• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Victor7
    • Jul 2013

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    I know this is irrelevant to the topic, but I thought it might amuse the haters.

This is Ben Affleck's nanny, and those four SB rings on her fingers are Tom Brady's.

I would most def hit that.

Without those stupid rings of course.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

I know this is irrelevant to the topic,
      So let me get this straight...

1) Troy Vincent broke JP Losman's leg on purpose, and this is a FACT

2) based on this fact, we KNOW that Troy Vincent has a history of hating pretty-boy quarterbacks

3) therefore, Troy Vincent is likely just hating on another pretty-boy quarterback in the Tom Brady case

Does this accurately portray your line of reasoning?

Comment

• Spartacus
        • Mar 2003

Goodell looks more and more like a mob boss every day.

The NFL Godfather...

My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
          So let me get this straight...

1) Troy Vincent broke JP Losman's leg on purpose, and this is a FACT

2) based on this fact, we KNOW that Troy Vincent has a history of hating pretty-boy quarterbacks

3) therefore, Troy Vincent is likely just hating on another pretty-boy quarterback in the Tom Brady case

Does this accurately portray your line of reasoning?
          Makes sense to you too, huh?
          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Makes sense to you too, huh?
            So you really think for sure that Troy Vincent broke Losman's leg on purpose, which proves that he hates pretty-boy quarterbacks?

If so, why exactly? What do you base that conclusion on exactly? How can you tell that he broke the guy's leg on purpose, more specifically? Do you have any shred of proof?

Also, in turn, we know that Tom Brady can be likened to Losman as far as Vincent is concerned...he had it out for Losman enough to break his leg intentionally so therefore it makes sense that he should go after Brady for arbitrary reasons just because he's a pretty-boy too?

Is this what you are actually suggesting?
            Last edited by feldspar; 08-12-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

So you really think for sure that Troy Vincent broke Losman's leg on purpose, which proves that he hates pretty-boy quarterbacks?
              Yes, I'm sure. Like Roger Goodell, Troy appointed himself judge, jury and executioner and delivered his punishment to JP Losman for being a hot dog and a dick.

Even then, Troy was heavily politically oriented, and widely known as an up and coming black guy who wanted to get ahead in the world after he stopped playing.

Vincent cheap shotted Losman to gain the approval of the vets, who hated his show boating.

Ten years later, he's cheap shotting the most famous player in the league to gain the approval of billionaires who hate the Patriots.

Troy Vincent knows how to take care of Troy Vincent's bidness.

I have no doubt he's a Republican too.
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Yes, I'm sure. Like Roger Goodell, Troy appointed himself judge, jury and executioner and delivered his punishment to JP Losman for being a hot dog and a dick.

Even then, Troy was heavily politically oriented, and widely known as an up and coming black guy who wanted to get ahead in the world after he stopped playing.

Vincent cheap shotted Losman to gain the approval of the vets, who hated his show boating.

Ten years later, he's cheap shotting the most famous player in the league to gain the approval of billionaires who hate the Patriots.

And what is your take on Chemtrails?

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

I know this is irrelevant to the topic, but I thought it might amuse the haters.

This is Ben Affleck's nanny, and those four SB rings on her fingers are Tom Brady's.

Wait, there are rings in this picture?

All I see is one crunchy mondo-babe covering my retinas and blurring out all other forms of existential reality.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Spartacus
                    • Mar 2003

Goodell and the NFL increasingly look like the sneering bad guys determined to take down Tom Brady to save their own sorry asses.

Why do these guys insist on ****ting all over the sport that we've all loved for so long?

And the braying jackasses of fandom enable these *******s for a brief frisson of self-righteousness are reprehensible.

Yeah, I get it, you hate Tom Brady, but are you all so venal you're going to pimp for the league overlords in their attempt to smear a great player, that up until now had a squeaky clean reputation? It's disgusting and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Breaking down Brady's incendiary filing in federal Deflategate case

In the latest motion, Brady’s attorney called Goodell’s decision to uphold the quarterback’s suspension a “smear campaign.”

LOL! The NFL's position is that it doesn't matter if the judge thinks Tom Brady was set up, he only gets to rule whether or not Goodell was allowed to do what he did under the labor agreement.

