Thread: DAY 2 Summary and takeaways....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DAY 2 Summary and takeaways....

Followed all reporters and watched NFL Network for recap of Day 2:

1) LeSean McCoy is the real deal. He's a men among boys out there.

2) Rex admitted that Sentreal might have been put in the dog house for motivation. Rex said he's looking great and it will be big competition at RT. Great news!

3) Miller bruised his right ankle. Cyril Richardson came in and played well.

4) Incognito is very involved in the power run game. Williams and Dareus mentioned he's bringing a lot of leadership and short cut tips to the oline.

5) Watkins looks terrific. Goodwin and Hogan dropping balls. Goodwin can beat the coverage but can't catch a ball.

6) Leodis might be done for good part of season. Ryan said he suffered setback and was on a scooter.

7) All three QBs struggled again with Tyrod having the best throw of the day for the second day in a row. Apparently in drills vs. air it was embarrassing. Pegula and Ryan were watching 7 on 7 intensely between Cassel and EJ. EJ did not take advantage of working with 1st team.

2. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-01-2015),elltrain22 (08-01-2015),Mace (08-01-2015),Skooby (08-02-2015),sudzy (08-01-2015),The last buffalo fan (08-01-2015),YardRat (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: DAY 2 Summary and takeaways....

In addition Darby playing well.

4. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-01-2015),The last buffalo fan (08-01-2015),YardRat (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If McKelvin is going to miss time, I'd rather see Graham starting than Darby...unless of course the kid is the 'real deal' right out of the gate.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

6. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    If McKelvin is going to miss time, I'd rather see Graham starting than Darby...unless of course the kid is the 'real deal' right out of the gate.
    You know - that is one decision I trust Rex Ryan to make correctly.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    You know - that is one decision I trust Rex Ryan to make correctly.
    Why?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Why?
    Probably because he knows defense. And also he has two of the best DB coaches around on his staff in Henderson, and our DC, Thurman. I reckon between the three of them, they might be able to tell.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why?
    What Buddo said. I'm not very high on Ryan as a head coach. I had a chance to watch him (more) closely when he coached the Jets b/c of where I live. Not a fan of his pompous style. He is a solid defensive mind however. I know he'll always have the right personnel on the field for the DBs at all times.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My concern about Tyrod is his size if he wins the starting QB job.

I have heard him described as having the size & build of a slot WR rather than an NFL QB.

The question is can he hold up over a period of time to the hitting an NFL starter, especially a running NFL starter would take.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I posted in another thread that RT is the position battle I am most excited to see.

I think the Bills will have a much improved OL from last year & it will be much better than the pessimists thought it would be.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why?
    From a skill standpoint Darby is a superior athlete who was considered a great man cover guy coming out of FSU. Most reports talked about how he could run step for step with some of the best WR's in the country. His big issue, and why he fell, was because he struggled to locate the ball and make the play. If the Bills can teach him that, which is what was taught to McKelvin, then he is the ideal guy to play outside over Graham.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

15. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-02-2015),The last buffalo fan (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buddo View Post
    Probably because he knows defense. And also he has two of the best DB coaches around on his staff in Henderson, and our DC, Thurman. I reckon between the three of them, they might be able to tell.
    What Buddo said. I'm not very high on Ryan as a head coach. I had a chance to watch him (more) closely when he coached the Jets b/c of where I live. Not a fan of his pompous style. He is a solid defensive mind however. I know he'll always have the right personnel on the field for the DBs at all times.
    Rex's failing on defense has long picking and developing the right DBs. When he's handed a Pro Bowl talent already developed (Cromartie, Revis, McAllister, Reed), then he can run with it, but he has a very poor track record of developing them himself. So I won't give him the benefit of the doubt there. Hopefully Thurman and Henderson make that call.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rex's failing on defense has long picking and developing the right DBs. When he's handed a Pro Bowl talent already developed (Cromartie, Revis, McAllister, Reed), then he can run with it, but he has a very poor track record of developing them himself. So I won't give him the benefit of the doubt there. Hopefully Thurman and Henderson make that call.
    I don't know that Rex was ever a DB Coach himself, so you may be right that he can't develop them, but Thurman & Henderson can.

I do believe Rex knows talent when he sees it & I have no doubt that with input from his Coaches, Rex will choose the right players for all positions.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think you're projecting a little bit here. Picking? Yes. And we don't know how much of a hand he actually had in those picks. As far as developing I think he's just fine. No one could have developed those failed picks. I think you may see my point with Darby.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think you're projecting a little bit here. Picking? Yes. And we don't know how much of a hand he actually had in those picks. As far as developing I think he's just fine. No one could have developed those failed picks. I think you may see my point with Darby.
    He was the DC in Baltimore and the HC in New York, the team isn't throwing out picks on defense without his input. Certainly not first rounders, which they used on DBs twice to little result.

I do like how you deflected the responsibility off him, but are willing to let him keep the credit if it pans out.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    From a skill standpoint Darby is a superior athlete who was considered a great man cover guy coming out of FSU. Most reports talked about how he could run step for step with some of the best WR's in the country. His big issue, and why he fell, was because he struggled to locate the ball and make the play. If the Bills can teach him that, which is what was taught to McKelvin, then he is the ideal guy to play outside over Graham.
    This is absolutely the case, great way to write it up.