• BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Day 3: EJ Manuel Has Another Bad Practice At Training Camp

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

Matt Simms is having a better day than EJ Manuel thus far. #Bills

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel is not having a banner practice this morning. He's off. #Bills

Vic Carucci ✔ @viccarucci

EJ Manuel's first pass in team period badly underthrown for Chris Gragg. #Bills

Mike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak

EJ Manuel holds the ball on his first pass in 11-on-11s with first team. Would-be sack. Crowd groans. Then overthrows Hogan next play.

Vic Carucci ✔ @viccarucci

EJ Manuel's ball-handling issues continue. Just dropped a shotgun snap. Fumbled 2 snaps on Day 1. #Bills

Tyler Dunne ✔ @TyDunne

An EJ Manuel misfire vs. Air. Local chimes in, "Come on EJ, get it together."

Mike Rodak
    ✔ @mikerodak

Better showing from QBs today in routes vs. air but a pair of overthrows by EJ Manuel on deep balls. Andre Reed instructing him to arc ball.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports

It is three days in a row for first-team reps for Matt Cassel. It's him and Tyrod today. At least in this team O session. Interesting.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports

So, unless something changes in next few minutes, looks like EJ got 1 day with 1st unit. Normal rotation would suggest he gets 2 days in row

After 3 days of practice, EJ continues to be EJ. Now he's getting his reps cut, spending less time with the first team offense.

I think it's safe to say that the Bills quarterback competition is now between Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor.
    Last edited by BillsImpossible; 08-02-2015, 10:23 AM.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Day 3: EJ Manuel Has Another Bad Practice At Training Camp

Noticed you selectively removed the tweets regarding EJ's TD pass to Gragg. At least attempt to present a fair argument.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

cancel the season
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Noticed you selectively removed the tweets regarding EJ's TD pass to Gragg. At least attempt to present a fair argument.
        I'm talking about his entire body of work today, not one nice pass.

EJ has already been demoted. If the, "rotation," held true, he would have spent the majority of the day with the first team.

That was not the case, as Sal Capaccio pointed out.

Cassel and Taylor got the majority of first team reps this morning, even though the rotation said it was EJ's turn to play with the 1's.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

"Day 3: EJ Manuel Has Another Bad Practice At Training Camp"

So what?

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            I'm talking about his entire body of work today, not one nice pass.

EJ has already been demoted. If the, "rotation," held true, he would have spent the majority of the day with the first team.

That was not the case, as Sal Capaccio pointed out.

Cassel and Taylor got the majority of first team reps this morning, even though the rotation said it was EJ's turn to play with the 1's.
            I'm not saying he had a good day, I'm saying you're intentionally leaving things out.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

I'm not saying he had a good day, I'm saying you're intentionally leaving things out.
              Everyone wants to see progress in EJ Manuel. Unfortunately, that is not happening. If he was showing any signs of progress, I would be the first to post about it!

After 3 days of training camp, he's been bad. So bad that Matt Simms is getting more reps any 4th string quarterback should ever see.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Everyone wants to see progress in EJ Manuel. Unfortunately, that is not happening. If he was showing any signs of progress, I would be the first to post about it!

After 3 days of training camp, he's been bad. So bad that Matt Simms is getting more reps any 4th string quarterback should ever see.
                Once again I'm not saying Manuel is going well or progressing at all. I'm saying you're leaving things out on purpose to fit your own personal agenda.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Manuel's terrible, but it's only day #3. New coaches. New players. New scheme.

He's playing one of the hardest positions in all of sports. They all look bad for a reason. It's only day #3.

And you posted TWEETS (or parts of TWEETS) that were already posted.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

Once again I'm not saying Manuel is going well or progressing at all. I'm saying you're leaving things out on purpose to fit your own personal agenda.
                    My own personal agenda? Huh?

What am I supposed to do? Say that EJ Manuel had 1 really nice throw today, but he sucked too?

Manuel is going to get cut and Matt Simms is going to be the Bills 3rd QB.

Sorry to be so blunt, but all of my hope for EJ Manuel is gone after 3 days of training camp.

A 7 yard pass to Chris Gragg isn't relevant to the conversation.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Defense is usually a step ahead of the offense this time of year. And in our case, with the talent on our defense, probably many steps ahead of the offense.

Still, very discouraging reports on EJ.

I want to see improvement. There's plenty of reps to be had. I hope he can pick up steam, but it's gonna be a long uphill climb.

We need a competent QB in the worst way. I'd hate to see the rest of the talent on this team go to waste because of one position.
                      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        Manuel's terrible, but it's only day #3. New coaches. New players. New scheme.
                        New coaches, new players, new scheme.

For Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel, and Matt Simms, yes.

For EJ Manuel? Not exactly, he should have the advantage over every other QB because he has played with Watkins, Wood, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Gragg, Jackson, Brown, Dixon, Henderson, Glenn, Richardson, and a lot of other players on offense.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

My own personal agenda? Huh?

What am I supposed to do? Say that EJ Manuel had 1 really nice throw today, but he sucked too?

Manuel is going to get cut and Matt Simms is going to be the Bills 3rd QB.

Sorry to be so blunt, but all of my hope for EJ Manuel is gone after 3 days of training camp.

A 7 yard pass to Chris Gragg isn't relevant to the conversation.
                          The truth would be a good start.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

New coaches, new players, new scheme.

For Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel, and Matt Simms, yes.

For EJ Manuel? Not exactly, he should have the advantage over every other QB because he has played with Watkins, Wood, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Gragg, Jackson, Brown, Dixon, Henderson, Glenn, Richardson, and a lot of other players on offense.
                            He also has the most pressure on him of the guys to perform and maybe it's in his head. Sad he hasn't stepped up yet but I'm holding off judgement until we see these guys in game situations.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

For all those that missed last years pre-season games, EJ was straight-up awful when he played. Then the regular season began and it became abundently clear after 1 month of ineptness that the team needed to move on. Maybe you guys like EJ or whatever but we need to fill his space with someone that might actually play back-up QB for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X