bruins have had excellent off seasons # sarcasm they need to get their shots in while they can.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Cool. Let's pay ROR to be our second line center. We already have a first line center, so if he plays the second, sounds sexy ro me.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
                            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                            • Mar 2010

Cool. Let's pay ROR to be our second line center. We already have a first line center, so if he plays the second, sounds sexy ro me.
                            In all reality he will probably be the #1. Maybe not on paper but I bet he takes the big draws over Eichel as he learns.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                              In all reality he will probably be the #1. Maybe not on paper but I bet he takes the big draws over Eichel as he learns.
                              I'm talking long term. Hell, ROR might end up being our wing down the line if Reinhart develops into a first line center like he is projected to potentially be.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                                It screwed the Rangers real good as well, which I think is fantastic. ROR is mature beyond his years & is probably going to get better, especially with who he'll have around him.

Stepan has 2 options, Sign it, Or pack your ****, Rangers have plenty of #2 Centers on the roster (Hayes and Brassard), No need for a $7m second liner.

When you're not a competitive team, The salary cap is not something you have to think about.

ROR's contract was the death nail for Reinhart...Not Stepan.

Comment

Working...
                                X