For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

I guess he's a marketing genius if he got people to buy the ****ty product he was putting on the field.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Whaley & Rex will run the football operation on the Bills.

Tim Murray will run the hockey operation for the Sabres.

Brandon will handle the business side for both teams.

Does anyone think Brandon will be worse than Ted Black?

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
        ^Nothing with personnel. But this board thrives on a mob mentality. Facts are unnecessary.
        no stone left unturned... he wrote that in a letter after yet another coach left in 3 years. that approach took less than 3 interviews (one for quota purposes). And he got the guy from down the street. a guy who was incompentent and paranoid. two of the worst traits combined.

He takes credit at the times of hires and then points the finger at someone else when it's a failure.

he is a suckup. you can see that in how he carries himself. and what the owners know is that these two sports sell themselves. there is no reason to have a more expensive guy in the role.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
          It's not his JOB to "put a team together."
          It's his job to find people who can and he has consistently failed at it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            no stone left unturned... he wrote that in a letter after yet another coach left in 3 years. that approach took less than 3 interviews (one for quota purposes). And he got the guy from down the street. a guy who was incompentent and paranoid. two of the worst traits combined.

He takes credit at the times of hires and then points the finger at someone else when it's a failure.

he is a suckup. you can see that in how he carries himself. and what the owners know is that these two sports sell themselves. there is no reason to have a more expensive guy in the role.
            I know I would be happy with Brandon's salary, especially after getting the Sabres job.

There may be execs making more money than Brandon, but I would bet there are some that make much less.

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

Look, Russ Brandon is a great snake oil salesman but for the love of God keep him far the **** away from personnel & sports decisions.

And hey, here's what I think of marketing & advertising people.

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I have no problem with the operations side of Russ. It was Ralph that put him on the football side. This set the Bills back because he is not a football guy he is a marketing/operations guy. It's not his fault Ralph did that. What are people criticisms of him from a marketing/operations standpoint? I feel he was following Ralph's orders to do the Toronto series. Hasn't everyone done things they have not wanted to do on their job because a higher authority told him to do it? He generated a lot of revenue for that deal. He followed orders and ended the series when Pegulas took over.

We don't see how he runs the operations side. However, Pegulas are astute business people so if they put their trust in Russ I have no problem with that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Russ has been great at regionalizing the bills franchise. He will do the same with the sabres. He already said yesterday he won't be in charge of hockey operations. This should end the argument.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

To me, Russ is Ralph. He represents the old way of doing things, where coaches and FO personnel are consistently underpaid compared to league averages, the org settles for second or third tier coaches and FA's, guys with big salaries are allowed to walk but the money is stuffed into a mattress instead of re-invested in the team and we start the season a gazillion dollars below the salary cap, etc. And it's all because budget decisions override football ones when Russ is in charge.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      Russ has been great at regionalizing the bills franchise. He will do the same with the sabres. He already said yesterday he won't be in charge of hockey operations. This should end the argument.

But will he be in charge of how much money hockey operations gets? His cash-to-cap policy hamstrung football operations even when he wasn't directly involved.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        But will he be in charge of how much money hockey operations gets? His cash-to-cap policy hamstrung football operations even when he wasn't directly involved.
                        I doubt it. I doubt he also had the final say as to how much the team was allowed to spend.

- - - Updated - - -

To me, Russ is Ralph. He represents the old way of doing things, where coaches and FO personnel are consistently underpaid compared to league averages, the org settles for second or third tier coaches and FA's, guys with big salaries are allowed to walk but the money is stuffed into a mattress instead of re-invested in the team and we start the season a gazillion dollars below the salary cap, etc. And it's all because budget decisions override football ones when Russ is in charge.
                        you're making assumptions
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

The Sabres (read Pegulas) move from one yes man to a bigger yes man.

Who suffers? Buffalo sports fans.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Russ has never worked with an owner with as deep pockets as the Pegulas have. He's also not in charge of hockey/football operations so I don't know what everyone is so up in arms about. I'm willing to at least give the guy a chance before I set my pitchfork on fire.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                              Russ has never worked with an owner with as deep pockets as the Pegulas have. He's also not in charge of hockey/football operations so I don't know what everyone is so up in arms about. I'm willing to at least give the guy a chance before I set my pitchfork on fire.
                              Yeah, didn't we all say "Give Darcy a chance with Pegula as the owner?" How'd that work out?
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                                Making Spirits Bright
                                • Mar 2006

Yeah, didn't we all say "Give Darcy a chance with Pegula as the owner?" How'd that work out?
                                I don't follow the Sabres enough to comment on them, but I know that 1 bad hire does not mean the next hire is going to be just as bad.

Besides, Russ is President of the Sabres not the GM. They are different roles. Just as he's no longer making football decisions for the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                                X