Thread: 26 Days Until Training Camp: When Will The Quarterback, "Separation," Begin?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

26 Days Until Training Camp: When Will The Quarterback, "Separation," Begin?

It already started but they're just not telling us?

The first week of training camp?

The first preseason game?

The last preseason game?

When do you expect to see or hear any signs of, "separation," at the quarterback position?

As much as the Bills coaching staff might want to hide who their starter is going to be, I think the coaching staff, media, and fans will make up their minds by week 2 of training camp and everyone will know who the Bills starting quarterback is going to be this year by the second week in August.

So I hope.

The longer the competition goes on, the silver lining says the better for a high draft pick in 2016.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 26 Days Until Training Camp: When Will The Quarterback, "Separation," Begin?

i know who it will be right now
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

3. Post thanked by:

better days (07-06-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 26 Days Until Training Camp: When Will The Quarterback, "Separation," Begin?

I can honestly say I have no clue. At this point I'd guess they'll claim separation, whether there is or not, the week heading into the 3rd preseason game, because it's the game where the starters traditionally get their greatest chunk of playing time.

5. Post thanked by:

better days (07-06-2015)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Matt Cassel in a dog fight...meaning they are all dogs with fleas.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really hope they name the starter as soon as possible. The offense needs to have time to learn the guy's cadence and tendencies.

9. Post thanked by:

better days (07-06-2015),BillsImpossible (07-06-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No separation any further than where they are now. I think EJ will continue to be the inconsistent project, Cassel will not get any better than he's been for 10 years (and that's not very good). They're in a win now mode, so given no further separation, I think the vet gets the nod.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

The Stoner Zoner BillsFanInMass's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Tyrod is gonna end up winning the job. He is way more mobile and has the stongest arm.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Separating crap from crap leaves you with multiple piles of crap.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Separating crap from crap leaves you with multiple piles of crap.
    I think that means we'll see separation about an hour before kickoff against the Colts.

Ryan and Roman will decide the matter with a coin toss. Heads on EJ, Tails on Taylor.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The separation could begin as soon as the Bills defense goes full speed against the offense in training camp.

Rex isn't going to, 'dial it down,' at all come July 31. My guess is that the, "rotation," at quarterback won't last very long.

The earlier the separation the better for the Bills. I want the Bills starting QB to get the majority of snaps in training camp.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt any of them are capable of creating much separation.

Whoever gets tabbed to start will likely be just as lackluster by the end of camp as they were entering camp.

If you take three average QB's and run them through ONE training camp, chances are, you're still gonna wind up with three mediocre QB's in five weeks.

Just sayin'.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OK nevermind what I just said.

Now I'm rooting for Matt Cassel for playing it cool as if he meant to do this.

Awesome.

17. Post thanked by:

Oaf (07-12-2015),Patti120 (07-10-2015),Zoneblitser (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Has my vote!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    The separation could begin as soon as the Bills defense goes full speed against the offense in training camp.

Rex isn't going to, 'dial it down,' at all come July 31. My guess is that the, "rotation," at quarterback won't last very long.

The earlier the separation the better for the Bills. I want the Bills starting QB to get the majority of snaps in training camp.
    The Bills will run TC the same way they ran OTA's, with two different fields & all of the QB's getting a good number of reps.

I think it will be like one of those house hunting shows, OK we have to eliminate one of the three, which shall it be?

That will leave two QB's to fight it out until one does show he is clearly better than the other.