• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

In a post made to his verified Facebook page Wednesday morning, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady says he is "very disappointed" that the NFL upheld his four-game suspension over the "Deflategate" scandal. "I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either."

Commissioner Roger Goodell, in affirming the suspension he handed down in May, said new information about the destruction of Brady's cell phone showed the four-time Super Bowl champion "sought to hide evidence of his own participation in the underlying scheme to alter the footballs."

The NFL Players Association said it would file an appeal, presumably in federal court, on Brady's behalf.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady criticized the National Football League for suspending him four games in the “Deflategate” scandal.

awesome

dig tommy, dig

i hope he does play in week two. the distraction will kill that team, all while hes killing his own reputation for all perpetuity
    Last edited by Meathead; 07-29-2015, 06:56 AM.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • Meathead
    • Jul 2002

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

actual photo of him assembling the tools for his defense

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

I know what will cheer Tommy boy up!

A fun ride down a waterslide!

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

no one did anything wrong? then why are two guys fired by the team?

the patriots need to find their voice on this topic and spin the lie only one way so its more believable.

Comment

• Meathead
          • Jul 2002

Tom Brady caught on video wearing Imperial Grand Wizard robes, smoking methamphetamine, and beating the homeless for their spare change. "I did nothing wrong."

Comment

• Spartacus
            • Mar 2003

Tommy's right and you, Roger Goodell and all the fans of 31 other teams that hate him are wrong.

The fact that the NFL has tried to pull a fast one by trying to go to court immediately on releasing the decision on the appeal shows they have no confidence in their own case and are trying to bluster and intimidate their way to saving their own sorry behinds.

They have also defacto admitted that the Wells report was trash by putting the emphasis for the decision on the destruction of the cell phone, an irrelevant issue. In law slang they're called fishing expeditions.

To any disinterested observer, the NFL's case is trash and the suspension will be overturned. The science doesn't hold up, the league and certain owners behavior stinks of collusion and conspiracy.

Goodell now obviously considers himself the embodiment of the NFL, and his credibility is the league's credibility, and is willing to try to trash the league's most famous player to save that credibility.

How's this for a scenario?

Brady gets an injunction permitting him to play and starts the court proceedings.

Brady's suspension is overturned in court.

Brady plays every game and the Pats win the Superbowl.

Then he takes the trophy from Goodell, punches him in the mouth and announces his retirement with a big "**** you!" to his haters.

I could definitely see that happening...

If you actually read Ted Wells' report with an open, disinterested mind, you more likely than not concluded Tom Brady and the New England Patriots conspired to do n…

eflategate science doesn't add up but neither does Brady's decision to destroy cellphone 0

John Kryk
            By John Kryk, Postmedia Network

First posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - If you actually read Ted Wells' report with an open, disinterested mind, you more likely than not concluded Tom Brady and the New England Patriots conspired to do nothing beyond smashing the living daylights out of the Indianapolis Colts on Jan. 18.

The more skeptical Deflate-gate disbelievers have charged that Wells led a prosecutorial investigation, whose asterisked findings were based on jerry-rigged science and disconcerting leaps to conclusion, so as to implicate the alleged football-deflating conspirators, led by Brady.

To me, the science is the most troubling element of the report.

Despite what commissioner Roger Goodell insisted in his 20-page appeal-denial Tuesday, the science in the Wells report really is thinner than a starved giraffe.

To believe it, even in its most indicting light, you have to believe the Patriots let out negligible amounts of air -- less than half a pound, in most cases -- from not all, but from just eight of the 11 footballs tested at halftime.

Specifically, Patriots balls on the most incriminating gauge measured 0.17, 0.22, 0.22, 0.37, 0.42, 0.47, 0.62 and 0.82 PSI short of the conditions-adjusted threshold of 11.32 to 11.52 PSI as determined by Wells' own engineering consultants.

Of the other three balls, two were within the acceptable range and one was above it. (On the other gauge, eight of the 11 Patriots balls were within or above the acceptable range).

...more...
            Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 07-29-2015, 07:38 AM.
            My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Meathead
              • Jul 2002

why again would the nfl railroad their own golden boy? i dont think ive ever seen that explained

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                why again would the nfl railroad their own golden boy? i dont think ive ever seen that explained
                Yeah Tommy is their golden boy & their cash cow. Seems counter-intuitive to impose a 4 game suspension if in fact he did "nothing wrong" as he claims.

If there's one thing I know about the NFL, cash is king.

