Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ted Black Out, Russ Brandon In

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ted Black Out, Russ Brandon In

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I'll always appreciate that he bought the Bills in order to keep them here, but his judgement on basically everything else has been concerning, and this move is bewildering.
    What's bewildering about it? Russ Brandon has done a great job on the business side of things with the Bills. The guy has no personnel power in either organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,501 Times in 12,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who the **** is Russ brandon
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    What's bewildering about it? Russ Brandon has done a great job on the business side of things with the Bills. The guy has no personnel power in either organization.
    Bullh****. I don't accept your premise, which you state as a fact. It's not a fact.

For starters, if his job with the Bills has been "business" then why was he interviewing HC candidates? Russ Fckng Brandon has ZERO expertise from which to judge football coaches, and even less to judge hockey coaches. Why is he always in the War Room for the draft? And not just as an observer.

And the notion that he did such a "great job" on the business side of the Bills is simply Kool Aid. What he did was fill Ralph's pockets, to the detriment of winning. His cash to cap garbage has produced zero playoff appearances since the Clinton administration. There are two ways to build a "successful" franchise, and Russ' way leads to piss poor football. On the other hand, some team presidents are able to win and make money for their owners.

And even if all of the above were not true (it's all 100% true) the job of team President will invariable involve hockey decisions, and when you've got an owner who's given to stupid, impulsive Ville Leino moves, you need an experienced hockey man (who's an adult) and a proven winner. Hockey is a sport that's completely different than football when it comes to building a winner. Prospects take far more time to develop, so it's more of a long game. It's a job plenty big enough for one highly experienced man--not a job for an ass kissing empty suit who's moonlighting from the other job for which he's wholly unqualified.

Brandon has been the one constant in two decades of losing. If he's so great, why do they keep stripping him of the titles they give him? Russ Brandon, Bills GM (worst idea in the history of ideas). Russ Brandon, Bills CEO.

This is a classic case of a weasel being in the right place at the right time, with a talent for nothing except perpetuating his existence.

**** Russ Brandon.
    Last edited by WagonCircler; 07-29-2015 at 09:19 AM.

4. Post thanked by:

coastal (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Bullh****. I don't accept your premise, which you state as a fact. It's not a fact.

For starters, if his job with the Bills has been "business" then why was he interviewing HC candidates? Russ Fckng Brandon has ZERO expertise from which to judge football coaches, and even less to judge hockey coaches. Why is he always in the War Room for the draft? And not just as an observer.

And the notion that he did such a "great job" on the business side of the Bills is simply Kool Aid. What he did was fill Ralph's pockets, to the detriment of winning. His cash to cap garbage has produced zero playoff appearances since the Clinton administration. There are two ways to build a "successful" franchise, and Russ' way leads to piss poor football. On the other hand, some team presidents are able to win and make money for their owners.

And even if all of the above were not true (it's all 100% true) the job of team President will invariable involve hockey decisions, and when you've got an owner who's given to stupid, impulsive Ville Leino moves, you need an experienced hockey man (who's an adult) and a proven winner. Hockey is a sport that's completely different than football when it comes to building a winner. Prospects take far more time to develop, so it's more of a long game. It's a job plenty big enough for one highly experienced man--not a job for an ass kissing empty suit who's moonlighting from the other job for which he's wholly unqualified.

Brandon has been the one constant in two decades of losing. If he's so great, why do they keep stripping him of the titles they give him? Russ Brandon, Bills GM (worst idea in the history of ideas). Russ Brandon, Bills CEO.

This is a classic case of a weasel being in the right place at the right time, with a talent for nothing except perpetuating his existence.

**** Russ Brandon.
    I like how you pass off the notion that he has any say in player personnel as fact, when everything points to the opposite outside of his brief stint as GM (which if you've heard him talk about was not something he actively pursed and likely did it out of necessity).

The Bills on the field are run by Whaley and the Sabres on the ice are run by Murray.

You honestly think the Pegulas are going to give someone who has a say in football personnel for the Bills a job on a ****ing hockey team?

It's a complete business move.
    Last edited by Crisis; 07-29-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So this guy was the GM of the bills?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    For a short time yes after Marv Levy left. If you've ever heard him talk though it was a position he never really sought.

That time makes people scared that he still has a say in actual football operations though when that side of the Bills is all Doug Whaley. He's done an outstanding job on the business side of the things for the Bills despite the on the field product being terrible. But people somehow associate him with what happens on the field because they always need a scape goat. It's as dumb as the people who blamed Ted Black for the Sabres being awful.

8. Post thanked by:

DetDannyWilliams (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    He held the title, but per almost every report he was part of a group of people who had some level of say over personnel decisions.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never heard of this guy before he became president of the sabres.

In short, I don't watch football on Sundays. I watch football on Saturdays

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

People are freaking out about this for no reason. GMTM is in charge of hockey ops. Whaley is in charge of football ops. Brandon runs the business side of both teams, not the sports side. I don't get what the big deal is.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    People are freaking out about this for no reason. GMTM is in charge of hockey ops. Whaley is in charge of football ops. Brandon runs the business side of both teams, not the sports side. I don't get what the big deal is.
    That's because it always starts out that way with Weasels. Before you know it, they're insinuating themselves into every area of the operation, just like Russ did with the Bills.

13. Post thanked by:

coastal (08-01-2015)

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I'll be enjoying watching the Sabres games and not worrying about if Russ Brandon is secretly conspiring to overthrow GMTM. Good luck on your end.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah. I was looking forward to this season (finally). I will, too, have to just put this out of my head and watch hockey like old times.

16. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (08-01-2015)