Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Who's Jason Cole? Report on divided coaching staff with reagrds to Tyrod

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    Roman didn't run the passing offense, that was Harbaugh's influence in pass/run ration and passing game.

That said, it had better be Roman making this decision with input from Palmer/Lee. But then again, maybe that's where the divide is. Roman has little to to with passing games, always has been so right back to his college OC days. Ryan better have nothing to do with besides listening to the people he put in charge of it. If they can't get on the same page, this will get weird fast.
    If it isn't the head coach making the final decision, then why is he the head coach? He's the decider, not the delegator. It had better be Rex Ryan who has the final decision and not one of his assistants. If the assistant wants to make final decisions like who the starting QB is, let him go out and get a head coaching job. Otherwise the top man makes the decision, not one of the underlings. It's called chain of command and it goes top down, not bottom up.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
      If it isn't the head coach making the final decision, then why is he the head coach? He's the decider, not the delegator. It had better be Rex Ryan who has the final decision and not one of his assistants. If the assistant wants to make final decisions like who the starting QB is, let him go out and get a head coaching job. Otherwise the top man makes the decision, not one of the underlings. It's called chain of command and it goes top down, not bottom up.
      Maybe because Rex has recognized the error or his ways when deciding in the past when Sanchez was his guy.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
        • Feb 2013

After Thursday night's 11-10 victory against the Cleveland Browns, Ryan reassured everyone that he will stand by what he said two weeks ago: The Bills won't name a starter until the first week of the season.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
          David Lee was known for being the guy to bring the Wild Cat to the NFL, I hardly call him a passing genius either. Palmer could be but not sure he's working directly with the QBs.
          I know. But either are better than Rex.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            Because he's terrible at it and if you don't see that in his track record I don't know what to tell you. The best managers are the best delegators in my experience, the best wisdom is knowing what you don't know, and so....

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Because he's terrible at it and if you don't see that in his track record I don't know what to tell you. The best managers are the best delegators in my experience, the best wisdom is knowing what you don't know, and so....
              I disagree with this. The best managers have vision and surround themselves with the best people to meet that vision. The delegation part is a skill but happens more naturally.

But none of this exposes a problem on the team. They are at odds a bit because the answer is not clear. If one guy in that room could step up and adamantly maintain who the starter should be they would be like "OK". But that guy is not there because it's just not clear. Of course they are going to be discussing it. I could have reported this story....

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

omg the coaching staff is at each others throats and coming apart at the seams!!

- bucky gleason
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Coaches know what Cassel can do. IMO,They sat him so he doesn't get hurt against a blitzing Pettine defense and so that the other two can get as much experience in case Cassel gets hurt.

My guess is, Cassel 1 ,Tyrod 2 and EJ 3.

Establish the running game first with all the new cast and simply let Cassel manage the QB position. Once the players know the running game like the back of their hand they can start slowly thinking about Tyrod. If Cassel struggles then put Tyrod in right away.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

While my pick is Taylor, I am more than fine with Cassel. He's dumping the ball off short too often but if they decide to run the ball heavy, then I understand it. Less likely to turn the ball over. When the WR's get healthy, I hope to see more crossing patterns if Cassel is QB because he tends to throw those very well. Good in play action, since McCoy must be respected.

I still believe only 10-12 NFL teams have legit good starting QB's and the rest of the teams make do with what they have.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Cassel had a 17 yard completion to Clay against the Panthers.

And a few days before that:

The notion that Cassel only dinks & dunks is a misnomer, to be polite. He is not Fitzpatrick or post-concussed Trent Edwards.

The Bills have, to a large degree, kept him under wraps during this camp.
                      Last edited by swiper; 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

When was the last time, if ever, there fans were divided on which of three QBs should start in Buffalo?

We've seen QB injuries before. The one good thing that comes out of all our opininated debating is that if one guy goes down there seems to be two other guys that could step in and do a fair job.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          Cassel had a 17 yard completion to Clay against the Panthers.

And a few days before that:

The notion that Cassel only dinks & dunks is a misnomer, to be polite. He is not Fitzpatrick or post-concussed Trent Edwards.

The Bills have, to a large degree, kept him under wraps during this camp.
                          Well, even with that 17 yd completion added in, Cassel had only a 5.6 yds per attempt average, so yeah, he does dink & dunk.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            Well, even with that 17 yd completion added in, Cassel had only a 5.6 yds per attempt average, so yeah, he does dink & dunk.
                            I'm not arguing the tiny ypa he has. Like I said, they have been sitting on him all camp. Unlike Taylor, who they kind of "unwrapped" in the Cleveland game. They really let him go to see how he did. The coaches seems to feel comfortable with what Cassel can do and seem to be hiding or protecting him a bit by really restricting his meaningful reps.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              Being Rex never had a great QB with the Jets, I tend to side more with the OC who may remember what it was like coaching a running QB last year who he made stay in the pocket more and struggled and up ending costing him his job.
                              all of the news out here in California said that Harbaugh took over the play calling in SF to try and pad his resume before leaving SF. The Niners were fine the year before when Roman called the plays with Kaepernick being Kaepernick. If this is true, I trust Roman will endorse Taylor - and I'm sure Ryan is too. I think this is more of a public relations fabrication than anything just to appease the EJ and Cassel crybabies. This has to be Tyrod's job. PERIOD. To say anything else is a symptom of cognitive dissonance.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                                • Jul 2002

We get a good dose of the NYC media here so let me enlighten you on his track record picking QBs since you obviously don't know what it is if you can say he's terrible. He has always chosen the best QB available to start & actually got to the AFC Championship game his 1st 2 seasons by choosing Sanchez over Kellen Clemens. Do you really think he should have chosen Clemens? After Sanchez got him to 2 straight championship games do you really think he should have benched him for Mark Brunell who was 41 and brought in as a backup? Did you want Tim Tebow in 2012? When Geno came in and Sanchez had a season ending injury who would you have started? He had no choice. Then in 2014 management demanded he start Smith over Vick. Once again-he had no choice. At one point he was so fed up with Geno that he basically took the ball out of his hands-they almost pulled it off but lost by 3 to Miami. The NY media was demanding Rex be fired the next day for insubordination.
                                As I see it his track record picking QBs is 100%. He has always chosen the best QB of those available-except when management, led by Idzik, demanded Geno Smith start games when Ryan wanted to bench Smith. Obviously, he didn't have any good QBs in NY, but that was hardly his fault. He couldn't just get on the phone & dial up the next Manning.

Comment

Working...
                                X