Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1163/tom-brady

A Minnesota judge has transferred the NFLPA's Tom Brady lawsuit back to New York.

The NFLPA filed the suit in Minnesota in an effort to get Judge David Doty, who has historically sided with the Player's Association. U.S. District Judge Richard Kyle saw through that, kicking the case back to Manhattan where the NFL preemptively filed. "The Court sees little reason for this action to have been commenced in Minnesota at all," Kyle wrote. "Brady plays for a team in Massachusetts; the Union is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; the NFL is headquartered in New York; the arbitration proceedings took place in New York; and the award was issued in New York." It's a win for the NFL as the real legal battle gets going.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    In just under two months, Brady and the Patriots are going to walk into the Ralph and kick the Bills' asses.

I don't want it to happen, I would rather beat the Patriots and Brady, but it ain't gonna happen.

Brady will get his injunction, he will play, the Pats will win and the courts will eventually overturn the suspension.

I can just hear the weeping and wailing and whining now.

It'll be epic.
    Worst Bills fan ever.

3. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (07-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This whole thing has hurt the league as well as the Patriots. And it was from the league's standpoint a completely self inflicted wound, just one more example of Roger Goodell's utter incompetence. The whole thing went from a small thing, possible fine to the biggest sports story in years AFTER the league fed Chris Mortensen the false report that 11 of 12 NE footballs were 2 lbs underinflated. That leak is why this is still a hot topic and I really don't know why the league did that. If they had said nothing or even said the balls averaged less than half a pound under would it have been on the national news? No chance. Going forward I would rate the odds of an injunction at about 60/40 for, if so we'll be seeing Brady week 2. And if Brady gets the injunction the case itself will probably not get decided until the season is over. Just my take.

5. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (07-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Something expensive did not go missing. When you have to invent a scenario to come up with why the request was legitimate that should tell you all that you need to know about the request.
    well i figured you would say something like this

no offense but this is why i dont talk about things with you. i suppose this makes sense to you, but it is just nonsense to me. its a simple comparison, a scenario as you put it, to be used for comparative purposes. scenarios get invented all the time to compare things like this, to provide a similar example on a more personal level. but you turned it into something else that i dont even know what you are talking about

so its just a waste of time to try to have an exchange about it. i wanted to try again just to see if we had made any progress on an ability to communicate over the past ten years, but the answer is again no
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Worst Bills fan ever.
    He's actually a Browns fan, or used to be.

Fact.

Ask him.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Worst Bills fan ever.
    What makes you think Spartacus is a Bills fan?

There are a number of TROLLS on this board that are not Bills fans.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    What makes you think Spartacus is a Bills fan?

There are a number of TROLLS on this board that are not Bills fans.
    Said the blind homer. What there are is intelligent people that you can't keep up with here. The only one that trolls is you.

11. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Said the blind homer. What there are is intelligent people that you can't keep up with here. The only one that trolls is you.
    Which am I you IDIOT, a HOMER or a TROLL?

Unlike you, some of the Trolls on this board are intelligent.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    He's actually a Browns fan, or used to be.

Fact.

Ask him.
    Makes sense. I haven't seen him talk about anything on this forum other than Tom Brady, how terrible America is, and politics.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (07-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Which am I you IDIOT, a HOMER or a TROLL?

Unlike you, some of the Trolls on this board are intelligent.
    You wouldn't know intelligence if it punched you in the face.

16. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Shiva/Spartacus is just trolling everyone it's pretty transparent.

So far he has compared this to the war in Iraq and the Spanish Inquisition. He has claimed that the NFL used to embody what was great about America, but now it's all ruined. He has used 9/11 in his comparisons as well.

If you guys can't tell you are being baited and trolled hard I don't know what to tell you.

Obvious troll is obvious.

18. Post thanked by:

better days (07-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,457 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    in a world without contracts, you are right. but when you sign the contract to follow the rules, a grievance is issued, and investigation is underway to clear your name (if you are innocent) and put the matter to rest, it within their right to ask.

And you don't have to give it over.. you also don't have to destroy it.

if there was an investigation on me at work, and i was innocent, and they said, can you provide us the information which we think is the opposite side of these messages, i think i would comply. i wouldn't decide to take some random stand. i'm innocent and i got nothing to hide. so, here's my info.
    It's certainly within their right to ask, but that's not the question. The question is do they have the legal authority to do so?

