Thread: Penguins trade the Bylsma draft pick from Buffalo

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Penguins trade the Bylsma draft pick from Buffalo

• Seth Rorabaugh: “Per Pens, the 2nd rounder they received was originally Anaheim’s. The 3rd rounder they sent was originally Buffalo’s (Bylsma compensation).”
    Penguins - Canucks trade

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Penguins trade the Bylsma draft pick from Buffalo

Canucks getting a little bit of crap on TWITTER over this.

• Pens Inside Scoop: “Bonino has had an excellent past couple years. Career-high 22 goals in ’13-14 with Ducks. Followed that up with 15 last year in Van.”

• Matt Larkin: “So the Canucks, who need secondary scoring, downgrade their scoring, plus send off Clendening, plus downgrade a draft pick?”

• Juha Hiitela: “I don’t get this. Benning says Canucks are thin on D and then trades Clendening?”

• Dobber Hockey: “I’d rather have Bonino over Sutter. I’d rather have a 2nd than a 3rd. I’d rather save cap space. And thank you for Clendening.”

• Justin Bourne: “Clendening & Bonino will cost less than Sutter too. For cap team freeing up room for guy (like Fehr) … again – good stuff Jimmy Ruth.”

• Arpon Basu: “I don’t understand what the Canucks are doing”

• Mike Halford: “Sutter’s a pending UFA ($3.3M). Assume VAN starts extension talks ASAP, but it’s tough to assume exactly what they’re doing right now.”