Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day 3: EJ Manuel Has Another Bad Practice At Training Camp

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Day 3: EJ Manuel Has Another Bad Practice At Training Camp

nothing is becoming clear yet. not even close

i realize we have nothing else to talk about but really we wont know anything until after the second preseason game at the very earliest. and even then its almost a complete illusion anyway

they have no choice but to make a decision on the qb starter based on the fake games but its a very poor way to evaluate. game planning and opponent preparation makes all the difference, as we see every season after joe nobody looks great in fake games but blows when the bullets are real, and vice versa

i still think ej is the logical choice to be given the first shot at it, but any of the three could end up starting game one. if its not ej i hope its tyrod. cassel just isnt good and is best as an insurance policy in case the other two actually are hot garbage
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The best part about this is the evolution of the fans waking up about EJ. Realistically I should go bump all the threads from when he was drafted that I posted in trying to explain to people that it was completely asinine to think this kid was ever going to be a good QB let alone a franchise one.

Nearly 3 years later he's bout to flame out of the league and his replacement at FSU, Winston, proved that EJ was actually holding the team and offense back from its full potential

3. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (08-03-2015),Slick (08-04-2015)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    The best part about this is the evolution of the fans waking up about EJ. Realistically I should go bump all the threads from when he was drafted that I posted in trying to explain to people that it was completely asinine to think this kid was ever going to be a good QB let alone a franchise one.

Nearly 3 years later he's bout to flame out of the league and his replacement at FSU, Winston, proved that EJ was actually holding the team and offense back from its full potential
    Hello? Are you really OpIv? Sounds like all you're interested in is being right and "I told you so".

5. Post thanked by:

better days (08-03-2015),djjimkelly (08-04-2015),justasportsfan (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    nothing is becoming clear yet. not even close

i still think ej is the logical choice to be given the first shot at it, but any of the three could end up starting game one. if its not ej i hope its tyrod. cassel just isnt good and is best as an insurance policy in case the other two actually are hot garbage
    Maybe you can explain to me how EJ is the logical choice? Missing throws and fumbling snaps is nobody's fault but his. I'd love Cassel no to be our best option but these other guys aren't the answer.

For the record, other than his rookie season, Tyrod had to fight just to keep the backup gig in Baltimore. EJ was so bad last pre-season that he couldn't even move the ball. The problem here is that everyone wants to have this optimism that we haven't seen the entire picture on either one of these guys...truth is we have.

7. Post thanked by:

Slick (08-04-2015),sudzy (08-03-2015),WagonCircler (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,941 Times in 3,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post

wow good for you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Maybe you can explain to me how EJ is the logical choice? Missing throws and fumbling snaps is nobody's fault but his. I'd love Cassel no to be our best option but these other guys aren't the answer.

For the record, other than his rookie season, Tyrod had to fight just to keep the backup gig in Baltimore. EJ was so bad last pre-season that he couldn't even move the ball. The problem here is that everyone wants to have this optimism that we haven't seen the entire picture on either one of these guys...truth is we have.
    So, what competition has Tyrod had to fight off to keep his back up job in Baltimore?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ive explained it a million times

practice and preseason games mean close to nothing, you cant tell how a player will do until the games are real. coaches have no choice but to evaluate and make cutdown decisions based on them but its a highly error prone process. the smart coaches wait until they see actual game production over a period of time before making long term determinations on whether to keep a guy on the team or not, especially highly drafted ones, and especially qbs

ejs career start pretty much matches 95% of first round quarterbacks: up and down with progress being painfully slow. hes had tough breaks and lots of bad coaching decisions around him. this is the year those excuses wont hold up anymore, but we wont know if hes turned the corner or not until he gets a handful of real games under his belt. theyve invested a lot in him and they need to get an answer on whether or not hes made the classic year three qb jump and the only way to do that will be to let him play

any fan that thinks they know now whether he will be viable long term is deluding themselves. you are dramatically overemphasizing every little thing and its only four days into camp! youve got a whole new offensive system, new players all over the place, and 3 qb sharing first team reps. of course its going to be ugly for a while

unless one of these guys blows everybody away in preseason, highly unlikely, the logical choice is to give ej the first starting shot. i seriously doubt anybody is going to emerge as clearly better than the others, so i still expect ej to be the game one starter

11. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bb.com pretty much said that EJ had his best day today. Doesn't say a whole lot because his other days have been subpar. But maybe he is getting his rythym. Tyrod Taylor had a couple nice touchdown passes as well. Didn't say anything about Cassel.
    Jeremy Cupp

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFanCupp38 View Post
    Bb.com pretty much said that EJ had his best day today. Doesn't say a whole lot because his other days have been subpar. But maybe he is getting his rythym. Tyrod Taylor had a couple nice touchdown passes as well. Didn't say anything about Cassel.
    Joe Buscalgia said EJ had the best day 2.

