Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Sure, but that's the use of personal property for business purposes. That's not what occurred here.

Also there isn't really any relevancy to comparing what you do to do what Brady does. And you're using a fallacy by citing the nothing to hide angle. Since when does having something to hide or not suddenly give anybody the right to see your personal property?
    Again, the NFL did not ask for the entire phone, just the text's in question, EVIDENCE in an INVESTIGATION.

If I don't comply with what my bosses want in Fla, I can be FIRED, PERIOD.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,442 Times in 14,159 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Again, the NFL did not ask for the entire phone, just the text's in question, EVIDENCE in an INVESTIGATION.

If I don't comply with what my bosses want in Fla, I can be FIRED, PERIOD.
    Which I do not believe that had a legal right to. What happens to you in your situation is not comparable to Brady. Also that's a really ****ty situation to be in and I'm sorry if you have to deal with that.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Which I do not believe that had a legal right to. What happens to you in your situation is not comparable to Brady. Also that's a really ****ty situation to be in and I'm sorry if you have to deal with that.
    Fla is a "right to work" State.

It should be called a "right to fire" State.

An employer can fire ANYONE at ANYTIME for ANY reason they want. (Except age)

But it would have to be proved you were fired because of your age & not another reason.

But I digress, I still think the NFL has a legal right to ask for evidence in an investigation.
    Last edited by better days; 07-29-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Fla is a "right to work" State.

It should be called a "right to fire" State.

An employer can fire ANYONE at ANYTIME for ANY reason they want. (Except age)

But it would have to be proved you were fired because of your age & not another reason.

But I digress, I still think the NFL has a legal right to ask for evidence in an investigation.
    I haven't seen anything or anybody that has determined the NFL has that kind of legal authority but I'm not a lawyer. Maybe one of the ones who post here will chime in.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    True dat.

Maybe there were rockin' hot nude photos of Gisele on that thing.
    Gisele? More likely Woody and Welker.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,530 Times in 17,423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    In fairness to the NFLPA, David Doty's jurisdiction in Minnesota is specifically laid out in the CBA as where all their appeals go. I don't disagree that it makes little sense as to WHY that is, but I don't think there's any slime inherent to the decision.
    I'm not finding that in the CBA at all, could you point out where it is? Thanks in advance.

The only language I'm finding has nothing to do with discipline, and specifies the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, of which Minnesota is not included in it's territory.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think the NFL ever had any legal authority to force Brady to turn over his phone. I don't consider a business asking its employee to turn over a personal use phone to be a reasonable request.
    if something expensive had gone missing and you were one of very few employees to have access to it and they asked you to provide your phone messages in order to clear you or face termination would you do it? what if they told you they are going to prosecute whomever they think did it so if you want you can go thru and only submit the ones you think are relevant? that way you would only get in trouble if you actually were involved and withheld the relevant information that was to be found out later when they took legal action

its not a perfect example but they gave him plenty of easy ways to help himself and he declined. this isnt a legal case, yet, so those standards dont apply to the activities performed so far. he had a moral and professional obligation, which of course he can refuse but then the nfl can consider that obstruction and make the reasonable decision that they did to suspend him over it. now it will become legal, if he proceeds with the case, and that information will likely become part of record

if he really didnt do anything why wouldnt he let his lawyers just go thru his stuff and give the nfl what it wanted? seems stupid not to comply there even if he is guilty, they would only find out if the nfl decided to pursue legal action, but that would be mostly on his lawyers reputations at that point, which is why they wont do it. seems like hes either guilty or getting horrendously bad legal advice. i think we know which one it is

keep digging tommy. make that hole bigger and bigger. i hope he plays in game 2, i want to see the self immolation happen right before our eyes
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,931 Times in 13,283 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let me repeat.

Demanding Tommy's cell phone is bugging his phone AFTER THE FACT.

Sorry, but NO ONE gets to say "We think you've done something wrong but can't prove it, so we want to look through your phone conversations and texts for proof. And if you don't turn them over, we'll take that as an admission of guilt."

For goodness sake, this is POLICE STATE crap...

"If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear."

My tebya razdavim

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    WOW! You heard it on the TEE VEE? Well, that seals it!
    And where is it that you get your information?

11. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (07-30-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    if something expensive had gone missing and you were one of very few employees to have access to it and they asked you to provide your phone messages in order to clear you or face termination would you do it? what if they told you they are going to prosecute whomever they think did it so if you want you can go thru and only submit the ones you think are relevant? that way you would only get in trouble if you actually were involved and withheld the relevant information that was to be found out later when they took legal action

its not a perfect example but they gave him plenty of easy ways to help himself and he declined. this isnt a legal case, yet, so those standards dont apply to the activities performed so far. he had a moral and professional obligation, which of course he can refuse but then the nfl can consider that obstruction and make the reasonable decision that they did to suspend him over it. now it will become legal, if he proceeds with the case, and that information will likely become part of record

if he really didnt do anything why wouldnt he let his lawyers just go thru his stuff and give the nfl what it wanted? seems stupid not to comply there even if he is guilty, they would only find out if the nfl decided to pursue legal action, but that would be mostly on his lawyers reputations at that point, which is why they wont do it. seems like hes either guilty or getting horrendously bad legal advice. i think we know which one it is

keep digging tommy. make that hole bigger and bigger. i hope he plays in game 2, i want to see the self immolation happen right before our eyes
    Something expensive did not go missing. When you have to invent a scenario to come up with why the request was legitimate that should tell you all that you need to know about the request.

13. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He'll use the same method he used in the second half of the Colts game and the Superbowl.
    If he's so awesome than why deflate the balls in the first place?

If I stand on the line when I serve a tennis ball it gives me an advantage. In most cases I wouldn't get called out for it. When I mark my ball to fix my divot I certainly can move the ball an inch closer to the hole. It gives me an advantage and most likely I won't get caught. It's still cheating.

As Jim Kelly said this guy is one of the greatest to play the game. He didn't need to do what he did....but he did. Nixon was going to win the election without Watergate. Does that mean what he did was meaningless?

That's your logic and that's why your wrong.

15. Post thanked by:

Meathead (07-30-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    And where is it that you get your information?
    WBUR Boston
    WCVB Boston
    www.digboston.com
    www.bostonglobe.com
    www.boston.com
    www.bostonnewsgroup.com
    www.bostonherald.com
    www.facebook.com/tombrady

17. Post thanked by:

sudzy (07-30-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There was a great article yesterday in the Boston Globe basically lambasting its own fan base and said its time to give up the ghost. Called Brady a cheater.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    There was a great article yesterday in the Boston Globe basically lambasting its own fan base and said its time to give up the ghost. Called Brady a cheater.
    I'd like to read that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I'd like to read that.
    Here it is:

Deal with it — Tom Brady and the Patriots are cheaters:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...rMI/story.html

21. Post thanked by:

better days (07-30-2015),Joe Fo Sho (07-30-2015),Meathead (07-30-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let me repeat.

Demanding Tommy's cell phone is bugging his phone AFTER THE FACT.

Sorry, but NO ONE gets to say "We think you've done something wrong but can't prove it, so we want to look through your phone conversations and texts for proof. And if you don't turn them over, we'll take that as an admission of guilt."

For goodness sake, this is POLICE STATE crap...

"If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear."

Evidence is ALWAYS needed & asked for after the fact!

Before the fact, there was no need for evidence.

The NFL KNOWS Brady had texts about deflating footballs with the two equipment guys from their phones.

And the NFL does not want to see the slimy pictures of other guys Brady has on his phone or any other personal things, just the relevant text messages.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think the NFL ever had any legal authority to force Brady to turn over his phone. I don't consider a business asking its employee to turn over a personal use phone to be a reasonable request.
    in a world without contracts, you are right. but when you sign the contract to follow the rules, a grievance is issued, and investigation is underway to clear your name (if you are innocent) and put the matter to rest, it within their right to ask.

And you don't have to give it over.. you also don't have to destroy it.

if there was an investigation on me at work, and i was innocent, and they said, can you provide us the information which we think is the opposite side of these messages, i think i would comply. i wouldn't decide to take some random stand. i'm innocent and i got nothing to hide. so, here's my info.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Of *course* the NFL has the "legal right" to ask him what is on his phone. It's never illegal to ask someone to do something. What they don't have is the ability to inflict legal punishments if he doesn't.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch View Post
    Of *course* the NFL has the "legal right" to ask him what is on his phone. It's never illegal to ask someone to do something. What they don't have is the ability to inflict legal punishments if he doesn't.
    Well, we are not talking about a court of law here either (yet).

Brady broke the rules of the NFL, not any law on the books.

But Goodell & the NFL have the right to hold players responsible for their actions on the field & off if they want to remain employed by the NFL.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,931 Times in 13,283 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In just under two months, Brady and the Patriots are going to walk into the Ralph and kick the Bills' asses.

I don't want it to happen, I would rather beat the Patriots and Brady, but it ain't gonna happen.

Brady will get his injunction, he will play, the Pats will win and the courts will eventually overturn the suspension.

I can just hear the weeping and wailing and whining now.

It'll be epic.