• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Who is your starting QB

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    What resume? Taylor doesn't have one.

What makes me think Taylor is the answer?

Did you watch the first two preseason games, The Jokeman?

Even Ray Charles can see the difference, and he's a blind dead guy.
    Look at Tyler's preseason stats with Baltimore and compare them to guys like RJ. Look at his regular season stats, 35 passes with 2 INTs. Again worse than all the other QBs we've brought in but I know because it's a smaller sample size it must just mean he hasn't a chance and just needs or maybe he hasn't gotten the chance as he hasn't earned it because of inferior play. Yes, I watched both preseason games and DVRed them. Check the other thread and see what I see.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-21-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
      • Feb 2009

I picked EJ but I would not be shocked or upset with Taylor being chosen.

Call me naive but I still have faith that EJ can be a solid QB in this league. I at the very least would like to see him run a few series with first team before the starting QB is chosen. IMO he's been very good so far, aganist the 3rd teams of course. But that should be incentive to the coaching staff to give him a fair shot with the first team before they make their choice.

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
        Well, EJ & Tyrod both passed the eyeball test over Cassel as well.
        Time to go to the eye doctors. Yes, Taylor passes the eye ball test. You must have had your eyes closed when EJ under threw O'leary in the Panthers game, his two three and outs vs the Browns and fumbled at the 5 . And wide open for the TD passes. The last two games, when EJ 1st comes off the bench. I remember saying, EJ looks like the EJ I remember, with the offense spitting and sputtering. Then he throws a couple darts, wow. Then I remember some of the prettiest passes I've ever seen came out of JP Losman's hands. If EJ can't pull it together consistently, then by the eye ball test, he looks like the next Losman.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
          Tsk, tsk BD... Haven't you heard that we mustn't use stats?
          Cassel hasn't been allowed to play much. You can only use stats, if there are stats to be had. Such a small sampling (14 passes by your count) doesn't show you anything. Not good or bad.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
            Time to go to the eye doctors. Yes, Taylor passes the eye ball test. You must have had your eyes closed when EJ under threw O'leary in the Panthers game, his two three and outs vs the Browns and fumbled at the 5 . And wide open for the TD passes. The last two games, when EJ 1st comes off the bench. I remember saying, EJ looks like the EJ I remember, with the offense spitting and sputtering. Then he throws a couple darts, wow. Then I remember some of the prettiest passes I've ever seen came out of JP Losman's hands. If EJ can't pull it together consistently, then by the eye ball test, he looks like the next Losman.
            Albeit against scrubs, but EJ has constantly been the only QB to score TD's in games this preseason.

And I hope EJ gets a better shot to prove himself than Losman got.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I think EJ is one of my favorite Bills. No matter what has happened to him he continues to go out there and work hard. I truthfully wouldn't cut him. I actually think one day he'll start somewhere and play well.

With the above said he can't throw a touch pass or a screen and in this offense that's the kiss of death. Ironically he'd be a good fit on Tyrods old team as a backup.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                Ummmm... EJ only threw 2 touchdowns.
                Yep and I guess we're totally disregarding qb running yards, 3rd down efficiency .....

Comment

• Jry44
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  It's not " my starting QB " since my internet verbiage means nothing. It's really up to Roman and Rex.

With Taylor, the read option is part of the playbook. Roman wants that.

The OL looked good in run blocking but a bit suspect in pass blocking, at present. Another reason for Taylor.

I do believe entering the Cleveland game the Bills were comfortable with what Cassel could do in his limited way and knew they could always fall back on him. Thus, his vacation for the night.

At camp, I saw Taylor deliver the ball to the receivers better than the other 2. Little has changed after 2 pre-season games.

The Bills seem to want a young Vick/Russel Wilson type with mobility. Taylor again.
                  I think we're seeing Taylor come in the run the read option on occasion even if Cassel is the starter.

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                    Some people are struggling here to hate T Mobile.

All the cliches are getting thrown around with a complete disregard with the fact that there isn't a single QB in the league who could turn an offense with zero starting RBs and WRs into a jaw dropping performance.
                    Not to be a naysayer, but you've also got to take into account that 2 to 3 of the players that were starting in Clevelands secondary on Thursday night aren't even going to make their roster. So it's not like our 4th through 6th wide outs were matched up against 1st and second teamers.

With that saw, I slso think that Tyrod Taylor has a very appealing skill set. I feel that Cassel can manage a game enough for this ro be a playoff team. If Taylor can prove to do the same against a starting caliber secondary with his added skill set, this can be a dangerous team.

Comment

• Jry44
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                      Lets go then

With Sammy and Harvin I'll take my chances.

Teams will stack the line vs whoever we send out there anyway. We are a running team. We have to be able to overcome that.
                      Not to mention that we finally have a mismatch type of option at TE that can easily stretch the field down the seams.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
                        Not to be a naysayer, but you've also got to take into account that 2 to 3 of the players that were starting in Clevelands secondary on Thursday night aren't even going to make their roster. So it's not like our 4th through 6th wide outs were matched up against 1st and second teamers.

With that saw, I slso think that Tyrod Taylor has a very appealing skill set. I feel that Cassel can manage a game enough for this ro be a playoff team. If Taylor can prove to do the same against a starting caliber secondary with his added skill set, this can be a dangerous team.
                        You make the point, for the fans that can't really understand what they are looking at, that what Taylor did was against some scrubs. I guess the only way to make them see is to put Taylor against the big boys.

Comment

• Jry44
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          You make the point, for the fans that can't really understand what they are looking at, that what Taylor did was against some scrubs. I guess the only way to make them see is to put Taylor against the big boys.
                          Totally agree. Granted he was throwing to scrubs, but tbe 1s one both sides of the ball at the skill positions would have made that game move a LOT faster. I too want to see Taylor play against Pitts ones with our ones. That's the test!

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
                            Totally agree. Granted he was throwing to scrubs, but tbe 1s one both sides of the ball at the skill positions would have made that game move a LOT faster. I too want to see Taylor play against Pitts ones with our ones. That's the test!
                            I agree. I'd like to see how he fared in that setting.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                              Read again...
                              scrimmage doesn't count.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                                Sab and TD are insignificant
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                                Tyrod's NFL preseason and regular season resume is worse than RJ's when he got here and been in NFL for 4 seasons whereas RJ had only 3. Oh and RJ was a 4th Rounder and Tyrod was a 6th Rounder. I hope Tyrod proves better but am not buying into the magic hype machine.
                                based on what we have seen on the field, he looks a hell of a lot better than RJ ever did already - yes, I know it's only preseason, but you have to go with the hot hand, and right now, that hot hand is Tyrod Taylor. Do I expect him to be our franchise qb - no, not yet, but I do expect him to start because he is the best performing qb on our roster right now. This defense is a "window of opportunity" defense - we need to protect them by keeping them off the field and putting points on the board with the offense as much as possible to try and make opposing offenses 1 dimensional. Clearly, right now, Tyrod is the guy to help them out the most.
                                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                                X