ROR arrested for driving while impaired..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: ROR arrested for driving while impaired..

I shouldnt say it like that, because it downplays his stupid action.

But it could been so much worse. Glad it's nothing big at all
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 07-14-2015, 04:05 PM.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Andrew Peeters on Hockey Hotline tried to downplay it as well and Kevin Sylvester you could just sense he wanted to smack Peeters as hard as he could

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Um jamjam...

ROR just became the highest paid player in the history of the franchise... without ever having had played a game for us.

He's the number 1 center from day one and a probable candidate for the captaincy and a slam dunk for at least wearing an "A".

hes supposed the be the mature leader for all of the young kids that are growing into this organization.

oh... and no DUI is "not a big deal".

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          Um jamjam...

ROR just became the highest paid player in the history of the franchise... without ever having had played a game for us.

He's the number 1 center from day one and a probable candidate for the captaincy and a slam dunk for at least wearing an "A".

hes supposed the be the mature leader for all of the young kids that are growing into this organization.

oh... and no DUI is "not a big deal".
          He's not going to jail, he's not going to have his contract voided. It's a big deal, sure, but let's not pretend this is some major thing like beating his wife. He got the DUI, he will pay a fine, and life goes on, hopefully with a lesson learned. It's a big deal, but not the biggest, worst thing in the world and thankfully, no one was hurt and it wasn't bad. I'm not going to hate the guy for it.

But you are right. Should have kept zad and grigo
          Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 07-14-2015, 04:32 PM.
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
            Should have kept zad and grigo
            you r completely helpless.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              you r completely helpless.
              I know. And I love it
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Bruce Smith never drove sober & got caught many times, it didn't seem to effect his career & success much now did it ??

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

No, ROR will be fine and I hope he learned something today. If he did, no sweat. But at the end of the day, I really only care what he does in a sabres uniform. If he gets a DUI every night, but helps the sabres win, I don't care about the DUIs
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Buffalo sports can't catch a break.

I've never been a big fan of athletes facing big sanctions for off-the-field/ice behavior, but the reality is that they exist. I can't support actions that jeopardize the success of the team. ROR put himself in a position to get injured/incarcerated/suspended for his off-the-ice actions. And that affects the organization that pays him, his teammates who want to win and the fans that support him. Stupid, irresponsible, and inexcusable for someone who has so much bread.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

I have several friends who got DUIs in college. It's dumb, but it's not the end of the world. I forgave them (not that they asked for it, as friends I helped pick them up and dust them off) and they learned a lesson. I'm gonna give ROR the same treatment. It's a mistake that hopefully he learns from and moves past.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I have several friends who got DUIs in college. It's dumb, but it's not the end of the world. I forgave them (not that they asked for it, as friends I helped pick them up and dust them off) and they learned a lesson. I'm gonna give ROR the same treatment. It's a mistake that hopefully he learns from and moves past.
                        People make mistakes. One of my good buddies got arrested for dealing drugs back in the day.

But unlike my buddy and your college friends, he's getting paid $52 million to not make mistakes. If my friend had money, he wouldn't have been dealing drugs. If your college buddies had money for a cab, they wouldn't have gotten DUI's. ROR has a lot more responsibility and a lot fewer excuses.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          People make mistakes. One of my good buddies got arrested for dealing drugs back in the day.

But unlike my buddy and your college friends, he's getting paid $52 million to not make mistakes. If my friend had money, he wouldn't have been dealing drugs. If your college buddies had money for a cab, they wouldn't have gotten DUI's. ROR has a lot more responsibility and a lot fewer excuses.
                          They had money for a cab. We did stupid stuff in college. All of us. Some of us got caught, most didnt. But like you said, it's not the end of the world and I'm not going to act like it is.

Some people look at athletes like they are perfect and any misstep is some sort of massive insight to their whole world. It's not. Personally, I don't care much about athletes personal lives. I just care about what they do on the ice for the most part. Or on the field. Look at miggy cabrera for the tigers. Off field hiccup but otherwise an awesome dude.
                          Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 07-14-2015, 10:09 PM.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

When you just started a new high paying job, your decision making processes need to protect you from making poor choices / stupid decisions. So much for that happening here.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

They had money for a cab. We did stupid stuff in college. All of us. Some of us got caught, most didnt. But like you said, it's not the end of the world and I'm not going to act like it is.

Some people look at athletes like they are perfect and any misstep is some sort of massive insight to their whole world. It's not. Personally, I don't care much about athletes personal lives. I just care about what they do on the ice for the most part. Or on the field. Look at miggy cabrera for the tigers. Off field hiccup but otherwise an awesome dude.
                              I don't care what he does in his personal life either, until it starts affecting what happens on the ice. He risked suspension, injury and incarceration, and likely will be suspended. The Sabres figure to be a bubble playoff team this year, and a couple of losses may mean the difference between playing hockey in April or playing golf.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                                I don't care what he does in his personal life either, until it starts affecting what happens on the ice. He risked suspension, injury and incarceration, and likely will be suspended. The Sabres figure to be a bubble playoff team this year, and a couple of losses may mean the difference between playing hockey in April or playing golf.
                                Agreed, our current margin for error is almost nothing & we can't afford to be paying a drunk to miss games & get suspended / be our highest paid player.

Comment

Working...
                                X