Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

It's obvious why Brady, Belichick and the Pats are hated.

They are the antithesis of everything that the NFL is trying to portray. A league in which there is parity, a league in which any team can win, a league in which a team can go from worst to first. The Patriots prove that none of that is true and have sustained a dynasty in a time when parity is/was supposed to reign supreme.

Then people will point to cheating as an excuse as to why they just keep winning. Because no one else ever taped signals of an opposing team before right? Because no other QB has ever played with a football that's not within NFL regulated size right?

Other teams have their scandals and after a while they just go away and no one gives two craps, textgate, chargers using stick um, falcons pumping in artificial noise, the jets taping other teams.

Why do you think all of that stuff gets swept under a rug? None of those teams involved matter.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fans in cities for teams that can beat them don't seem to care much.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Or maybe there aren't any, but whether or not there are is irrelevant.

In THIS case, the FATHER of the Colts VP of Football Operations is being PAID to advise Troy Vincent. You know the Colts, don't you? The guys that made the accusation in the first place? The guys who say it's common knowledge around the league that Brady deflates his footballs but CAN'T REMEMBER WHO told them?

And we have to wait until now to find this out?

LOL!

Answer me this. You're a Bills fan, I get it. So you're naturally inclined to think the worst about opposing teams, especially the ones that are successful.

But in this case, it's the Colts trying to screw the Patriots. The Colts are an opposing team too.

So WHY do you want to believe the Colts but not the Patriots?

What is it about Tom Brady that makes you hate him so much? Because he's rich, talented and good looking while you're a total loser? Could that be it?
    Why is it that you want to focus on how the Patriots got caught, as opposed to what they actually did? The "crime" itself is the only important thing to me. If they did it, then they did it...doesn't matter who blew the whistle, or how it was revealed.

I don't know, but you seem to have no problem with a team bending the rules to gain a competitive advantage, if not outright BREAKING the rules as long as they are not caught. Is that"all part of the game?"

But here's the twist: if you believe the Colts set up the Patriots, why would you have a problem with that? Isn't that just another way for a team to gain a competitive advantage...A WAY THAT IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES? Seems to me like you have a double-standard in play here. Even if you are right about everything (a huge IF), aren't the Colts doing everything they can to win? Why do you have a problem with that now, in this case?
    Last edited by feldspar; 08-24-2015 at 02:05 AM.

4. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (08-24-2015)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,938 Times in 13,289 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Why is it that you want to focus on how the Patriots got caught, as opposed to what they actually did? The "crime" itself is the only important thing to me. If they did it, then they did it...doesn't matter who blew the whistle, or how it was revealed.

Un-****ing-believable.

You guys are off your ****ing rockers.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

They are the antithesis of everything that the NFL is trying to portray. A league in which there is parity, a league in which any team can win, a league in which a team can go from worst to first. The Patriots prove that none of that is true and have sustained a dynasty in a time when parity is/was supposed to reign supreme.
    QUOTE]

Then people will point to cheating as an excuse as to why they just keep winning. Because no one else ever taped signals of an opposing team before right? Because no other QB has ever played with a football that's not within NFL regulated size right?

Other teams have their scandals and after a while they just go away and no one gives two craps, textgate, chargers using stick um, falcons pumping in artificial noise, the jets taping other teams.

Why do you think all of that stuff gets swept under a rug? None of those teams involved matter.
    I'm not sure that's applicable in this case.

You have to understand these 32 teams are owned by guys that have made fortunes, and usually people don't make fortunes worrying about breaking a rule every once in a while, and they don't make fortunes without ruining a few innocent people in the process. In other words, they can be ruthless when they want to.

However, only one team can win and 31 other guys don't like feeling like losers, so it's not surprising some of THEM aren't willing to do something underhanded to change the odds.

So, it's nor surprising that the 3 teams aiding and abetting Goodell in this farce are the Ravens, Colts and Jets.

If you can't beat 'em on the field, beat em in the boardroom.

Unfortunately, in their arrogance, they didn't think it through. The guys in the boardroom don't care if they're called cheaters and liars, that's SOP in business. But on the football field it's different.

Did they REALLY think Tom Brady would roll over and admit to being a liar and a cheater and then go on with his playing career?

Or, is that what they're hoping for - that this will force Brady to retire?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Let me ask you something.

You claim to be a Bills fan. How come all you talk about is Tom Brady? I haven't seen you talk about any other subject except your love for Tom Brady and hatred for anyone who thinks he's guilty.
    So, if you haven't seen it, it hasn't happened?

Even though the Rex Ryan/Matt Cassel/Tyrod Taylor/EJ Bills bore me to tears, I HAVE TO talk about them to establish my bone fides for dumbass soreheads?

Sorry, but as well as being a Bills fan, I'm an NFL fan, and have been one since my dad and I watched Jim Brown run the football on our little B&W tv with the rabbit ears.

And IMO, after being a football fan for 55 years, this episode is as LOW as the NFL's ever sunk.

