• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: La'el Collins

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Hard to believe 32 teams passed on someone of his high character.
    Yeah we only pick up high character guys like IK, Harvin, Incognito, and Kromer.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Flutie should have started versus the Titans.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
        Flutie should have started versus the Titans.
        Flutie should have held onto the ball the previous year against Miami. But I know it was someone elses fault he fumbled the ball with the game on the line.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
          People need to learn to let go.
          Umm. No. Whenever I read Whaley speak in "I", "me" etc... He takes a lot of credit for his "aggressive" nature. He messed up that one badly.

He reached for Kuoandijo. Hasn't worked out yet.

Didn't pull the trigger on Collins in the draft, then sent Rex down there to wine & dine him ASAP (the Bills were the first to do so) and couldn't get him.

It's non-buyers remorse.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            Umm. No. Whenever I read Whaley speak in "I", "me" etc... He takes a lot of credit for his "aggressive" nature. He messed up that one badly.

He reached for Kuoandijo. Hasn't worked out yet.

Didn't pull the trigger on Collins in the draft, then sent Rex down there to wine & dine him ASAP (the Bills were the first to do so) and couldn't get him.

It's non-buyers remorse.
            If people want to hold Collins against Whaley for some bizarre reason (as has been pointed out numerous times, all GM's passed on him the entire draft), fine, hold it against him. But why are people tracking how he's doing in Dallas? Let it go.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

The consolation prize is that John Miller looked great tonight, going against starters. In fact the entire OL looked good, and that was with Urbik starting for Incognito. Just wait until he gets back.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Any Collins-lovers/Bills OL bashers want to comment on John Miller? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  Any Collins-lovers/Bills OL bashers want to comment on John Miller? Anyone? Bueller?
                  Terrific....that's what I have to say. He's really the best pick we've had in a while.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                    Terrific....that's what I have to say. He's really the best pick we've had in a while.
                    The OL did great and again without Incognito. I'd actually like to see Urbik compete with Wood at C. I think he could give him a run, if not supplant him.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

I know Dallas is using him as a guard right now, but Collins is a tackle. The only possible spot for him there was left guard. They already have two good tackles.

Questions have surfaced after Dallas Cowboys rookie lineman La'el Collins started OTA's at right tackle instead of left guard. Where will he play this year?

Again, I still think Whaley whiffed big-time in not taking Collins in the 7th, but unlike others here, I am kind of looking forward to see how the current personnel plays under Kromer/Roman this season. And I'd agree that yesterday didn't look too bad. Or, at the very least, Bryce Brown was running better than he did last year.

I suspect the turnaround might be somewhat dramatic. Hopeful of that anyway. That would be an indictment on Hackett, which would surprise no one.
                      Last edited by swiper; 08-15-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

I know Dallas is using him as a guard right now, but Collins is a tackle. The only possible spot for him there was left guard. They already have two good tackles.

Questions have surfaced after Dallas Cowboys rookie lineman La'el Collins started OTA's at right tackle instead of left guard. Where will he play this year?

Again, I still think Whaley whiffed big-time in not taking Collins in the 7th, but unlike others here, I am kind of looking forward to see how the current personnel plays under Kromer/Roman this season. And I'd agree that yesterday didn't look too bad. Or, at the very least, Bryce Brown was running better than he did last year.

I suspect the turnaround might be somewhat dramatic. Hopeful of that anyway. That would be an indictment on Hackett, which would surprise no one.
                        Again, every GM whiffed on him (assuming he's worth anything, which we still don't know). Even Dallas, who was able to make amends and sign him because that's where he wanted to be.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Those GMs passed because it wasn't clear where he was in that investigation. He claimed he didn't do anything. Far be it for anyone to believe him. Players coming out of college don't get to "pick" where they land.

If Whaley is so "forward thinking" as he claims he is, he should have taken him. And then not shamelessly sent Ryan down there so fast to try and nab him.
                          Last edited by swiper; 08-15-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Those GMs passed because it wasn't clear where he was in that investigation. He claimed he didn't do anything. Far be it for anyone to believe him. Players coming out of college don't get to "pick" where they land.

If Whaley is so "forward thinking" as he claims he is, he should have taken him. And then not shamelessly sent Ryan down there so fast to try and nab him.
                            It was a combo of the investigation and his agent saying he'd sit out the year if drafted outside the top rounds. And considering Dorial Green-Beckham sat out the 2014 season and still got drafted in the 2nd round, it was a real threat. Which is why everyone passed on him in the draft, but desperately wanted to sign him afterwards. Sure it would have been nice if Whaley drafted him in the 7th, he signed, and eventually became something, but none of that has happened (we'll have to wait on the "became something" part).

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
                              Guess what if you want to go back to some of our old drafts (Like the Maybin one) there are some great players that we could have gotten but didn't.

Get over it, the player that you wanted went somewhere else. Do I wish we had taken him? Sure, but its over now.

Just like I said in the Petty thread, listening to how well other players are doing has no effect on the bills. It doesnt matter, it wont change anything with the team we have now. Just move on
                              I agree. If I am going to lust after a player I can't have, I would rather lust after Aaron Rodgers than La'el Collins.

Comment

• Swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
                                I agree. If I am going to lust after a player I can't have, I would rather lust after Aaron Rodgers than La'el Collins.
                                Tom Donahoe traded away the opportunity to take Rodgers so he could get JP Losman. It's another example of waiting until the last minute and trying to draft a QB out of desperation. Like Whaley did with Manuel.

So much of the "other" roster appears to be set this year, 2016 would be an ideal time to take a QB in the top half of the draft to groom slowly.

Comment

Working...
                                X