Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Who's Jason Cole? Report on divided coaching staff with reagrds to Tyrod

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
    I'm not arguing the tiny ypa he has. Like I said, they have been sitting on him all camp. Unlike Taylor, who they kind of "unwrapped" in the Cleveland game. They really let him go to see how he did. The coaches seems to feel comfortable with what Cassel can do and seem to be hiding or protecting him a bit by really restricting his meaningful reps.
    I agree with this.

I just don't think Cassel has shown all that much in the reps he did get in the Vikings game.

7 of 8 sounds great, but a 5.6 yd average for 45 yds, not so much.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Well, here's the buried lede: This spells doom for EJ Manuel's Buffalo Bills career.

Regardless of who gets their way, Roman or Rex, they're not going to cut the Offensive Coordinator's or their Head Coach's first choice for QB.

The odd man out is EJ. Even if he stays on the roster, he is the Jeff Tuel of the Bills.

Here's a guy who was sold to us as the savior QB, who can't even beat out the guy we picked up as a second choice to Josh McCown, nor can he even be the second string QB on the roster.

Face it, EJ apologists, your boy is done here.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
        Well, here's the buried lede: This spells doom for EJ Manuel's Buffalo Bills career.

Regardless of who gets their way, Roman or Rex, they're not going to cut the Offensive Coordinator's or their Head Coach's first choice for QB.

The odd man out is EJ. Even if he stays on the roster, he is the Jeff Tuel of the Bills.

Here's a guy who was sold to us as the savior QB, who can't even beat out the guy we picked up as a second choice to Josh McCown, nor can he even be the second string QB on the roster.

Face it, EJ apologists, your boy is done here.
        Well, before you were positive EJ would be cut.

Now you think he may make the team.

HATERS gonna HATE.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Well, before you were positive EJ would be cut.

Now you think he may make the team.

HATERS gonna HATE.
          I still think he will be cut. But even if he isn't, he might as well have been. His career is over.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I still think he will be cut. But even if he isn't, he might as well have been. His career is over.
            Nonsense. At worst, EJ bounces from team to team as a back up for the next 10-12 years.

His career is far from over.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Why cut a guy who can play QB if needed in a pinch? QBs are a commodity in the NFL and sure EJ isn't a franchise guy but he has shown he can play the position. I mean if Matt Flynn?Tim Tebow can get a job there's no reason EJ Manuel couldn't. We're keeping EJ as a 3rd string QB or some other other team will go after him as a 2nd/3rd.

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

How fast the #1 pick in 2013 for the Bills gets compared with the garbage QBs in the league. It's been a fast fall from grace.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

How fast the #1 pick in 2013 for the Bills gets compared with the garbage QBs in the league. It's been a fast fall from grace.
                  Yet he's not at that level at least IMO. While EJ is in the low end of starting QB I think he's still among the top 40 in the league.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

EJ is being compared to garbage by the HATERS, time will tell if they are right, but Cassel, Orton & other garbage have played a long time in the NFL.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                      I disagree with this. The best managers have vision and surround themselves with the best people to meet that vision. The delegation part is a skill but happens more naturally.

But none of this exposes a problem on the team. They are at odds a bit because the answer is not clear. If one guy in that room could step up and adamantly maintain who the starter should be they would be like "OK". But that guy is not there because it's just not clear. Of course they are going to be discussing it. I could have reported this story....
                      I'm fine with the last part.

But :

The best managers have vision and surround themselves with the best people to meet that vision. The delegation part is a skill but happens more naturally.
                      Surrounding yourself with the best people to meet that vision and not listening to them means surrounding yourself with yes men.