I mean, hell, the NFL has become almost unbearable to watch the way it's cracked down on what the secondary can and can't do to WR's and has become so biased toward the passing game (to appease the fans and generate more scoring) and the way it doles out TV deals to stations that cram in as many commercial breaks as possible.

There's no conspiracy here. It is what it is.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Meathead
                  • Jul 2002

i really dont understand why the nfl would do that to him if they didnt really believe he is guilty. i hope shiva clarifies that, or maybe someone else if its already been discussed

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

i really dont understand why the nfl would do that to him if they didnt really believe he is guilty. i hope shiva clarifies that, or maybe someone else if its already been discussed
                    Ditto.

And as an aside, I seriously wouldn't watch the NFL anymore if the Bills ever ceased to exist. Which they won't (thanks Terry Pegula!).

But the NFL brand is just so lousy and watered down.

/rant of a crotchety old man who misses hard nosed 80s and 90s style football.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      Tommy's right and you, Roger Goodell and all the fans of 31 other teams that hate him are wrong.

The fact that the NFL has tried to pull a fast one by trying to go to court immediately on releasing the decision on the appeal shows they have no confidence in their own case and are trying to bluster and intimidate their way to saving their own sorry behinds.

They have also defacto admitted that the Wells report was trash by putting the emphasis for the decision on the destruction of the cell phone, an irrelevant issue. In law slang they're called fishing expeditions.

To any disinterested observer, the NFL's case is trash and the suspension will be overturned. The science doesn't hold up, the league and certain owners behavior stinks of collusion and conspiracy.

Goodell now obviously considers himself the embodiment of the NFL, and his credibility is the league's credibility, and is willing to try to trash the league's most famous player to save that credibility.

Brady gets an injunction permitting him to play and starts the court proceedings.

Then he takes the trophy from Goodell, punches him in the mouth and announces his retirement with a big "**** you!" to his haters.

If you actually read Ted Wells' report with an open, disinterested mind, you more likely than not concluded Tom Brady and the New England Patriots conspired to do n…

eflategate science doesn't add up but neither does Brady's decision to destroy cellphone 0

John Kryk
                      By John Kryk, Postmedia Network

First posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - If you actually read Ted Wells' report with an open, disinterested mind, you more likely than not concluded Tom Brady and the New England Patriots conspired to do nothing beyond smashing the living daylights out of the Indianapolis Colts on Jan. 18.

The more skeptical Deflate-gate disbelievers have charged that Wells led a prosecutorial investigation, whose asterisked findings were based on jerry-rigged science and disconcerting leaps to conclusion, so as to implicate the alleged football-deflating conspirators, led by Brady.

To me, the science is the most troubling element of the report.

Despite what commissioner Roger Goodell insisted in his 20-page appeal-denial Tuesday, the science in the Wells report really is thinner than a starved giraffe.

To believe it, even in its most indicting light, you have to believe the Patriots let out negligible amounts of air -- less than half a pound, in most cases -- from not all, but from just eight of the 11 footballs tested at halftime.

Specifically, Patriots balls on the most incriminating gauge measured 0.17, 0.22, 0.22, 0.37, 0.42, 0.47, 0.62 and 0.82 PSI short of the conditions-adjusted threshold of 11.32 to 11.52 PSI as determined by Wells' own engineering consultants.

Of the other three balls, two were within the acceptable range and one was above it. (On the other gauge, eight of the 11 Patriots balls were within or above the acceptable range).

...more...
                      Science doesn't matter anymore. All that the courts are going to determine is whether or not the league has the right to punish Brady the way they did. No one cares anymore whether or not he did it, because it's so obvious that he did.

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Oh, please.

If that was the case, on the day after the Indy game, Goodell would have said it was the NFL's fault for having no or ineffective protocols for the balls and they would be changed so these suspicions, which had no chance of being verified, would never again be an issue.

Case closed.

But no, they made it a huge issue because Irsay and the Baltimore owner and Woody Johnson were pressing him, so now we have the SINGLE BIGGEST EMBARRASSMENT EVER for the NFL.

For what?

Do I need to remind you again who trounced Indy in the second half? Do I need to remind you who the Superbowl winner and MVP was?

This whole thing is COMPLETE HORSE**** and only floats on hatred. Just another example of self righteous Americans causing immense amounts of damage fighting for virtue.
                        Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 07-29-2015, 08:14 AM.
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

But no, they made it a huge issue because Irsay and the Baltimore owner and Woody Johnson were pressing him, so now we have the SINGLE BIGGEST EMBARRASSMENT EVER for the Tom Brady.
                          There ya go.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                            • Nov 2012

America!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I do too. Question is, what kind of new way to cheat will he use to git er done?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X