• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    I do have some sympathy for Brady not wanting to set a precedent by handing over his cell phone.

It is his phone and not his employers and that seems to be a huge invasion of privacy.
    I don't disagree, but there are other ways to go about that than to physically destroy your phone.

Comment

• sudzy
      • Apr 2013

I don't think this is about deflating balls anymore. This is about obstructing this investigation and he is undeniably guilty of that. He's been caught in a lie already. He claimed he didn't know 2 men that he texted quite a few times. Then he destroyed evidence (the phone) after he was aware that the investigators wanted to see it. Every things he's done looks like a man that's guilty. I'm sure even Shiva is not gullible enough to believe Brady is 100% innocent. He just can't pass up an opportunity to stir the pot.

Comment

• Discotrish
        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
        • Nov 2003

What I heard on the teevee today is that whatever Brady said in his discussion with the NFL over this, made his case worse, not better.

That he did "nothing wrong" is a true statement insofar as he doesn't consider having an equipment guy deflate the balls to be wrong.

Patti
        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Spartacus
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
          What I heard on the teevee today is that whatever Brady said in his discussion with the NFL over this, made his case worse, not better.

That he did "nothing wrong" is a true statement insofar as he doesn't consider having an equipment guy deflate the balls to be wrong.

Patti
          WOW! You heard it on the TEE VEE? Well, that seals it!
          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
            True dat.

Maybe there were rockin' hot nude photos of Gisele on that thing.

In which case, the phone needs to be reconstructed and analyzed in my bedroom!
            More likely there were nude photos of guys on that phone than of Gisele.

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

What does the NFL do when a player doesn't show up for a drug test? Or tampers with the sample or uses a masking agent? There is no physical evidence that player did any drugs. That player get penalized like he failed the drug test. This is the same thing. Brady tampered with evidence (phone) and lied.

Comment

• Victor7
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                What does the NFL do when a player doesn't show up for a drug test? Or tampers with the sample or uses a masking agent? There is no physical evidence that player did any drugs. That player get penalized like he failed the drug test. This is the same thing. Brady tampered with evidence (phone) and lied.
                This +10000

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                  the nfl told bradys lawyers they could go through and redact all personal items on the phone and only provide those relevant to the investigation. that of course would put the lawyers on the hook down the road if it went to court and it was discovered they had withheld items that were actually relevant

the point is, that would remove the objection of having personal information handed over bc that would not have happened. still refusing to comply with that reasonable request appears quite damning to claims of innocence
                  I don't think the NFL ever had any legal authority to force Brady to turn over his phone. I don't consider a business asking its employee to turn over a personal use phone to be a reasonable request.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    I don't think the NFL ever had any legal authority to force Brady to turn over his phone. I don't consider a business asking its employee to turn over a personal use phone to be a reasonable request.
                    Asking for EVIDENCE in an investigation is a reasonable request IMO.

And the NFL said they would be satisfied if Brady turned over the text messages in question, he was not asked to turn his entire phone over to the NFL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Asking for EVIDENCE in an investigation is a reasonable request IMO.

And the NFL said they would be satisfied if Brady turned over the text messages in question, he was not asked to turn his entire phone over to the NFL.
                      Disagree, and they don't have the legal authority to make that request either.

I think Brady completely screwed himself by not challenging the NFL on that in court. Now he'll likely be serving a punishment that he could of dealt with in a much better way.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

I AGREE.

Geez, just typing like that makes me feel ******ED.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Disagree, and they don't have the legal authority to make that request either.

I think Brady completely screwed himself by not challenging the NFL on that in court. Now he'll likely be serving a punishment that he could of dealt with in a much better way.
                          Not the first time you & I don't agree & I'm sure it won't be the last.

As I said before, if Brady had just admitted he wanted his footballs deflated, he most likely would have gotten off with a small fine.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            I AGREE.

Geez, just typing like that makes me feel ******ED.
                            Well, you finally feel the real you.

Comment

• sudzy
                              • Apr 2013

If they have reason to believe you have done something with you phone (like take photos of confidential info) and you refuse to let them see your phone, it could be grounds for dismissal. I've had to fabricate products for equipment which usually requires me to take pictures with my phone. Quite often I am required to let the customers view my phone before I leave. Never seemed unreasonable to me, but, I have nothing to hide.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                                If they have reason to believe you have done something with you phone (like take photos of confidential info) and you refuse to let them see your phone, it could be grounds for dismissal. I've had to fabricate products for equipment which usually requires me to take pictures with my phone. Quite often I am required to let the customers view my phone before I leave. Never seemed unreasonable to me, but, I have nothing to hide.
                                Sure, but that's the use of personal property for business purposes. That's not what occurred here.

Also there isn't really any relevancy to comparing what you do to do what Brady does. And you're using a fallacy by citing the nothing to hide angle. Since when does having something to hide or not suddenly give anybody the right to see your personal property?
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X