Yup, these guys sure are looking for justice here. Goodell and his goons are setting a fine example for the youth of America.
                    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Goodell and the NFL increasingly look like the sneering bad guys determined to take down Tom Brady to save their own sorry asses.

Why do these guys insist on ****ting all over the sport that we've all loved for so long?

And the braying jackasses of fandom enable these *******s for a brief frisson of self-righteousness are reprehensible.

Yeah, I get it, you hate Tom Brady, but are you all so venal you're going to pimp for the league overlords in their attempt to smear a great player, that up until now had a squeaky clean reputation? It's disgusting and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

In the latest motion, Brady’s attorney called Goodell’s decision to uphold the quarterback’s suspension a “smear campaign.”

LOL! The NFL's position is that it doesn't matter if the judge thinks Tom Brady was set up, he only gets to rule whether or not Goodell was allowed to do what he did under the labor agreement.

Yup, these guys sure are looking for justice here. Goodell and his goons are setting a fine example for the youth of America.
                      Squeaky clean my ass.

Brady CHEATED as far back as spygate which he had full knowledge of as well at deflategate.

Not to mention the radio in his helmet still on long after it should have been turned off.
                      Last edited by better days; 08-17-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

It doesn't matter to you that everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) who actually SAW the incident viewed it as an accident? Including the people in the stands?

That's the thing about habitual conspiracy theorists: they create their own version of events to fit their agenda and ignore all contrary evidence...doesn't even matter if they have zero evidence of their own to support their claims.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Yes, Goodell is trying to uphold his power as arbitrator. Courts hate to overturn those decisions because binding arbitration reduces their workload and is generally a lot speedier. If they make a habit of doing so, they risk undoing the entire point of arbitration.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

The only thing that matters in a legal sense is whether or not Goodell acted fairly based on the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. That's what the case going to federal court IS and always HAS BEEN. I said this before. All the rest is a public relations duel.

All professional sports pretty much have a commissioner of sorts in place with the powers Goodell has to protect the integrity of the game...it's been that way starting with after the World Series was fixed in 1919. So this power of the commissioner is nothing new or unusual anywhere.

HOW the Patriots got caught is irrelevant. The preponderance of evidence standard was met, and the only relevant thing at this point is whether or not the process was fair under the CBA. That includes the expectation that you are to be completely forthcoming while under investigation. Brady and his lawyers knew this from the get-go. Collective bargaining arbitrations aren't often overturned by courts...that's very rare, from what I hear. Collective bargaining is there for a reason...it's a contractual agreement, and the basis of practice. So go cry into your sleeve, or whatever it is that you do. The court is not there to ponder the facts, only the fairness of process under the CBA, yet again. This is news to you?

Most fans are just sick to death hearing about this. A four-game suspension is not going to "drag Brady down," or whatever melodramatic way you choose to look at it. Yeah, the league is just "out to get" Brady, and have been from the start, huh? Why? In part because Troy Vincent is PROVEN to hate pretty-boy quarterbacks and loves to take them down? Don't be ridiculous again. This situation is NOT good for the league.

Let me ask you something...all BS aside...do you believe Tom Brady to 100% innocent as to the allegations, without question?
                            Last edited by feldspar; 08-17-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Yes, Goodell is trying to uphold his power as arbitrator. Courts hate to overturn those decisions because binding arbitration reduces their workload and is generally a lot speedier. If they make a habit of doing so, they risk undoing the entire point of arbitration.
                              Goodell is doing more than just upholding his power as arbitrator, he's trying to hide evil behavior behind procedural nit-picking.

I doubt that any judge in this situation would want to be known as someone who rubber stamped a travesty of justice on a technicality. Why should judges like to be used any more than the next person?
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                                • Mar 2003

It doesn't matter to you that everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) who actually SAW the incident viewed it as an accident? Including the people in the stands?
                                And you know this how? Did you interview everyone who saw the incident under oath?

That's the thing about habitual conspiracy theorists: they create their own version of events to fit their agenda and ignore all contrary evidence...doesn't even matter if they have zero evidence of their own to support their claims.
                                That's the thing about stupid people with no imagination. They're stupid and have no imagination.
                                My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                                X