Thread: Sullivan : McCoy not getting it right now

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sullivan : McCoy not getting it right now

But as long as he continues to make outrageous statements, the media will pay attention and ask for elaboration. That’s how the world works nowadays.
    http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07...-it-right-now/

I'm not big on McCoy, but he was entertainingly artful in "getting it", demonstrated by his comments. My thought is that if an athlete elaborates with some wit, Sullivan feels the need to make outrageous statements, feeding the process he claims to despise to set up his "McCoy is being mean to me and I am just a reporter" column later in the season as an indicator of why this team cannot succeed whether they are or not, which he won't pay attention to because Shady is mean to him in the press room for "telling it like it is."

2. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015),BillsImpossible (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sullivan : McCoy not getting it right now

Sully's a big ****ing douchebag, but I wish Shady would just STFU and focus on football.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

4. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015),BillsImpossible (08-02-2015),Ingtar33 (08-02-2015),Mace (08-01-2015),Meathead (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bah, usual 'mountains out of molehills' stuff, when there's nothing better to write about. You can tell how much it mattered by a comment from Ryan at the end of his PC on Friday. The only reason he was pissed, was because he never got an invite.
    Sully was probably of the same mindset, except Ryan doesn't worry about crap like that, whereas Sully has an outlet to ***** and moan about it, without of course, owning up to the fact he never got invited.

The media goes on and on about how highly strung some players are, while all the time ignoring how precious they can be themselves.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015),Mace (08-02-2015),Zoneblitser (08-02-2015)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If McCoy goes out and has a good year, then everything else is moot.

These guys are all hookers. I'm paying big $$ in season tickets for them to pleasure me...only in a different way.

8. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not happy with shady's overall attitude since trade, but I thought he took accountability and dealt with the issue of the invite fine.

Is it possible when you give your mea culpa and rodak and sully keep pressing on, you'd lose your cool a bit? I would. Those two think they know everything. Rodak usually just links to other stories and sully is beyond a miserable bastard.

I used to like sully and thought he got too much flak for being a curmodgeonly bastard. But he is against any risk taking to be better. And if the team still sucks, he's still upset.

Like i said, shady needs to perform on field, but I think sully is out of line until there is an actual story

10. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015),Mace (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So Peterson, Rice, Brady et al should be excused and their suspensions lifted because their transgressions against children, women and the integrity of the game are 'moot' as long as they have a good year and entertain the fans?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    So Peterson, Rice, Brady et al should be excused and their suspensions lifted because their transgressions against children, women and the integrity of the game are 'moot' as long as they have a good year and entertain the fans?
    Has McCoy done anything of that magnitude? C'mon. I can't really care much about this. Should he shut up? Sure. But until he hits a kid or a woman or deflates footballs on gameday, I just don't care. This is where a good head coach sits down his star and has a talk with him about being quiet.

13. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Has McCoy done anything of that magnitude? C'mon. I can't really care much about this. Should he shut up? Sure. But until he hits a kid or a woman or deflates footballs on gameday, I just don't care. This is where a good head coach sits down his star and has a talk with him about being quiet.
    No, but NT's post was too open-ended to ignore. 'These guys' transgressions are not moot, and performance on the field is not the only thing that matters.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No, but NT's post was too open-ended to ignore. 'These guys' transgressions are not moot, and performance on the field is not the only thing that matters.
    It's up to the teams and NFL to take action against these guys.

If you are emotionally invested in how they conduct themselves off the field, then I feel sorry for you. Most have been coddled since youth leagues and don't have the maturity to act well, especially with $$. Your expectations are unrealistic. Everyone wants them to behave like boy scouts. In todays " Look at me ! " twitter world, it's impossible.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    It's up to the teams and NFL to take action against these guys.

If you are emotionally invested in how they conduct themselves off the field, then I feel sorry for you. Most have been coddled since youth leagues and don't have the maturity to act well, especially with $$. Your expectations are unrealistic. Everyone wants them to behave like boy scouts. In todays " Look at me ! " twitter world, it's impossible.
    Not impossible, but difficult for sure.

Take EJ Manuel & Jameis Winston for example.

I posted before that EJ is the type of person you want to root for, Jameis not so much.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sully is the worst poc reporter there is. He makes his living on the outrageous rants and the reaction from the readers. The best way to make him go away is to stop talking about his articles. As the saying goes, don't feed the trolls.

18. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sully's a big ****ing douchebag, but I wish Shady would just STFU and focus on football.
    It was the offseason.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07...-it-right-now/

I'm not big on McCoy, but he was entertainingly artful in "getting it", demonstrated by his comments. My thought is that if an athlete elaborates with some wit, Sullivan feels the need to make outrageous statements, feeding the process he claims to despise to set up his "McCoy is being mean to me and I am just a reporter" column later in the season as an indicator of why this team cannot succeed whether they are or not, which he won't pay attention to because Shady is mean to him in the press room for "telling it like it is."
    I think the "it" might be a note on McCoy's ability to work with the media. As it's obvious from his comments about Chip Kelly and his non orgy thing that he has a lot to learn when talking with the press but at the end of the day I don't care. As he's one helluva football player and that's all I am asking for out of my players.

21. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-02-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I think the "it" might be a note on McCoy's ability to work with the media. As it's obvious from his comments about Chip Kelly and his non orgy thing that he has a lot to learn when talking with the press but at the end of the day I don't care. As he's one helluva football player and that's all I am asking for out of my players.
    Could well be, but McCoy really displayed excellent media skills (direct, thoughtful, mature, amusing) in his considered, comfortable interaction with the media that Sullivan refers to. I was even kind of surprised by it and I am in the "McCoy is immature and self absorbed" camp. He wasn't immature and self absorbed though.

Sort of struck me as one of those pre-written articles Sullivan already had his mind made up on where he had to stuff the details into it without caring they didn't fit his point.

Would have been a valid general article a week ago before McCoy spoke to the media.