For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Victor7
    • Jul 2013

Re: For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

Unexplainable to say the least.

I guess that as long as he keeps his nose out of field/ice decisions its ok. He's a money maker for sure. But at what cost ? Over winning ? Its up to Pegula. Ralph always valued the bottom line over winning. That's why Brandon stuck around for so long despite the team's ineptitude.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

I thought Brandon wasn't involved with football operations anymore. Is that no longer the case?

If it's strictly from a business standpoint, I'm fine with him staying here. I've been under the impression that Russ is running the business end and Whaley is running the football end and neither answer to the other person, they both answer only to the Pegulas.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
        I am not a Russ Brandon fan. He is a "yes" man and I hate seeing "yes" men get ahead.

Bill Polian had no problem saying no to Ralph and wasn't scared of losing his job.

Maybe there is more here but from what I've seen Im not impressed. The Toronto debacle falls on his shoulders and that didn't market the team geographically. It just made the Bills more vulnerable and for that I will never trust this guy.
        Screw Polian. He screwed the Pegula's when Marrone quit.

Yeah, Polian wasn't scared of losing his job & that helped the Bills how?

A good executive knows how to get his point across without losing his job.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          Thats the problem here. You are not viewing Russ from a business perspective. No one is saying Russ was ever a great talent evaluator. You guys just needed someone to blame therefore you concocted the thought that he was was responsible for a lot of the decisions and blamed him for the results ON THE FIELD.

Even you would fire Russ if that were true, yet you aren't even worthy of sniffing Russ' jockstrap when it comes to business.
          Russ was in charge. If he wasn't making the decisions on the field, he was picking the guys who were. He has a LOT of blood on his hands for the disaster that this team has been since he arrived. I could give two ****s about his business acumen. He doesn't get wins.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Brandon has been a marketing genius. I don't understand the hate. He was a non-football guy tasked with making football decisions. Anyone really surprised he failed? I'm not. He is doing what he should and what he is good at.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
              Brandon has been a marketing genius. I don't understand the hate. He was a non-football guy tasked with making football decisions. Anyone really surprised he failed? I'm not. He is doing what he should and what he is good at.
              Fans should be upset with anyone responsible for the cluster**** that was the last 15 years. I guess it's not entirely Brandon's fault that we fans were dumb enough to fall for his crap, but he made Ralph even richer off of our money while we suffered though a dumpster fire of a football team.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lucidvizion
                Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
                • Feb 2005

Now he doesn't have to hire a new person.

i.e. Pegula is cheap.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Russ was in charge. If he wasn't making the decisions on the field, he was picking the guys who were.

but that is what this thread is about. Russ as a business/marketing guy. He's awesome.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Fans should be upset with anyone responsible for the cluster**** that was the last 15 years. I guess it's not entirely Brandon's fault that we fans were dumb enough to fall for his crap, but he made Ralph even richer off of our money while we suffered though a dumpster fire of a football team.
                    and yet you're telling us Pegula is out of his mind? Okay, he's out of his mind . Just make out your check to Kim Pegula ..... better yet, send the check to me and I'll make sure they get it.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      and yet you're telling us Pegula is out of his mind? Okay, he's out of his mind . Just make out your check to Kim Pegula ..... better yet, send the check to me and I'll make sure they get it.
                      Well Pegula said when he bought the Sabres that the sole reason for the team's existence was to win a Stanley Cup. Then he spends tons of money on everything from FA's to locker room upgrades.

Yet, he turns around and hires a guy who makes tons of money for the owns but can't put a winning team together to save his life.

It makes zero sense.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

And btw, the Sabres sold 15,000 seats to a rookie scrimmage in July, just a few short months after finishing last in the league and setting several franchise records for futility. They sold 97% of their tickets last season despite being terrible. They don't need Brandon's used car salesman tactics to make money.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                          I am not a Russ Brandon fan. He is a "yes" man and I hate seeing "yes" men get ahead.

Bill Polian had no problem saying no to Ralph and wasn't scared of losing his job.

Maybe there is more here but from what I've seen Im not impressed. The Toronto debacle falls on his shoulders and that didn't market the team geographically. It just made the Bills more vulnerable and for that I will never trust this guy.
                          You do not know he is a yes man or not. A good leader might not want to do something and appropriately discusses with ownership or his team and then presents a unified front to the public. This does not mean he is a yes man or not.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Yet, he turns around and hires a guy who makes tons of money for the owns but can't put a winning team together to save his life.
                            It's not his JOB to "put a team together."

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                              **** you, marketing genius. Selling football to WNYers takes a genius?

Total ****ing empty suit.

Terry is apparently no different than Ralph.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Buffalo sports fans, welcome to fuctville.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                                Making Spirits Bright
                                • Mar 2006

Fans should be upset with anyone responsible for the cluster**** that was the last 15 years.
                                Ralph was directly responsible for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X