Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kromer Suspended 6 Games

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Kromer Suspended 6 Games

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    He wasn't going to see jail time for a misdemeanor, with no prior history. But the payoff to the kid might have been a wash WRT to the legal fees he avoided.
    I don't know it quite works out that way with every Florida judge who gets a celebrity (sort of, though certainly some of them), but I think he paid to save his job and career and it seems to have worked, costing him 6 games instead of career, which still looks like money well spent in his case, if so.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (08-05-2015),Topas (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Please, please someone go to training camp and wave a beach chair in the stands with a sign that says "Hey Kromer, hope you don't mind I borrowed your beach chair!"

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-03-2015),trapezeus (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Please, please someone go to training camp and wave a beach chair in the stands with a sign that says "Hey Kromer, hope you don't mind I borrowed your beach chair!"
    Then ask him to sign it.

6. Post thanked by:

EDS (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well, the Bills and the NFL can say he deserved the suspension. Remember, the Bills and NFL also investigated and evidently concluded it was worth 6 games. Evidently also, because you don't hear anything about Kromer fighting it, he appears to think it was worth 6 games and is taking his medicine, knowing better as well.

If the Bills, the NFL & Kromer are fine with a 6 game suspension, all of them evidently know he deserved it, imho.
    or he doesn't, and his family and loved ones have broken this down for him. You made a gaff with cutler that made you a toxic person to hire. and then this was your second strike. you fight the bills on this, it's strike 3 and you are out of the NFL. So try and make peace with no matter how wrong you think it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    or he doesn't, and his family and loved ones have broken this down for him. You made a gaff with cutler that made you a toxic person to hire. and then this was your second strike. you fight the bills on this, it's strike 3 and you are out of the NFL. So try and make peace with no matter how wrong you think it is.
    Well, maybe, I don't really know. But he should have been smart enough to realize that on that night when he went down to argue with teenagers about beach chairs. All he had to do was call the police if it was such a big deal ? And your typical police do not want to go through the hassle of paperwork and arrest and try and make peace in a circumstance like a guy being upset about kids on his beach chairs fishing in the night. Give them a talking to, send them home if next door, let the guy get his chairs, go back to the diner or driving around.

If innocent, the circumstances will speak for themselves in court. If questionable even, it becomes obvious over an adult confronting teens over beach chairs late at night, when the police are involved, doesn't it ? Why didn't he call the police and wait for them ? What was so important about his beach chairs late at night ? Why couldn't he open the door and yell "Shut up, put the chairs back or I'm calling the cops", or film it on his cellphone and show the cops, or go right to their parents to catch them in the act since they were neighbors ?

Because with his sound adult judgement he thought it was wise to he-man it with his son for backup. You don't want to look bad in front of the boy or family when you're an o-line coach who has previously delivered weeping apologies to bewildered football teams ?

Maybe, I dunno. You'd sort of expect a pro coach to act with a better sense of maturity if he's got a grip on himself though wouldn't you ?