Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    From a business perspective, Brandon can make financial decisions that negatively affect the football side. "Cash to cap," remember?

The only way to guarantee he won't **** up football operations is to make sure he's not part of the organization.

Oh and it's not *****ing to point out that a guy who has blood on his hands for a lot of the failure, swindled fans into paying for an inferior product and took away the financial incentive to win is being rewarded with more responsibility.

You claim you want the Bills to win, but then you defend the people responsible for the losing and accuse anyone who criticizes them of "*****ing."

Thanks
    Thanked 11,482 Times in 7,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From a business perspective, Brandon can make financial decisions that negatively affect the football side. "Cash to cap," remember?

The only way to guarantee he won't **** up football operations is to make sure he's not part of the organization.
    Pegula said he wants to win a superb bowl and the Stanley cup. If Russ gets in rhe way then I'm pretty sure he's gone. If Russ was the reason why the bills sucked, I'm pretty sure Pegula would have had the inside track and Russ would have been done. Its not hard really. But then again for you it's rocket science.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Pegula said he wants to win a superb bowl and the Stanley cup. If Russ gets in rhe way then I'm pretty sure he's gone. If Russ was the reason why the bills sucked, I'm pretty sure Pegula would have had the inside track and Russ would have been done. Its not hard really. But then again for you it's rocket science.
    Why even give him the chance to get in the way? Pegula had the inside track on the Sabres and thought Regier and Ruff could get the job done without Golisano in the way. They couldn't. He's repeating his mistakes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh and it's not *****ing to point out that a guy who has blood on his hands for a lot of the failure, swindled fans into paying for an inferior product and took away the financial incentive to win is being rewarded with more responsibility.

You claim you want the Bills to win, but then you defend the people responsible for the losing and accuse anyone who criticizes them of "*****ing."
    Pegula is so stupid. He most likely asked around about Russ and what went on . He should have asked a whiny poster on BZ for inside information instead who knows the real truth.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why even give him the chance to get in the way? Pegula had the inside track on the Sabres and thought Regier and Ruff could get the job done without Golisano in the way. They couldn't. He's repeating his mistakes.
    Still can't make the distinction between business and sports operation. Talking to a rock would be better.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Still can't make the distinction between business and sports operation. Talking to a rock would be better.
    We've already covered this and you ignored it. First, his financial decisions can and do affect sports operations. Second, they can say his role is limited to the business side but we have no idea what actually happens behind closed doors.

The only way to be sure he doesn't **** things up on the field/ice, whether through direct involvement or some "cash to cap" type financial nonsense, is to make sure he is not associated with the organization.

Those who defend the people responsible for the losing deserve the losing.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He was GM for two years so don't tell me he was never involved in the on the field product.

And even when he supposedly wasn't responsble for football decisions, a) he held the purse strings for those who were and b) we don't know how much he meddled.

Once again, not a chance worth taking, especially since the sabres already have good marketing.
    You're sort of saying he was responsible and even if he wasn't...so you aren't really committed to either point just dislike the guy like even I do, though I'll happily tell you he wasn't involved in the on the field product. You have to remember Tom Modrak. Brandon was smile facetime business guy, Modrak/Overdorf/Jauron were football decisions.

Oh how I really don't want to dig up the links again because I've posted them so many times over and over through the years and like people just want to ignore them beyond all reason anyway because it's just what they want to believe.

Brandon was a figurehead and focal point gladhanding facetiming cap wearing schmoozer, who did business stuff. You can argue his business skill, but he never did football stuff. Recent Bills articles even admit he was a figurehead "GM", that was Wilson trying to avoid another Donahoe and make a focal point.

Better the himbo Brandon than the oily Black. Brandon can at least look stupid on his own merit for looking stupid where Black would instead convince you you are stupid for not seeing his clever "success by being an incompetent bumpkin" methodology.

Just watch. You'll see Brandon at facetime events and not hear much about him otherwise anymore. If he convinces Pegula of anything stupid, we can look at it again, but I'm guessing the people in place in both organizations, being strong personalities, will have more than enough opportunity to achieve their own level of stupid without Brandon being much of a factor unless he thinks to replace wings and beer with fondue and white wine at the concession stands.

8. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (08-02-2015)