• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Kromer Suspended 6 Games

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The Buffalo Bills suspended offensive line coach Aaron Kromer for the first six games of 2015 season, the team announced Sunday.

The Bills were investigating into the arrest of Kromer for allegedly punching a teenage boy last month. He had been placed on an indefinite paid leave.

The team released the following statement:

"Over the past several weeks the Bills organization has gathered information regarding the incident involving offensive line coach Aaron Kromer.

"We worked in conjunction with the NFL on this matter and we are highly supportive of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy that holds all NFL and club employees to a higher standard.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Kromer Suspended 6 Games

And Greg Hardy did infinitely worse and got just 4 games without pay. No prior history and a misdemeanor that was dropped and he gets 6 games?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
      And Greg Hardy did infinitely worse and got just 4 games without pay. No prior history and a misdemeanor that was dropped and he gets 6 games?
      I think it's pretty harsh as well.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

This was a punishment by the Bills, not by the league. I think the Bills chose to send a harsher punishment.

Also, Hardy had to sit out most of a contract year (though he was paid) and his suspension was only cut from 10 to 4 games after an appeal.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          This was a punishment by the Bills, not by the league. I think the Bills chose to send a harsher punishment.

Also, Hardy had to sit out most of a contract year (though he was paid) and his suspension was only cut from 10 to 4 games after an appeal.
          No the league was involved.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
            No the league was involved.
            The league was involved, but the article says the punishment came from the Bills.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

This isn't a player, it's a coach who socked a minor and paid his way out of it. After Cutler last year, he's lucky to have a job. Try and repeat the words, "this is a coach", like a supervisor to your immature players.

He's lucky to keep his job and the harsh Bills suspension likely will keep the NFL from acting.

2 strikes for a 48 year old coach who appears to be unwinding awful quick closing on 50.
              Last edited by Mace; 08-02-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

very reasonable imo

act like the white guys, kromer
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  This isn't a player, it's a coach who socked a minor and paid his way out of it. After Cutler last year, he's lucky to have a job. Try and repeat the words, "this is a coach", like a supervisor to your immature players.

He's lucky to keep his job and the harsh Bills suspension likely will keep the NFL from acting.

2 strikes for a 48 year old coach who appears to be unwinding awful quick closing on 50.
                  As was said before, the Bills acted in Concert with the NFL to hand down the punishment so it would be very surprising to see the NFL add anything more.

Kromer is on double secret probation & anymore screw ups will most likely end his career as an NFL Coach.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                    • Oct 2002

Can he coach during the preseason and during the preparation for weeks 1-6 and just not during gameday? Or is he gone til the end of October from the team?
                    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I believe he's allowed to participate in camp and preseason.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

He's lucky he still has a job.

Comment

• Topas
                          German smartass
                          • Feb 2014

I dont know. In the interweb times there is such a quick rush to judgment. I would like to know more details what happened. Did he pay the parents millions because he pushed their kids like crazy. Or did he push them and he preferred to have that resolved quickly. Such a big difference.

How can anyone say he deserved that suspension when it is not clear what happened. And in my book it is ok to give kids who steal chairs at night some "education".

And with regard to the Cutler thing. I dont know the details, but calling out Cutler is a positive in my book.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                            Can he coach during the preseason and during the preparation for weeks 1-6 and just not during gameday? Or is he gone til the end of October from the team?
                            Yes Kromer can Coach in preseason.

His suspension does not start until Sept 7.

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

This was a tactful move by the Bills. They get to keep him on during the most important time of the year.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X