Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

I truly hope that he wins and does not get suspended. I want to face the Patriots with both teams at full strength.

2. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer View Post
    I truly hope that he wins and does not get suspended. I want to face the Patriots with both teams at full strength.
    We will face the CHEATERS at full strength the 2nd game in any case unless Brady gets injured.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I couldn't care less about playing them at full strength. The Pats have faced us many times when we weren't at full strength and splattered us across the field.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

5. Post thanked by:

better days (08-04-2015),BuffaloRedleg (08-04-2015),OpIv37 (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    We will face the CHEATERS at full strength the 2nd game in any case unless Brady gets injured.
    Everyone keeps giving them **** for cheating, I say good for them. They just keep cheating, and the NFL just keeps letting them get away with it. Until the NFL gets serious about stopping it, I'd keep cheating my ass off if it's going to lead to more Super Bowls.

7. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus Christ...Brady's camp continues to fumble this entire ordeal. Now it's being treated as breaking news that Tom Brady was never warned he would be punished for not turning over his cell phone.

Which would be a huge development, except Tom Brady was not suspended for not turning over his phone.

How many different ways can this douchebag squander a public feud with Roger ****ing Goodell? It's fascinating stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

FWIW...

I don't ever convict anyone based on media reports of any kind. Every "journalist" has a personal agenda. I can only make a judgement based on facts, which are generally elusive.

I'm in California, and have a guy on my hockey team who went to High School with TB. He has no allegiance to neither the Bills or the Pats. In a casual conversation un-solicited, he goes on a tirade about Brady being a lying, deceitful, arrogant, cheating A-hole of the first degree.

He has no doubt that not only the allegations are true, but suggests that they were TB's idea in the first place.

So, there's that.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

so many lessons all over the place on this one
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The transcript is terrible. He is lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not me!

He's too good.

I'll take the path of least resistance every time. We ain't talkin' proud no more. We're talkin' MAKE THE ****ING PLAYOFFS AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE I DIE.

A Brady-less Pats makes that more likely.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

they've been beyond full strength all these years with the cheating. why are we pretending like they aren't the team that pushes the envelop well beyond the line?

The ravens had them finished and then they pulled illegal plays out and made a game of it. that's not full strength. that is having an edge that no other team has.

15. Post thanked by:

better days (08-05-2015),Strongman (08-05-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    they've been beyond full strength all these years with the cheating. why are we pretending like they aren't the team that pushes the envelop well beyond the line?

The ravens had them finished and then they pulled illegal plays out and made a game of it. that's not full strength. that is having an edge that no other team has.
    Those plays weren't illegal, any other team could have run them.

The only problem was that a player declared himself ineligible without giving the defense enough time to adjust. That problem is on the refs, they needed to delay the snap of the ball to allow the defense time. That's not the Pats fault.

I hate NE as much as anyone, but I can't fault them for that. I'm with you on everything else though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Those plays weren't illegal, any other team could have run them.

The only problem was that a player declared himself ineligible without giving the defense enough time to adjust. That problem is on the refs, they needed to delay the snap of the ball to allow the defense time. That's not the Pats fault.

I hate NE as much as anyone, but I can't fault them for that. I'm with you on everything else though.
    I agree the refs did were to blame for not giving the Ravens enough time to adjust.

But the CHEATERS expect the refs to help them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post

Again, until the NFL gets serious about putting a stop to it, I hope they keep cheating... I would.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it'll be interesting to see how the nfl officials treat the pats this year. it would be an absolute pleasure to watch brady cry to the refs and get flagged for it in a hostile road game. instead of the epitome of favored pats treatment (the jerry hughes celebrating a 4th and 1 stop with his own guy and getting a 15 yard penalty for hitting his own teammates helmet).

They have gotten so many of these little momentum turners over the years. if that stops, and there is no tuck rule, no ravens inelligible play, no phantom late hit penalties, the pats aren't that good.

20. Post thanked by:

better days (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Jesus Christ...Brady's camp continues to fumble this entire ordeal. Now it's being treated as breaking news that Tom Brady was never warned he would be punished for not turning over his cell phone.

Which would be a huge development, except Tom Brady was not suspended for not turning over his phone.

How many different ways can this douchebag squander a public feud with Roger ****ing Goodell? It's fascinating stuff.
    Well it's pretty much the reason Goodell cited for denying the appeal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Well it's pretty much the reason Goodell cited for denying the appeal.
    Sure, but there's a pretty significant difference when it comes to the appeals process. You can't just win an appeal automatically. You need something in your corner that can convince the person overseeing it.

Goodell didn't uphold the punishment out of SPITE for Brady not having his phone. He did it because without the phone Brady had no new evidence to provide for his defense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sure, but there's a pretty significant difference when it comes to the appeals process. You can't just win an appeal automatically. You need something in your corner that can convince the person overseeing it.

Goodell didn't uphold the punishment out of SPITE for Brady not having his phone. He did it because without the phone Brady had no new evidence to provide for his defense.
    I don't think so. There was a general consensus before the appeal was heard that the punishment would be lowered, some thought 2 games, others 1 game. The fact is suspension appeals almost always lower the initial punishments, that's a fact whether there's new evidence or not. Sometimes it's done by the league, sometimes by an independent arbiter. Nobody thought 4 games would stand. Goodell basically said he was keeping it at 4 because Brady destroyed the phone. In effect, he punished him for that.

As far as not having new evidence for his defense, in this country it's pretty unusual for a defendant to have to prove he didn't do something, it's like being asked to prove a negative. But Brady did try. He said he didn't do it under oath (that's different than just telling Ted Wells), he said he never texted any of the employees about PSI (and the league has their phones to corroborate that) and he cited the couple independent reviews of the Wells report that basically said the science component was junk. In the end the league has some suspicions something happened but very little proof and really none that Brady was involved. If the league holds to it's guns and demands more than 1 game and/or demands Brady admit wrongdoing Brady will not accept it. And in that case the court will probably throw the whole thing out and require a third party arbiter hear it. I don't believe as some have suggested the court will make any ruling about the facts of what did or didn't happen. This court case is about due process, Goodell being judge and jury. I'm not a lawyer, don't even play one on TV but I think the league is on shaky ground on that front.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    The fact is suspension appeals almost always lower the initial punishments, that's a fact whether there's new evidence or not.
    What's your source on this?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What's your source on this?
    I follow football. Rothlisberger, Bountygate, Ray Rice. Petersen, Hardy, there's probably more that have been reduced