Delegating is simply rational, you surround yourself with people you trust to implement that vision, then trust them to make decisions in areas in which they have better expertise, unless you think to make every decision yourself, which is just not rational. There is absolutely no successful organization anywhere that does not successfully delegate tasks beyond the expertise of the one who runs it. You cannot be a good manager and not delegate successfully, you just can't.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                        We get a good dose of the NYC media here so let me enlighten you on his track record picking QBs since you obviously don't know what it is if you can say he's terrible. He has always chosen the best QB available to start & actually got to the AFC Championship game his 1st 2 seasons by choosing Sanchez over Kellen Clemens. Do you really think he should have chosen Clemens? After Sanchez got him to 2 straight championship games do you really think he should have benched him for Mark Brunell who was 41 and brought in as a backup? Did you want Tim Tebow in 2012? When Geno came in and Sanchez had a season ending injury who would you have started? He had no choice. Then in 2014 management demanded he start Smith over Vick. Once again-he had no choice. At one point he was so fed up with Geno that he basically took the ball out of his hands-they almost pulled it off but lost by 3 to Miami. The NY media was demanding Rex be fired the next day for insubordination.
                        As I see it his track record picking QBs is 100%. He has always chosen the best QB of those available-except when management, led by Idzik, demanded Geno Smith start games when Ryan wanted to bench Smith. Obviously, he didn't have any good QBs in NY, but that was hardly his fault. He couldn't just get on the phone & dial up the next Manning.
                        Nothing much you have to "enlighten" me about, but thanks. His history as decider is pretty much out there, even down to poor game management decisions which you should know about if you were paying that much attention. Ryan does defense, and he does defense well.

Did you happen to see this game, I did : http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1312010nyj.htm

This would be the game where the Decider, presumably in control on the sidelines at least, spent all game running into a stacked box and "allowed" 10 pass attempts. Did you see this game ? He's terrible in decisions outside his range. I know exactly what I'm saying. Sanchez behind a scrub o-line ? Someone else made those decisions ?

You think, from what you've seen here already, he had nothing to do with getting Tebow ? Come on now.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Not surprising. Taylor isn't a typical NFL QB and he's pretty much the opposite of Cassel in terms of how he plays the game (acknowledging that someone could quotes this and reply "You mean how he plays well?").
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            Nothing much you have to "enlighten" me about, but thanks. His history as decider is pretty much out there, even down to poor game management decisions which you should know about if you were paying that much attention. Ryan does defense, and he does defense well.

Did you happen to see this game, I did : http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1312010nyj.htm

This would be the game where the Decider, presumably in control on the sidelines at least, spent all game running into a stacked box and "allowed" 10 pass attempts. Did you see this game ? He's terrible in decisions outside his range. I know exactly what I'm saying. Sanchez behind a scrub o-line ? Someone else made those decisions ?

You think, from what you've seen here already, he had nothing to do with getting Tebow ? Come on now.
                            I don't know if Rex had anything to do with getting Tebow or not but Rex is the one who let him rot on the bench.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              EJ is being compared to garbage by the HATERS, time will tell if they are right, but Cassel, Orton & other garbage have played a long time in the NFL.

Umm. No. Time has already showed us. And no one is hating. It's reality. Those people you call haters can see the faults are plenty and dated back to college. You don't pin yourself into a corner having to take a QB in a terrible class like Whaley did. It's huge failure.

It appears former boss Buddy Nix wasn't in the driver's seat when the Buffalo Bills drafted quarterback EJ Manuel. Find out what new general manager Doug Whaley revealed on "NFL Total Access."

It's the rose-colored glasses, EJ-lovers that are talking with blinders on. He's terrible. Time has already shown.

Just look to where he has fallen in the Ryan/Roman regime. The see him up close every day and have demoted him to 3rd string.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Umm. No. Time has already showed us. And no one is hating. It's reality. Those people you call haters can see the faults are plenty and dated back to college. You don't pin yourself into a corner having to take a QB in a terrible class like Whaley did. It's huge failure.

It appears former boss Buddy Nix wasn't in the driver's seat when the Buffalo Bills drafted quarterback EJ Manuel. Find out what new general manager Doug Whaley revealed on "NFL Total Access."

It's the rose-colored glasses, EJ-lovers that are talking with blinders on. He's terrible. Time has already shown.

Just look to where he has fallen in the Ryan/Roman regime. The see him up close every day and have demoted him to 3rd string.
                                The people I call the HATERS have proclaimed EJ could never improve & that his career was over.

Well, any OBJECTIVE person would agree EJ has improved & proved the HATERS wrong.

Also his career is far from over.

Comment

Working...
                                X