Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Tommy's right and you, Roger Goodell and all the fans of 31 other teams that hate him are wrong.

The fact that the NFL has tried to pull a fast one by trying to go to court immediately on releasing the decision on the appeal shows they have no confidence in their own case and are trying to bluster and intimidate their way to saving their own sorry behinds.

They have also defacto admitted that the Wells report was trash by putting the emphasis for the decision on the destruction of the cell phone, an irrelevant issue. In law slang they're called fishing expeditions.

To any disinterested observer, the NFL's case is trash and the suspension will be overturned. The science doesn't hold up, the league and certain owners behavior stinks of collusion and conspiracy.

Goodell now obviously considers himself the embodiment of the NFL, and his credibility is the league's credibility, and is willing to try to trash the league's most famous player to save that credibility.

How's this for a scenario?

Brady gets an injunction permitting him to play and starts the court proceedings.

Brady's suspension is overturned in court.

Brady plays every game and the Pats win the Superbowl.

Then he takes the trophy from Goodell, punches him in the mouth and announces his retirement with a big "**** you!" to his haters.

I could definitely see that happening...

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/28...troy-cellphone

eflategate science doesn't add up but neither does Brady's decision to destroy cellphone 0

John Kryk
    By John Kryk, Postmedia Network

First posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - If you actually read Ted Wells' report with an open, disinterested mind, you more likely than not concluded Tom Brady and the New England Patriots conspired to do nothing beyond smashing the living daylights out of the Indianapolis Colts on Jan. 18.

The more skeptical Deflate-gate disbelievers have charged that Wells led a prosecutorial investigation, whose asterisked findings were based on jerry-rigged science and disconcerting leaps to conclusion, so as to implicate the alleged football-deflating conspirators, led by Brady.

To me, the science is the most troubling element of the report.

Despite what commissioner Roger Goodell insisted in his 20-page appeal-denial Tuesday, the science in the Wells report really is thinner than a starved giraffe.

To believe it, even in its most indicting light, you have to believe the Patriots let out negligible amounts of air -- less than half a pound, in most cases -- from not all, but from just eight of the 11 footballs tested at halftime.

Specifically, Patriots balls on the most incriminating gauge measured 0.17, 0.22, 0.22, 0.37, 0.42, 0.47, 0.62 and 0.82 PSI short of the conditions-adjusted threshold of 11.32 to 11.52 PSI as determined by Wells' own engineering consultants.

Of the other three balls, two were within the acceptable range and one was above it. (On the other gauge, eight of the 11 Patriots balls were within or above the acceptable range).

...more...
    Going to court only shows the NFL is SMART.

They want to get this matter resolved quickly & in a court of their choosing, not a court that will act favorably towards Brady.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,295 Times in 8,955 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Going to court only shows the NFL is SMART.

They want to get this matter resolved quickly & in a court of their choosing, not a court that will act favorably towards Brady.
    Smart move by the NFL to act first so Brady's defense can't slap an injunction on the NFL's ruling -- which they'd be unlikely to accomplish anyway.

The legal aspects of this that I've read indicate Brady's chances of winning an injunction in federal court are poor at best, given the new CBA deal and the destruction of his cell phone aka evidence.

Brady's just gotta bite the bullet on this one.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,902 Times in 13,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Two guys on the team were suspended for their actions. Why did that happen if they did nothign wrong then Tommy ??
    No one on the team was suspended. The two locker room have been told to take a seat by the organi2ation, NOT the NFL, until the issue is resolved. They are still being paid and no one has admitted any sort of guilt.

God, arguing this issue is pointless.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No one on the team was suspended. The two locker room have been told to take a seat by the organi2ation, NOT the NFL, until the issue is resolved. They are still being paid and no one has admitted any sort of guilt.

I never said the league suspended them. I said they were suspended. I know the Pats did it. Call it what you want but they can't work. Don't care if their checks are still being mailed to them. The fact is they are separated (even of temporarily) from the team for a reason. If they were 100% innocent there no reason to do this. Keep working as if nothing happened. Which is exactly what the Pats claim.

5. Post thanked by:

better days (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,875 Times in 911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And yet you continue to do it.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

7. Post thanked by:

better days (07-29-2015),trapezeus (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the NFL has more evidence they haven't released yet and will do so in court if need be. They don't want to tarnish the legacy of Tom unless they HAVE to. They had to do something since the entire football community, to include fans, are up in arms with the Patriots cheating scandals throughout the years, hence the 4 game suspension.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

At this point, it really is as simple as this: Both the Patriots and Brady himself did not cooperate with the league investigation. Period. The league is therefore punishing them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The fact that the NFL has tried to pull a fast one by trying to go to court immediately on releasing the decision on the appeal shows they have no confidence in their own case and are trying to bluster and intimidate their way to saving their own sorry behinds.

[/B]
    ...more...
    The league didn't pull a "fast one" ....they filed a writ to have any future legal proceedings heard in the same juristriction. A maneuver used many times in court cases. This keeps the union from asking the proceedings from being heard in Minnesota where Judge Doty has shown he tends to favor the players union.

Also, who pays people to do nothing? 2 guys suspended with pay. The team suspended them not the league. Just doesn't hold water

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

NFL: we are thinking about your appeal.
    Tom: i destroyed my phone when i realized you were asking for the details.
    NFL: really, you destroyed the very phone that could have easily proved your innocence?...you know what, now that you can't prove you are innocent and we can prove you tampered with the footballs, let's go to court and see how a judge feels about some one destroying evidence in an ongoing investigation.

Let's make this about you spending money against us and see if its worth it to you.

