• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: OL

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
    I'd still take Evan Mathis
    I would rather have Incognito than Mathis.

Richie is younger & cheaper & a mauler which Mathis is not.

The Bills don't need to waste money or cap space on an old expensive finesse Guard.

Comment

• Mouldsie
      • Aug 2012

Put on the tape of Incognito's last 8 games in the NFL and Mathis' last 8 and say that again with a straight face.

But hell, that's fine if you like the delta bravo, let Incognito battle Wood for the Center job.

Incognito was a tire fire his last year before dismissal. Mathis is a top 5 guard in the league with plenty of power. Just because he's athletic doesn't mean he can't push guys around

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
        Put on the tape of Incognito's last 8 games in the NFL and Mathis' last 8 and say that again with a straight face.

But hell, that's fine if you like the delta bravo, let Incognito battle Wood for the Center job.

Incognito was a tire fire his last year before dismissal. Mathis is a top 5 guard in the league with plenty of power. Just because he's athletic doesn't mean he can't push guys around
        That's because he had to compensate for Jon Martin to his left.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

they got PWNED by Pettine......maybe the OL was practicing vanilla

Tyrod Taylor, who will start Thursday's preseason game, took nine snaps with the first-team offense and was sacked four times. Three of his other plays were runs, one was a completion to Woods on a short route and another was an attempt to Marquise Goodwin that was broken up by Browns cornerback Tramon Williams.

When Taylor saw three reps with the second team at the end of practice, he underthrew Dezmin Lewis for an incompletion, handed off to Bronson Hill and was sacked again.

Manuel was also sacked once in nine reps with the second-team offense and one-hopped a pass to Lewis at one point.

The problems with the Browns' blitz-heavy scheme extended to Cassel's 11 snaps with the first team. He was sacked three times and had two other passes broken up by Williams.

The Bills also committed three false start penalties and were called for a delay of game.
          The Buffalo Bills' wide receivers, mainly Robert Woods and Andre Davis, owned the Cleveland Browns' DBs during the teams' joint practice Monday.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
            My thoughts; I remember arguing with Opiv before the draft about the OL.

I said the OL would be much better than last year, Op disagreed.
            And I still don't see how Miller, Incognito and coaching are supposed to be enough to fix the train wreck of an OL that we had last year.

Admittedly they looked better than I thought they would but a) as Draftboy pointed out, it wasn't exactly the stiffest competition and b) the first unit had limited work in one preseason game, so it's far too soon to jump to conclusions.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              b) the first unit had limited work in one preseason game, so it's far too soon to jump to conclusions.
              you should practice what you preach when you make premature whines.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

And I still don't see how Miller, Incognito and coaching are supposed to be enough to fix the train wreck of an OL that we had last year.

Admittedly they looked better than I thought they would but a) as Draftboy pointed out, it wasn't exactly the stiffest competition and b) the first unit had limited work in one preseason game, so it's far too soon to jump to conclusions.
                Well, as you said Op, they looked good against the Panthers.

And Incognito did not play a single down in that game.

We will see how it goes, but as I said before, I expect the OL to play much better this year than last.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  you should practice what you preach when you make premature whines.
                  Lmao- the overwhelming majority of the stuff that I'm supposedly making "premature whines" about turn out to be the exact problems that plague the team once the games start.

Yet, every off-season you continue to whine that I'm making "premature whines."

Every year, people like you insist that preseason is meaningless and the team will get magically better once the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to "regular", and this phenomenon only happens to us and not our opponents. Yet, the season starts and the team looks remarkably similar to how it looked in preseason. And despite this happening every year since the existence of the board, here we are having this conversation yet again....
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Lmao- the overwhelming majority of the stuff that I'm supposedly making "premature whines" about turn out to be the exact problems that plague the team once the games start.

Yet, every off-season you continue to whine that I'm making "premature whines."

Every year, people like you insist that preseason is meaningless and the team will get magically better once the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to "regular", and this phenomenon only happens to us and not our opponents. Yet, the season starts and the team looks remarkably similar to how it looked in preseason. And despite this happening every year since the existence of the board, here we are having this conversation yet again....

BS- you just whined about a game you never saw. And since the 1st and 2nd team played well , now you're saying "b) the first unit had limited work in one preseason game, so it's far too soon to jump to conclusions.".

If they sucked you would be crying "preseason means something , time to commit harakiri"

Queen whiner looking for something negative to whine about. Typical.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-18-2015, 09:38 AM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      BS- you just whined about a game you never saw. And since the 1st and 2nd team played well , now you're saying "b) the first unit had limited work in one preseason game, so it's far too soon to jump to conclusions.".

If they sucked you would be crying "preseason means something , time to commit harakiri"

Queen whiner looking for something negative to whine about. Typical.
                      Actually I did see most of it on the Saturday morning replay. And you don't get to make an argument based on your assumption of how I would act in a hypothetical situation that never occurred.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Actually I did see most of it on the Saturday morning replay. And you don't get to make an argument based on your assumption of how I would act in a hypothetical situation that never occurred.
                        Well, why do you get to assume the OL will not be improved from last year?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Actually I did see most of it on the Saturday morning replay.
                          but the point still stands, you *****ed and whined before you saw anything

And you don't get to make an argument based on your assumption of how I would act in a hypothetical situation that never occurred.
                          I don't get to predict that you will do what you ALWAYS do? MY saying that is as accurate as predicting that Pizza Hut will make pizzas . No brainer.
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-18-2015, 09:55 AM.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            Well, why do you get to assume the OL will not be improved from last year?
                            I didn't assume. I made a reasonable prediction based on the available information.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

I didn't assume. I made a reasonable prediction based on the available information.
                              Well, Justa did the same thing with you.

Comment

• Swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

Your concern seems unwarranted. From yesterday:

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

Things you don't see often/at all: Kyle Williams getting pancaked. Richie Incognito got him good on a one-on-one rep. #Bills
                                Vic Carucci ✔ @viccarucci

"Barring an unforeseen thing," Rex Ryan expects Seantrel Henderson to start at RT for #Bills this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X