So 2 days out of 4, EJ was the best QB.

Still a long way to go before anyone is named starter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Joe Buscalgia said EJ had the best day 2.

So 2 days out of 4, EJ was the best QB.

Still a long way to go before anyone is named starter.
    yeah ive read from several places that monday night EJ looked rather good. and whats real funny i come to the bills zone and NOT 1 POST about the qbs once EJ looks decent to good. but im sure if he was crap on monday night 10 threads.

i truly dont care who the qb is at this point. however if taylor looks great say it if taylor looks **** say it same with EJ and cassel.

but i guess thats what some need. the sky is falling everyday

15. Post thanked by:

Meathead (08-04-2015),Topas (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Hello? Are you really OpIv? Sounds like all you're interested in is being right and "I told you so".
    He is right. And anyone who really watched those Manuel FSU teams already knew that.

18. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rejoice, EJ rebounded from an ugly start and put together a nice string of plays.

He found Sammy Watkins deep down the left sideline for a touchdown, and then in red zone work, had a would-be touchdown negated by a MarQueis Gray drop, and then found Marcus Easley for a touchdown from about 10 yards out. The final few throws were the type of performance the Bills want to see from him, but to this point it’s been too few scattered. Consistency is the key.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-b...rvations-day-4

It ain't the type of **** that's gonna make you "shout" but it's a start, I guess.

Baby steps...
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

20. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (08-04-2015),Meathead (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

@KevinMassare
    EJ Manuel has been great today. Sharp and has waited for his read. Nice find with Chris Gragg.

@haprusak: EJ with a nice pass to Marquise Goodwin in the corner of the end zone. @WGRZ http://t.co/BFtugHyRNd

Dave Thompson @BuildingROC
    Goodwin runs down a deep ball from EJ during passing drills #Bills pic.twitter.com/YSjz18H21f

@ChrisTrapasso
    Back to back great catches by R Woods & M Goodwin on perfect go routes passes by EJ Manuel & Matt Cassel for TDs. Then Dez Lewis drops TD.

‏@ChrisTrapasso
    Easily EJ's best practice. The #Bills QB "rankings" tonight were IMO - 1. EJ Manuel 2. Tyrod Taylor ..... 3. Matt Cassel

props to protocol69 at bbi for putting these together

22. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Manuel is the best QB currently on the roster, it's that simple. Going by what we currently have to work with, he's our best chance at a future.

24. Post thanked by:

better days (08-04-2015),djjimkelly (08-05-2015),TacklingDummy (08-05-2015),Yasgur's Farm (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

as cautiously hopeful as i have been about ej, even im not ready to say that. its possible tyrod could emerge as the best, though i not counting on that. ej appears to have the most potential but he has to do it first and certainly he has to do it this year. we wont know until they actually play real games so its most likely going to be him that gets first crack at it. cassel is never going to be anything more than insurance if the other two end up sucking chefs salty chocolate balls

dont even want to think about what the bills are going to have to give up to get somebody decent in here if all three fail this season, but they will have to. so keep your fingers crossed one of these guys surprises

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    He is right. And anyone who really watched those Manuel FSU teams already knew that.
    You mean the people that watched EJ win every bowl game he played for the Noles?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    You mean the people that watched EJ win every bowl game he played for the Noles?
    Already been through this. Go ahead list those bowl teams EJ beat.

I like EJ, and I want him to be good, but he just can't play qb in the NFL. He doesn't have the instincts or accuracy to win in the league.

28. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Already been through this. Go ahead list those bowl teams EJ beat.

I like EJ, and I want him to be good, but he just can't play qb in the NFL. He doesn't have the instincts or accuracy to win in the league.
    You should get a job with the Bills as the GM.

To KNOW EJ can't play QB in the NFL after 14 starts while Rex & Whaley don't know that, the Bills could use your expertise.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I knew he couldn't do it when he was drafted,
    If you want to dig up old threads I said the one qb we do not want to draft was EJ.
    Then of course we draft him.
    Go ahead start digging.

31. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-04-2015),TacklingDummy (08-05-2015)