• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Who is your starting QB

Let's put it to a vote who do you want starting for the Bills Week 1 against Indy.
    Matt Cassell
    0%
    Tyrod Taylor
    0%
    EJ Manuel
    0%

The poll is expired.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Who is your starting QB

I am fine with Cassell or Taylor but I think Taylor creates more of a challenge on defense so I'd give him the edge.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

I thought I was going to go with Cassel as well, but I really am getting sold on Tyrod's skill set and ability to make plays with his legs. Just makes me nervous when he is running all over the place. I keep picturing Manuel's injury last year in Cleveland. But I think Cassel/EJ make great backups just in case he does get hurt.

I'm all aboard the Tyrod Train!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Cassel's lack of playing last night tells me that Tyrod had to win the job last night. Not sure he did that. Coaches have to be leaning towards the vet and so am I.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

It's not " my starting QB " since my internet verbiage means nothing. It's really up to Roman and Rex.

With Taylor, the read option is part of the playbook. Roman wants that.

The OL looked good in run blocking but a bit suspect in pass blocking, at present. Another reason for Taylor.

I do believe entering the Cleveland game the Bills were comfortable with what Cassel could do in his limited way and knew they could always fall back on him. Thus, his vacation for the night.

At camp, I saw Taylor deliver the ball to the receivers better than the other 2. Little has changed after 2 pre-season games.

The Bills seem to want a young Vick/Russel Wilson type with mobility. Taylor again.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Still a ways to go before I throw my weight behind a particular QB yet.

But I gotta admit, Tyrod Taylor threw some lasers last night. His two passes to Deonte Thompson and one pass to Charles Clay and all were things of beauty. And EJ Manuel, god bless the kid, actually looked good. Like he wants to make this QB decision as hard as possible on ol' Rex.

I also love the way Greg Roman is mixing in the QB option and play action to keep D's on their toes. Taylor really runs those plays well.

I know a guy like Taylor can be figured out pretty quickly over the course of the regular season (most DC's just shadow an LB on them to contain them in the pocket), but Taylor did enough with his arm to show that maybe -- MAYBE -- he can be a solid passer, not just a archetypal running QB that can't do much else.

My impression of last night was an exceptionally positive one.

And almost never say that about a preseason game.
            Last edited by JoeMama; 08-21-2015, 07:02 AM.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
              Cassel's lack of playing last night tells me that Tyrod had to win the job last night. Not sure he did that. Coaches have to be leaning towards the vet and so am I.
              what would have sold you on tyrod? i think Td's would have been nice, but he made a TD type throw that could have been fought for harder. i saw rythm for the offense and it didn't look tentative. it looked fairly decisive. in a second preseason game for a guy who doesn't have starts, that's pretty good.

that being said, i wouldnt be crushed if cassel was named the starter, but i think Tyrod has a lot more upside and make the bills offense a lot more dynamic.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

my mom and my great aunt were playing wr and rb last night and ty STILL looked amazing
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

You should have another choice...."none of the above".

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    You should have another choice...."none of the above".
                    In an ideal world we'd have a better option.

In the real world, who are we going to get in the next 3 weeks that would be better than any of those 3?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Taylor and it's not close. You want to run the living snot out of the ball? Tyrod is the obvious choice. He gives the team another dimension in the running game, and he's accurate enough in the passing game to do well off of play action.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

I voted for EJ because so far he is the only QB to put points on the board & he did that in both games.

But Tyrod is electric as I said before & I would be happy if he is named the starter as well.

If Rex & Roman want to play it safe, Cassel will be named the starter & I can live with that, but he is the most boring, least dynamic of all the Bills QB's.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Why I voted for EJ...

QB Box Score through scrimmage and 2nd preseason game...

Manuel - 18/33 - 292 yds - 8.85 yds/a - 3 td's - 0 int's - 117.23 pr
                          Taylor - 20/31 - 191 yds - 6.16 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 81.52 pr
                          Cassel - 9/14 - 72 yds - 5.14 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 77.08 pr

That's not just a small difference!
                          Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 08-21-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                            • Aug 2013

Some people are struggling here to hate T Mobile.

All the cliches are getting thrown around with a complete disregard with the fact that there isn't a single QB in the league who could turn an offense with zero starting RBs and WRs into a jaw dropping performance.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                              Some people are struggling here to hate T Mobile.

All the cliches are getting thrown around with a complete disregard with the fact that there isn't a single QB in the league who could turn an offense with zero starting RBs and WRs into a jaw dropping performance.
                              3 points and an 81 passer rating in a preseason game against Cleveland is "jaw-dropping" now?
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X