Bottom line, he is guilty and his ego that we all knew was a huge issue for him is making this worse on a daily basis.

I hope OJ's ghost writer can change some of the langue to "if i did it" for Brady.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Which is worse behavior? The NFL trying to get future legal proceedings heard, I dunno, in the same jurisdiction as the NFL league offices? Or players deliberately taking their cases to a jurisdiction where the league doesn't have it's offices, the team isn't from, and no one involved lives? This is a move by the NFL to prevent the slime of the player.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch View Post
    Which is worse behavior? The NFL trying to get future legal proceedings heard, I dunno, in the same jurisdiction as the NFL league offices? Or players deliberately taking their cases to a jurisdiction where the league doesn't have it's offices, the team isn't from, and no one involved lives? This is a move by the NFL to prevent the slime of the player.
    In fairness to the NFLPA, David Doty's jurisdiction in Minnesota is specifically laid out in the CBA as where all their appeals go. I don't disagree that it makes little sense as to WHY that is, but I don't think there's any slime inherent to the decision.

14. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In that case, I stand corrected.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

they made it a huge issue because Irsay and the Baltimore owner and Woody Johnson were pressing him, so now we have the SINGLE BIGGEST EMBARRASSMENT EVER for the NFL.
    did i read that right? youre saying goodell is railroading tommy bc some of the other owners want him to? if so that makes no sense whatsoever. what would he/the nfl get out of that? it would be a massively huge risk for what kind of reward? can you image what would happen to the nfl if that ever was exposed, which seems likely if its just a frame job

i must not be understanding you bc this is a horrible explanation. nobody in their right mind would ever ever try to do that as commissioner unless they were stark raving insane. so please, honestly, if i have missed the rationale please try to restate it for me
    Last edited by Meathead; 07-29-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

and why do ppl keep bringing up the colts game? what difference does it make if they won by a thousand or lost by a thousand? does anyone actually believe they only would do it for that one game? does anyone actually believe its total coincidence that the cheaters fumble statistics plunged at exactly the same time as brady/manning convinced the league to let them break in and use AND CONTROL their own balls in the game when on offense?

i cant wait for the fumble stats to come rolling in this season when the nfl is controlling the balls and monitoring psi now. the cheaters stats are going to immediately (in one season) go back to being right in line with the rest of the league. thats going to be as much a smoking gun as you could have. that entire organization should be severely punished if/when that happens. they wont but we will all know what was going on, at least those of us that dont already know

18. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Even Tom Brady's teammate Devin McCourty refused to say Brady didn't cheat when pressed on that by the media.

All he would say is Tom is family & you stand by your family no matter what.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,902 Times in 13,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

http://news.yahoo.com/brady-nfl-defl...QDBHNlYwNzYw--

Brady blasts NFL 'Deflategate' suspension, denies wrongdoing
    Reuters By Steve Ginsburg
    2 hours ago

(Reuters) - New England Patriots football star Tom Brady denied on Wednesday he had destroyed his cell phone to avoid giving it to NFL investigators, saying the flap was "manufactured" to distract from "zero evidence" against him in the "Deflategate" scandal.

Brady issued his statement a day after National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell upheld a four-game suspension of the quarterback for his part in an alleged scheme to deflate footballs below league standards in the game that put the Patriots in the 2015 Super Bowl.

...and...

Patriots owner Robert Kraft threw his support behind his player, considered one of the NFL's all-time greats.

"I was wrong to put my faith in the league," Kraft said in blasting Goodell for upholding the suspension. "I continue to believe and unequivocally support Tom Brady."

...and...

Kraft said on Wednesday he regretted accepting the "harshest penalty in history of NFL" when he chose not to appeal a $1 million fine imposed on the team for its alleged role in the scandal. Goodell also ordered the club to surrender two draft choices, including the team's coveted No. 1 pick next year.

"I truly believe what I did in May, given the actual evidence of the situation and the league’s history on discipline matters, would make it much easier for the league to exonerate Tom Brady," Kraft said. "Unfortunately, I was wrong."

...more...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    NFL: we are thinking about your appeal.
    Tom: i destroyed my phone when i realized you were asking for the details.
    NFL: really, you destroyed the very phone that could have easily proved your innocence?...you know what, now that you can't prove you are innocent and we can prove you tampered with the footballs, let's go to court and see how a judge feels about some one destroying evidence in an ongoing investigation.

Let's make this about you spending money against us and see if its worth it to you.

Bottom line, he is guilty and his ego that we all knew was a huge issue for him is making this worse on a daily basis.

I hope OJ's ghost writer can change some of the langue to "if i did it" for Brady.
    Brady covered that at the time of the Super Bowl.

He did not say "I am not a CHEATER."

He said "I don't believe I am a CHEATER."

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"I truly believe what I did in May, given the actual evidence of the situation and the league’s history on discipline matters, would make it much easier for the league to exonerate Tom Brady," Kraft said. "Unfortunately, I was wrong."
    So Kraft is basically saying that he thought he could pay off the NFL with $1 million to get Brady exonerated. What a class act.

Besides, it's tough for the NFL to exonerate someone when they're so obviously guilty.

23. Post thanked by:

better days (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    In fairness to the NFLPA, David Doty's jurisdiction in Minnesota is specifically laid out in the CBA as where all their appeals go. I don't disagree that it makes little sense as to WHY that is, but I don't think there's any slime inherent to the decision.
    It is also laid out in the CBA that Goodell has the right to administer punishment & hear all appeals.

SpikedLemonade

I do have some sympathy for Brady not wanting to set a precedent by handing over his cell phone.

It is his phone and not his employers and that seems to be a huge invasion of privacy.