Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's Jason Cole? Report on divided coaching staff with reagrds to Tyrod

Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 24,468 Times in 14,177 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who's Jason Cole? Report on divided coaching staff with reagrds to Tyrod

Actually a pretty good reporter. He was on Yahoo's beat a few years ago and then was a coup when B/R grabbed him.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

3. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (08-22-2015),WagonCircler (08-21-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nothing wrong with that. Tells me their actually discussing it and not just handing anything over. This is news only insofar as it speaks well to Tyrod's situation.

5. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (08-21-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. Tells me their actually discussing it and not just handing anything over. This is news only insofar as it speaks well to Tyrod's situation.
    Yes, I'm glad that it's not just Rex that is making this decision. I'm fine with him making the decisions when it comes to the defense, but I hope Roman and him are taking their time to discuss the who should be starting at the QB position and how that affects the offensive philosophy. Obviously it's Rex's final call, but it should be based on what the guy he hired to run the offense has to say.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (08-21-2015),Jimkelly12203 (08-21-2015),Mace (08-21-2015),The last buffalo fan (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well Roman knows a whole lot more about offense than Rex. In fact Rex's history of QB's is quite scarce.

Who you gonna trust ??

9. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-21-2015),POTLAND PSILBYLO (08-21-2015),swiper (08-22-2015),The last buffalo fan (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Well Roman knows a whole lot more about offense than Rex. In fact Rex's history of QB's is quite scarce.

Who you gonna trust ??
    Being Rex never had a great QB with the Jets, I tend to side more with the OC who may remember what it was like coaching a running QB last year who he made stay in the pocket more and struggled and up ending costing him his job.

11. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (08-21-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Being Rex never had a great QB with the Jets, I tend to side more with the OC who may remember what it was like coaching a running QB last year who he made stay in the pocket more and struggled and up ending costing him his job.
    Kaepernick didn't cost him his job.

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-21-2015)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He chose to leave the niners for obvious reasons, but kaepernick sucks and definitely didn't help his cause.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalogic View Post
    He chose to leave the niners for obvious reasons, but kaepernick sucks and definitely didn't help his cause.
    So again why would Roman want to side with a mini version of Kaepernick?

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No idea and I'm not saying he would. We should start cassel I've been clear about that in a few threads.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalogic View Post
    No idea and I'm not saying he would. We should start cassel I've been clear about that in a few threads.
    I'm just fleshing out some things that some Bills fans may not see.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Roman didn't run the passing offense, that was Harbaugh's influence in pass/run ration and passing game.

That said, it had better be Roman making this decision with input from Palmer/Lee. But then again, maybe that's where the divide is. Roman has little to to with passing games, always has been so right back to his college OC days. Ryan better have nothing to do with besides listening to the people he put in charge of it. If they can't get on the same page, this will get weird fast.

19. Post thanked by:

Circling the Wagons since 1982. T-Long's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I told you guys that we had Yahoo! coming to interview Rex....here it is

21. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Roman didn't run the passing offense, that was Harbaugh's influence in pass/run ration and passing game.

That said, it had better be Roman making this decision with input from Palmer/Lee. But then again, maybe that's where the divide is. Roman has little to to with passing games, always has been so right back to his college OC days. Ryan better have nothing to do with besides listening to the people he put in charge of it. If they can't get on the same page, this will get weird fast.
    David Lee was known for being the guy to bring the Wild Cat to the NFL, I hardly call him a passing genius either. Palmer could be but not sure he's working directly with the QBs.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But wait....I thought EJ was a mortal lock to be the starter.

24. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-22-2015),The last buffalo fan (08-22-2015),Thurmal (08-23-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

If it isn't the head coach making the final decision, then why is he the head coach? He's the decider, not the delegator. It had better be Rex Ryan who has the final decision and not one of his assistants. If the assistant wants to make final decisions like who the starting QB is, let him go out and get a head coaching job. Otherwise the top man makes the decision, not one of the underlings. It's called chain of command and it goes top down, not bottom up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    If it isn't the head coach making the final decision, then why is he the head coach? He's the decider, not the delegator. It had better be Rex Ryan who has the final decision and not one of his assistants. If the assistant wants to make final decisions like who the starting QB is, let him go out and get a head coaching job. Otherwise the top man makes the decision, not one of the underlings. It's called chain of command and it goes top down, not bottom up.
    Maybe because Rex has recognized the error or his ways when deciding in the past when Sanchez was his guy.

27. Post thanked by:

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

After Thursday night's 11-10 victory against the Cleveland Browns, Ryan reassured everyone that he will stand by what he said two weeks ago: The Bills won't name a starter until the first week of the season.
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...-week-1-082115

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    David Lee was known for being the guy to bring the Wild Cat to the NFL, I hardly call him a passing genius either. Palmer could be but not sure he's working directly with the QBs.
    I know. But either are better than Rex.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    Because he's terrible at it and if you don't see that in his track record I don't know what to tell you. The best managers are the best delegators in my experience, the best wisdom is knowing what you don't know, and so....