• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICRockets
    Childish Fake Voter
    • Jul 2008

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
    Which is worse behavior? The NFL trying to get future legal proceedings heard, I dunno, in the same jurisdiction as the NFL league offices? Or players deliberately taking their cases to a jurisdiction where the league doesn't have it's offices, the team isn't from, and no one involved lives? This is a move by the NFL to prevent the slime of the player.
    In fairness to the NFLPA, David Doty's jurisdiction in Minnesota is specifically laid out in the CBA as where all their appeals go. I don't disagree that it makes little sense as to WHY that is, but I don't think there's any slime inherent to the decision.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

In that case, I stand corrected.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        they made it a huge issue because Irsay and the Baltimore owner and Woody Johnson were pressing him, so now we have the SINGLE BIGGEST EMBARRASSMENT EVER for the NFL.
        did i read that right? youre saying goodell is railroading tommy bc some of the other owners want him to? if so that makes no sense whatsoever. what would he/the nfl get out of that? it would be a massively huge risk for what kind of reward? can you image what would happen to the nfl if that ever was exposed, which seems likely if its just a frame job

i must not be understanding you bc this is a horrible explanation. nobody in their right mind would ever ever try to do that as commissioner unless they were stark raving insane. so please, honestly, if i have missed the rationale please try to restate it for me
        Last edited by Meathead; 07-29-2015, 11:36 AM.
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
          • Jul 2002

and why do ppl keep bringing up the colts game? what difference does it make if they won by a thousand or lost by a thousand? does anyone actually believe they only would do it for that one game? does anyone actually believe its total coincidence that the cheaters fumble statistics plunged at exactly the same time as brady/manning convinced the league to let them break in and use AND CONTROL their own balls in the game when on offense?

i cant wait for the fumble stats to come rolling in this season when the nfl is controlling the balls and monitoring psi now. the cheaters stats are going to immediately (in one season) go back to being right in line with the rest of the league. thats going to be as much a smoking gun as you could have. that entire organization should be severely punished if/when that happens. they wont but we will all know what was going on, at least those of us that dont already know

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Even Tom Brady's teammate Devin McCourty refused to say Brady didn't cheat when pressed on that by the media.

All he would say is Tom is family & you stand by your family no matter what.

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

New England Patriots football star Tom Brady denied on Wednesday he had destroyed his cell phone to avoid giving it to NFL investigators, saying the flap was "manufactured" to distract from "zero evidence" against him in the "Deflategate" scandal. Brady issued his statement a day after National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell upheld a four-game suspension of the quarterback for his part in an alleged scheme to deflate footballs below league standards in the game that put the Patriots in the 2015 Super Bowl. Many NFL quarterbacks, including Brady, prefer softer game balls because they are easier to grip in cold weather.

Brady blasts NFL 'Deflategate' suspension, denies wrongdoing
              Reuters By Steve Ginsburg
              2 hours ago

(Reuters) - New England Patriots football star Tom Brady denied on Wednesday he had destroyed his cell phone to avoid giving it to NFL investigators, saying the flap was "manufactured" to distract from "zero evidence" against him in the "Deflategate" scandal.

Brady issued his statement a day after National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell upheld a four-game suspension of the quarterback for his part in an alleged scheme to deflate footballs below league standards in the game that put the Patriots in the 2015 Super Bowl.

...and...

Patriots owner Robert Kraft threw his support behind his player, considered one of the NFL's all-time greats.

"I was wrong to put my faith in the league," Kraft said in blasting Goodell for upholding the suspension. "I continue to believe and unequivocally support Tom Brady."

...and...

Kraft said on Wednesday he regretted accepting the "harshest penalty in history of NFL" when he chose not to appeal a $1 million fine imposed on the team for its alleged role in the scandal. Goodell also ordered the club to surrender two draft choices, including the team's coveted No. 1 pick next year.

"I truly believe what I did in May, given the actual evidence of the situation and the league’s history on discipline matters, would make it much easier for the league to exonerate Tom Brady," Kraft said. "Unfortunately, I was wrong."

...more...
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                NFL: we are thinking about your appeal.
                Tom: i destroyed my phone when i realized you were asking for the details.
                NFL: really, you destroyed the very phone that could have easily proved your innocence?...you know what, now that you can't prove you are innocent and we can prove you tampered with the footballs, let's go to court and see how a judge feels about some one destroying evidence in an ongoing investigation.

Let's make this about you spending money against us and see if its worth it to you.

Bottom line, he is guilty and his ego that we all knew was a huge issue for him is making this worse on a daily basis.

I hope OJ's ghost writer can change some of the langue to "if i did it" for Brady.
                Brady covered that at the time of the Super Bowl.

He did not say "I am not a CHEATER."

He said "I don't believe I am a CHEATER."

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                  "I truly believe what I did in May, given the actual evidence of the situation and the league’s history on discipline matters, would make it much easier for the league to exonerate Tom Brady," Kraft said. "Unfortunately, I was wrong."
                  So Kraft is basically saying that he thought he could pay off the NFL with $1 million to get Brady exonerated. What a class act.

Besides, it's tough for the NFL to exonerate someone when they're so obviously guilty.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                    In fairness to the NFLPA, David Doty's jurisdiction in Minnesota is specifically laid out in the CBA as where all their appeals go. I don't disagree that it makes little sense as to WHY that is, but I don't think there's any slime inherent to the decision.
                    It is also laid out in the CBA that Goodell has the right to administer punishment & hear all appeals.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

I do have some sympathy for Brady not wanting to set a precedent by handing over his cell phone.

It is his phone and not his employers and that seems to be a huge invasion of privacy.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                        I do have some sympathy for Brady not wanting to set a precedent by handing over his cell phone.

It is his phone and not his employers and that seems to be a huge invasion of privacy.
                        True dat.

Maybe there were rockin' hot nude photos of Gisele on that thing.

In which case, the phone needs to be reconstructed and analyzed in my bedroom!
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                          True dat.

Maybe there were rockin' hot nude photos of Gisele on that thing.

In which case, the phone needs to be reconstructed and analyzed in my bedroom!
                          Your bathroom not good enough for jerking off anymore?

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

Your bathroom not good enough for jerking off anymore?
                            Uh no, that's strictly where I powder my nose, thank you very little.
                            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Meathead
                              • Jul 2002

the nfl told bradys lawyers they could go through and redact all personal items on the phone and only provide those relevant to the investigation. that of course would put the lawyers on the hook down the road if it went to court and it was discovered they had withheld items that were actually relevant

the point is, that would remove the objection of having personal information handed over bc that would not have happened. still refusing to comply with that reasonable request appears quite damning to claims of innocence

Comment

• sudzy
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                                "I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either."
                                So two guys were fired because they did nothing wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X