Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kromer Suspended 6 Games

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kromer Suspended 6 Games

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-games-of-2015

The Buffalo Bills suspended offensive line coach Aaron Kromer for the first six games of 2015 season, the team announced Sunday.

The Bills were investigating into the arrest of Kromer for allegedly punching a teenage boy last month. He had been placed on an indefinite paid leave.

The team released the following statement:

"Over the past several weeks the Bills organization has gathered information regarding the incident involving offensive line coach Aaron Kromer.

"We worked in conjunction with the NFL on this matter and we are highly supportive of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy that holds all NFL and club employees to a higher standard.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,081 Times in 3,565 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Kromer Suspended 6 Games

And Greg Hardy did infinitely worse and got just 4 games without pay. No prior history and a misdemeanor that was dropped and he gets 6 games?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    And Greg Hardy did infinitely worse and got just 4 games without pay. No prior history and a misdemeanor that was dropped and he gets 6 games?
    I think it's pretty harsh as well.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This was a punishment by the Bills, not by the league. I think the Bills chose to send a harsher punishment.

Also, Hardy had to sit out most of a contract year (though he was paid) and his suspension was only cut from 10 to 4 games after an appeal.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

5. Post thanked by:

kishoph (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    This was a punishment by the Bills, not by the league. I think the Bills chose to send a harsher punishment.

Also, Hardy had to sit out most of a contract year (though he was paid) and his suspension was only cut from 10 to 4 games after an appeal.
    No the league was involved.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    No the league was involved.
    The league was involved, but the article says the punishment came from the Bills.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,488 Times in 9,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This isn't a player, it's a coach who socked a minor and paid his way out of it. After Cutler last year, he's lucky to have a job. Try and repeat the words, "this is a coach", like a supervisor to your immature players.

He's lucky to keep his job and the harsh Bills suspension likely will keep the NFL from acting.

2 strikes for a 48 year old coach who appears to be unwinding awful quick closing on 50.
    Last edited by Mace; 08-02-2015 at 09:55 PM.

9. Post thanked by:

better days (08-02-2015),Meathead (08-02-2015),Mouldsie (08-07-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

very reasonable imo

act like the white guys, kromer
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    This isn't a player, it's a coach who socked a minor and paid his way out of it. After Cutler last year, he's lucky to have a job. Try and repeat the words, "this is a coach", like a supervisor to your immature players.

He's lucky to keep his job and the harsh Bills suspension likely will keep the NFL from acting.

2 strikes for a 48 year old coach who appears to be unwinding awful quick closing on 50.
    As was said before, the Bills acted in Concert with the NFL to hand down the punishment so it would be very surprising to see the NFL add anything more.

Kromer is on double secret probation & anymore screw ups will most likely end his career as an NFL Coach.

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can he coach during the preseason and during the preparation for weeks 1-6 and just not during gameday? Or is he gone til the end of October from the team?
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 30,518 Times in 17,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I believe he's allowed to participate in camp and preseason.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 7,270 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's lucky he still has a job.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont know. In the interweb times there is such a quick rush to judgment. I would like to know more details what happened. Did he pay the parents millions because he pushed their kids like crazy. Or did he push them and he preferred to have that resolved quickly. Such a big difference.

How can anyone say he deserved that suspension when it is not clear what happened. And in my book it is ok to give kids who steal chairs at night some "education".

And with regard to the Cutler thing. I dont know the details, but calling out Cutler is a positive in my book.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag College View Post
    Can he coach during the preseason and during the preparation for weeks 1-6 and just not during gameday? Or is he gone til the end of October from the team?
    Yes Kromer can Coach in preseason.

His suspension does not start until Sept 7.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This was a tactful move by the Bills. They get to keep him on during the most important time of the year.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

18. Post thanked by:

better days (08-03-2015),trapezeus (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 625 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    This was a tactful move by the Bills. They get to keep him on during the most important time of the year.
    Exactly.

I was actually a little surprised he wasn't released. Comparing punishments 20 year old players have received is laughable. He's a coach and should be held to a way higher standard. If your 48 year old leaders can't refrain from beating up kids, how can they expect the players to?
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

20. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    I dont know. In the interweb times there is such a quick rush to judgment. I would like to know more details what happened. Did he pay the parents millions because he pushed their kids like crazy. Or did he push them and he preferred to have that resolved quickly. Such a big difference.

How can anyone say he deserved that suspension when it is not clear what happened. And in my book it is ok to give kids who steal chairs at night some "education".
    Well, the Bills and the NFL can say he deserved the suspension. Remember, the Bills and NFL also investigated and evidently concluded it was worth 6 games. Evidently also, because you don't hear anything about Kromer fighting it, he appears to think it was worth 6 games and is taking his medicine, knowing better as well.

If the Bills, the NFL & Kromer are fine with a 6 game suspension, all of them evidently know he deserved it, imho.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, the Bills and the NFL can say he deserved the suspension. Remember, the Bills and NFL also investigated and evidently concluded it was worth 6 games. Evidently also, because you don't hear anything about Kromer fighting it, he appears to think it was worth 6 games and is taking his medicine, knowing better as well.

If the Bills, the NFL & Kromer are fine with a 6 game suspension, all of them evidently know he deserved it, imho.
    Kromer was never going to fight the suspension because he'd get fired. 5/8ths of a salary is better than 0/8.

And it appears, according to the recent update in the PCP, that Kromer got the maximum penalty for a first time violator. I hope he didn't pay that kid much money because it didn't help.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hope he didn't pay that kid much money because it didn't help.
    Well, he didn't get convicted for socking a kid, or lose his job for socking a kid, so it looks like something helped him keep away from 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none), and it was probably money well spent for his circumstances by what I can see.

Not real sure what you think it didn't help besides not getting convicted of socking a kid, getting 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none if you get convicted for socking a kid).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, he didn't get convicted for socking a kid, or lose his job for socking a kid, so it looks like something helped him keep away from 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none), and it was probably money well spent for his circumstances by what I can see.

Not real sure what you think it didn't help besides not getting convicted of socking a kid, getting 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none if you get convicted for socking a kid).
    He wasn't going to see jail time for a misdemeanor, with no prior history. But the payoff to the kid might have been a wash WRT to the legal fees he avoided.