My question isn't about Brady's guilt or innocence, because frankly I don't care. The nothing to hide argument is a fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch View Post
    Of *course* the NFL has the "legal right" to ask him what is on his phone. It's never illegal to ask someone to do something. What they don't have is the ability to inflict legal punishments if he doesn't.
    Fair point.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    well i figured you would say something like this

no offense but this is why i dont talk about things with you. i suppose this makes sense to you, but it is just nonsense to me. its a simple comparison, a scenario as you put it, to be used for comparative purposes. scenarios get invented all the time to compare things like this, to provide a similar example on a more personal level. but you turned it into something else that i dont even know what you are talking about

so its just a waste of time to try to have an exchange about it. i wanted to try again just to see if we had made any progress on an ability to communicate over the past ten years, but the answer is again no
    Uh-huh...do you think anybody puts anye stock into what you think of communication ability given your history on Bills board in the past?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Marsha will serve his suspension after the bills sweep them and knock them out of the playoffs right after the 11 week of regular season

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it's not a fallacy, draftboy. we are supposed to believe that tom brady is a legal scholar and didn't want to create a precendent. That's the obvious truth to an average person? Someone has accused him of somethingn against the rules and he's not only refused, but destroyed the phone. that's the act of a sane person? Ok. Maybe for something more significant that would be true, but for a deflated ball, he went that far? the obvious truth is that he's done a lot more and the phone would point that out.

this whole story is a result of tom brady's ego. if he could have accepted that he did what he did prior to the investigation, its a smack on the hand. it's a fine, it gets chalked up by most people as something everyone does, but he got caught. like the stickum on jerry rice's gloves. It happened, but it's not a big deal. His image maintained, story goes away. The offseason becomes stories like rex and the bills, chip kelly gutting his team, winston trying to stay on the straight and narrow, and the old, "hey the patriots won the superbowl, season is starting soon" articles. it's entirely forgotten and those of us who bring it up are in the fringe and ridiculous.

but he wanted to viewed as a choir boy despite the fact he is anything but. He left his baby mamma during her pregnancy. He whine anytime things don't go his way in games. He complains to the refs without any issues and then gets the calls he wants. but his ego demands that this fake facade where he is awww shucks and super great. he tries to portray that to be true in his interviews. n

But instead of doing the easy thing, there are a few million dollars in investigation money and then more money on an appeal, and a legal battle, guess what. His image is worse than it ever has been. all the other BS that was swept under the rug is starting to surface. and worse yet, the spygate stuff is starting to come back into focus. it's not conspiracy/angry opposing fans clamouring about it. it's national publications that are essentially astericking their past performance. every article notes spygate. people are looking at the stats and saying, "these are outrageous performance numbers of a bad coach in a previous life and QB who couldn't start on his college team."

They still have a chance to escape this with minimal damage. but this goes to court and more details are required, we might find out that deflation was the worst of their issues. and you'll have crushed the team and the fan base simply to try and pretend you aren't a jerk.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Typical, two of the biggest TROLLS on the board thank this post by the 3rd biggest TROLL on the board.

LMAO at ALL of you IDIOT TROLLS.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You wouldn't know intelligence if it punched you in the face.
    LMAO at the IDIOT TROLL.

I know an IDIOT TROLL when I see him post.

And I have been punched in the face before, but not by anyone of real intelligence.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    it's not a fallacy, draftboy. we are supposed to believe that tom brady is a legal scholar and didn't want to create a precendent.
    Yes it is, and who said you're supposed to believe that?

That's the obvious truth to an average person? Someone has accused him of somethingn against the rules and he's not only refused, but destroyed the phone. that's the act of a sane person? Ok. Maybe for something more significant that would be true, but for a deflated ball, he went that far? the obvious truth is that he's done a lot more and the phone would point that out.
    That's not the question we're talking about. I don't care about his innocence or guilt, the question is about the legal authority for the NFL to request that Brady turn over the phone. The idea that him having nothing or something to hide is irrelevant to the question I'm asking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He had it coming. The whole organization got off light on SpyGate and the owners finally had enough of their shenanigans to put the hammer down on Goodell going soft on his buddy Bilbo Kraft. At this point it's for the survival of the league and Brady got to be the scapegoat. Personally I think Belichick should go with him. Just the guy's behavior alone shows that he's not innocent and why people like Spartacus are defending him is beyond me. No we don't hate the Patriots because of their success because if that were true we'd hate every dynasty out there. We hate them because their success has been the result of deception with no one doing anything to bring them back within the rules. If Buffalo did it I would not be happy about it either.

28. Post thanked by:

Strongman (08-01-2015),trapezeus (07-30-2015)