• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Who is your starting QB

and i too voted for EJ.

1 simple reason he is built to play qb for the bills.

he is 6-8 with coach moron as his coach i say he is an over 500 qb with roman and rex and this D

he also has the best arm

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      3 points and an 81 passer rating in a preseason game against Cleveland is "jaw-dropping" now?
      First off, I didn't say it was jaw dropping.

Second, you didn't watch the game so you don't get to comment because you don't understand the context of those stats.

If you watched the game, you'd know he looked decent especially given the fact he had zero starting WRs and QBs. How people keep ignoring this is beyond me.

Look, if you are having trouble, just google Tyrod Taylor and you'll see that all the news is positive. That doesn't mean anything major, but clearly everything is leaning positive in the media.
      Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 08-21-2015, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
        Why I voted for EJ...

QB Box Score through scrimmage and 2nd preseason game...

Manuel - 18/33 - 292 yds - 8.85 yds/a - 3 td's - 0 int's - 117.23 pr
        Taylor - 20/31 - 191 yds - 6.16 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 81.52 pr
        Cassel - 9/14 - 72 yds - 5.14 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 77.08 pr

That's not just a small difference!
        Who were those QBs playing with and against when those stats were compiled? Ones, twos or threes? And why is it that EJ has been getting almost all of his time with the threes? Does the coaching staff hate him? Is it a conspiracy to thwart the progress of a former first round pick? You're leaving out a HUGE piece of information. The raw numbers without any context are meaningless.
        All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          3 points and an 81 passer rating in a preseason game against Cleveland is "jaw-dropping" now?
          tyrod had a bunch of 3rd stringers at RB and WR to throw to, the onlything first string about the lineup last night was the offensive line, and the browns DL ate them for lunch. Tyrod was pressured mercilessly all night, rarely had a pocket, and kept making one smart football play after another in the face of that pressure. He threw into the blitz, he scrambled out of pressure, and hit men on the run, he completed a very high number of passes to covered WRs by fitting it into tight windows, and when he ran i think he was averaging 10 yards a carry.

I would have liked some more points out of the starting unit too, but that was hardly the bills starting offense. that was 6-7 starters and 5-6 scrubs vs the browns starting defense minus 1 CB. and we pretty much played ball control, smash mouth football. it looked rather good to me. The worst play of the night for Taylor was on 3rd down in the red zone, when he took the lone sack he gave up all night. it made what would have been an easy FG into a moderately difficult one.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

I'd like to see if EJ has made any progress against 1st team Ds by playing him in Game 3, but if I had to pick a starter now it is hard not to say Taylor.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

I wanted EJ to take the starting job, and although I don't think he played bad, I feel that the job is Taylor's to lose. I feel you have to put the guy on the field that will give you the most matchup problems. Cassel will be the backup for the season. I feel if Taylor gets hurt, then EJ takes the job, but if a QB has to come into the game because of injury or ineffectiveness, it will be Cassel.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                • Mar 2015

I picked Tyrod because thats who I think would be the started if the season started tomorrow. But I think that EJ has played very well compared to previous years and that he has earned the chance to play with the ones and fight for the starting nod. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the coaching staff feels the same way.

Also for those saying that oh Tyrod didnt have all the starters and he played above average (I struggle to call it great), EJ didnt have a single starter, yeah he played against worse competition but he also got 0 help from his O-line and his WR's and he still managed to lead a game winning drive (which he has done multiple times in his career now). Granted he was playing against worse competition but not playing with the best players has to go both ways. Its cant be a positive for Tyrod and a negative for EJ.

Cassel is what he is, and I dont think that hes a starter. But we'll see what happens this week and what the coaching staff says now.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

I have to pick one of those?

Comment

• Victor7
                    • Jul 2013

Cassel

Taylor as exciting as he can be will be figured out by DC's in no time. Make him beat you with his passing and not his legs and it will all be most likely over. I don't see a consistent passer in him. The running style is also the quickest way to the injury report.

EJ is just not reliable. He'll have a great play followed by air mailing a pass 5 yards off the mark. His inaccuracy is the stuff of legends. Certainly not him.

MC is very unspectacular but for the most part the one better suited for what we need which is average play with little mistakes. He is also the most experienced.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                      Cassel

Taylor as exciting as he can be will be figured out by DC's in no time. Make him beat you with his passing and not his legs and it will all be most likely over. I don't see a consistent passer in him. The running style is also the quickest way to the injury report.

EJ is just not reliable. He'll have a great play followed by air mailing a pass 5 yards off the mark. His inaccuracy is the stuff of legends. Certainly not him.

MC is very unspectacular but for the most part the one better suited for what we need which is average play with little mistakes. He is also the most experienced.
                      And you don't think teams will know how to defend against Cassel?

Just stack the line of scrimmage & dare him to throw downfield.

And that will make running the ball more difficult as well.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

EJ should be the starter.

Comment

• Victor7
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          And you don't think teams will know how to defend against Cassel?

Just stack the line of scrimmage & dare him to throw downfield.

And that will make running the ball more difficult as well.
                          Lets go then

With Sammy and Harvin I'll take my chances.

Teams will stack the line vs whoever we send out there anyway. We are a running team. We have to be able to overcome that.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                            Cassel's lack of playing last night tells me that Tyrod had to win the job last night. Not sure he did that. Coaches have to be leaning towards the vet and so am I.
                            Just out of curiosity... are you bipolar?
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                              Why I voted for EJ...

QB Box Score through scrimmage and 2nd preseason game...

Manuel - 18/33 - 292 yds - 8.85 yds/a - 3 td's - 0 int's - 117.23 pr
                              Taylor - 20/31 - 191 yds - 6.16 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 81.52 pr
                              Cassel - 9/14 - 72 yds - 5.14 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 77.08 pr

That's not just a small difference!
                              Ummmm... EJ only threw 2 touchdowns.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                                Ummmm... EJ only threw 2 touchdowns.
                                Read again...

Comment

Working...