Cassel led 2-minute drill vs. 1st team D

2. Post thanked by:

Famous Amos (08-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,413 Times in 8,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who is your starting QB

I love these open polls.

They're fun to revisit later so you can get a kick out of the fans who showed poor judgment when they voted.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,509 Times in 9,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    My normally above average Mace to English translation skills fail me here, but I can answer the first part.

EJ clearly is what he is--a QB who will always struggle so mightily with mechanics and accuracy that he will never progress to the necessary level beyond that. That level requires mechanics to be second nature. They will never, ever, ever be second nature to him, and because of this, the real nuanced skills which require instant recognition, decision making and execution, will never be a part of his game.

But when you take the fatal flaw above and factor in how the false hope in him by our GM has set back the franchise, the anger is multiplied exponentially. Whaley has been so hell bent on making the square peg that is EJ fit into the round hole that is the franchise QB, that he has been disastrously derelict in addressing the problem that is the Bills' fatal flaw. Here's a guy who will wheel and deal and overspend like a Fracking Billionaire for a ****ing Wide Receiver, but he won't even bother to DRAFT a guy to throw to him.

The point is, that the hate is not for EJ the person. He is obviously a very nice kid who works hard and wants to succeed, but who just doesn't have the "it" that elite NFL QBs have. Rather, the hate is for EJ, the situation. And as long as they both co-exist in Buffalo, the stubbornness will continue, and so will the playoff drought.

Hope this helps.
    Can't blame you for not understanding the last part. Had something going on and kept getting interrupted typing the sentence. Was too lazy to make it coherent after.

Nah, don't answer that. I'm just not so bothered by the chosen whoever and don't want to be, even though I probably know better.
    What I meant to say was...none of the QB's really antagonize me, no matter who they anoint the chosen one. At this point I don't want to be too bothered by it, I'm just looking forward to the season. I probably could and should be bothered, because I can see their limitations, and know better than to think any of them will suddenly become "the answer".

The closer the season gets, the more apathetic I become about it. We have who we have, One will start, and away we go.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    It's still concerning that EJ is the only Bills QB to throw a TD this preseason... You gotta admit that.
    Well, looking at it a different way, not every scoring situation calls for a pass play.
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

Thanks
    Thanked 18,413 Times in 8,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm still undecided.

I need to see more of these guys before I commit and throw my weight behind one.

And what a shame, I hate being a typical yellow-bellied non-voter!

I almost always have "my guy" in mind well before the season starts .