Pete Ro2elle would have never let this happen and neither would Paul Tagliabue.

Roger Goodell has to go, and if he'd take that drunken, angry lout saction of the fanbase with him, so much the better.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why am I supposed to hate the Patriots because of what the NFL is trying to portray? I certainly am not against dynasties. I don't hate any other dynasties, I might dislike them but have an appreciation for what they are. The Cowboys of the early 90's, the 49ers, the Steelers...I respect those teams.

I don't care about what the NFL is trying to portray, nor do I care about parity. Honestly, I would think better of the Patriots because they would be the outlier and effectively be telling the NFL to take their parity and shove it. I just don't agree with how they got to this point and don't think they deserve my respect, and I'm 100% positive they don't care about my respect and why should they?

Because no other QB has ever played with a football that's not within NFL regulated size right?
    I guess we'll never know. Except for the couple of QBs who have admitted it, something Tom Brady doesn't have the balls to do.

You mean the teams that admit wrongdoing and accept their punishment? Weird how those stories end quick, fast, and in a hurry. Probably because there's nothing else to talk about. Why would deflategate get swept under the rug when the NFL is getting taken to court by one of it's top superstars? It's not the fans fault, it's not the media's fault, it's Tom Brady and the Patriots fault that this has blown up to be as big as it is.

If Brady came out and admitted what he is accused of doing, apologized, absolved his equipment guys of any wrongdoing, and donated his Superbowl winnings to charity, I would bet this whole thing would be over. I doubt there would be a suspension, maybe just a fine. But no, Tom Brady has to save his image and fight this to the death.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, if you haven't seen it, it hasn't happened?
    There's a search feature, big guy.

Sorry, but as well as being a Bills fan, I'm an NFL fan, and have been one since my dad and I watched Jim Brown run the football on our little B&W tv with the rabbit ears.
    It must be hell to be a fan of something that you are constantly complaining about.

Pete Ro2elle would have never let this happen and neither would Paul Tagliabue.

Roger Goodell has to go, and if he'd take that drunken, angry lout saction of the fanbase with him, so much the better.
    Too bad the owners like him so much. I mean, Kraft liked him enough to give him something like a $30 million per year raise? Yikes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There's a search feature, big guy.

It must be hell to be a fan of something that you are constantly complaining about.

Too bad the owners like him so much. I mean, Kraft liked him enough to give him something like a $30 million per year raise? Yikes.
    1. So what?

2. Compared to trying to reason with you, it's paradise.

3. So what?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ESPN (Goodell's bum boys) apologi2e to Patriots...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-to-patriots/

ESPN issues late-night apology to Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT

ESPN has finally said “we’re sorry” to the Patriots. But not for the report that turned a curiosity into #DeflateGate!

Instead, ESPN has apologized for repeating as fact a Boston Herald report regarding alleged cheating prior to Super Bowl XXXVI, even though the Herald report that the Patriots videotaped the Rams’ final walk-through practice before the game was prominently retracted years ago.

“On two occasions in recent weeks, SportsCenter incorrectly cited a 2002 report regarding the New England Patriots and Super Bowl XXXVI,” anchor Steve Levy said at 12:20 a.m. ET Thursday, in a one-time-only on-air declaration of regret. “That story was found to be false, and should not have been part of our reporting. We apologize to the Patriots organization.”

...more...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ESPN (Goodell's bum boys) apologi2e to Patriots...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-to-patriots/

ESPN issues late-night apology to Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT

ESPN has finally said “we’re sorry” to the Patriots. But not for the report that turned a curiosity into #DeflateGate!

Instead, ESPN has apologized for repeating as fact a Boston Herald report regarding alleged cheating prior to Super Bowl XXXVI, even though the Herald report that the Patriots videotaped the Rams’ final walk-through practice before the game was prominently retracted years ago.

“On two occasions in recent weeks, SportsCenter incorrectly cited a 2002 report regarding the New England Patriots and Super Bowl XXXVI,” anchor Steve Levy said at 12:20 a.m. ET Thursday, in a one-time-only on-air declaration of regret. “That story was found to be false, and should not have been part of our reporting. We apologize to the Patriots organization.”

...more...
    So what?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Figure it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

so everytime the patriots do something illegal and the evidence is destroyed, we are supposed to believe the pats get an apology?

the thing that can show that they were guilty of spy gate destroyed. now they can pretend that it never happened? Get real.
    They were guilty of tampering the footballs, the evidence to prove it is destroyed, so now we have to let brady pretend nothing happened?

strange world.

15. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (08-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Figure it out.
    It's funny.

If you actually were to try to explain yourself, you'll probably see how ignorant and ridiculous you look.

"Ummm...well the ESPN people are like, totes BFFs with Goodell...and since they are sorry for a thing they did, then that means that Goodell setup Brady and Vincent is against pretty boys."

- Spartacus, probably

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So what?
    Dude, it's like quicksand talking to the guy. The more you struggle, the faster you sink...doesn't even matter who really makes more sense...

18. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (08-24-2015)