Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday morning's practice... interesting comments about QB's

Thanks
    Thanked 18,374 Times in 8,985 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Saturday morning's practice... interesting comments about QB's

Top 3 things you need to know from Day 15 at Bills Camp

Saturday’s practice was one of the best of the camp in terms of quarterback play, with Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel looking especially sharp. All three QBs, including Matt Cassel, got time with the first team on a regular rotation.

In the first team session, Taylor threw a beautiful deep sideline pass to Marcus Easley who got past the coverage and ran into the end zone for a touchdown.

In seven-on-seven work, Manuel threw a strike over the middle to tight end Charles Clay. And Taylor connected with Marquise Goodwin on a high pass that Goodwin brought down for a reception.

When they got into red zone seven-on-seven work, Manuel lofted a high pass to Tight End MarQueis Gary for a four yard touchdown. And in the final team session, it was Taylor hooking up with Goodwin again for a deep pass down the middle.

After practice, Rex Ryan re-stated what he told BuffaloBills.com on “Coffee with the Coach” four days ago. He says there’s a high possibility he’ll keep all three quarterbacks on the roster when the final cut downs are made in two weeks.

“Well, all three of them are playing really well. So we’ve said from day one that we’d keep our best 53 in our opinion and regardless of the position. But clearly there you have three good quarterbacks so that’s a high, high possibility.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...b2_buf_article
    I know it's wildly unpopular but I'd love to keep Cassel, Taylor, and YES-- even Manuel -- if he continues improving the way he has in recent weeks.

Very encouraging.

At this point I still think EJ > Simms, even if EJ has obnoxious fans.

I want the best possible players, regardless of how obnoxious their fans are.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Saturday morning's practice... interesting comments about QB's

Nothing was said about Cassel today?
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

and EJ rolling with the ones uh oh lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 Times in 3,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post

At this point I still think EJ > Simms, even if EJ has obnoxious fans.

I want the best possible players, regardless of how obnoxious their fans are.
    and who might those folks be? At most you have a group of posters who have kept an open mind that EJ might improve. That doesn't seem nearly as obnoxious to me as a much larger group that dumps on EJ every chance they get. That's not only obnoxious it's illogical. Every Bills fan should be an EJ fan because a) he's a part of our team and b) because if he does well he could either help us win games or get us a return in a trade. The folks that can't go a day without bashing him have an obnoxious agenda, being shown to be right. I see people like that every day and they're almost always annoying SOB's with inflated opinion's of themselves. That's my take.

5. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (08-24-2015),djjimkelly (08-22-2015),Ed (08-24-2015),Fixxxer (08-22-2015),Meathead (08-22-2015),senseofdoom (08-25-2015),tomz (08-22-2015),trapezeus (08-24-2015),Yasgur's Farm (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Amos View Post
    Nothing was said about Cassel today?
    They didn't mention much about him other than he split some time with the ones.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    and who might those folks be? At most you have a group of posters who have kept an open mind that EJ might improve. That doesn't seem nearly as obnoxious to me as a much larger group that dumps on EJ every chance they get. That's not only obnoxious it's illogical. Every Bills fan should be an EJ fan because a) he's a part of our team and b) because if he does well he could either help us win games or get us a return in a trade. The folks that can't go a day without bashing him have an obnoxious agenda, being shown to be right. I see people like that every day and they're almost always annoying SOB's with inflated opinion's of themselves. That's my take.
    You should get a PR job.

That's one hell of a spin job for some of EJ's uglier fans who are willing to trash anyone and anything who don't proclaim EJ the greatest thing on God's green earth.

They know who they are.

I'm not going to single them out and throw them under the bus since I'm trying to keep it positive here.

Like I said, I want the best 3 QB's on our roster come September and I think EJ is making a fine case to make it.

I'm not here to air out the dirty laundry. Just celebrate some positives.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 08-22-2015 at 04:02 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (08-24-2015),WagonCircler (08-22-2015)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Joe B said they were not in pads today and going at 3/4 speed to work on execution of plays.

10. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,451 Times in 7,304 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Keep the best 3. EJ is one of the best three.

I wouldn't say EJ groupies are obnoxious. They are annoying. They refuse to see that the coach's obviously don't see EJ as the starter. They seem to be EJ fans first. Bills fans second.

12. Post thanked by:

sudzy (08-22-2015),ublinkwescore (08-25-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Keep the best 3. EJ is one of the best three.

I wouldn't say EJ groupies are obnoxious. They are annoying. They refuse to see that the coach's obviously don't see EJ as the starter. They seem to be EJ fans first. Bills fans second.
    They remind me of Drew Bledsoe fans from the range.

And once he left for Dallas, they all left the range. And I was like HALLELUJAH! Good riddance to those non-Bills fans.

We definitely have a contingent of EJ or nobody fans on this site.

See how badly they trashed Orton last year even though Orton outplayed EJ by a mile.

No objectivity. No football IQ. No credibility.

And that's coming from a guy who actually thinks EJ is a good kid and wants to see him succeed.

But damn, his fans are a detriment to his popularity around here. They're just such myopic homers with zero objectivity.

14. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-22-2015),Victor7 (08-24-2015),WagonCircler (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,451 Times in 7,304 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

EJ seems like a really good kid. I like him too and want him to succeed. He's not a worthless POS like some here say. I think he'll have a long career as a backup and maybe even an average starter that has just enough success to make another team think they can win with him. I bet he kicks around the league like Fitz for a long time. I don't think he'll ever be the guy to carry a team though.

We've always had a group that goes all in with a QB and refuses to give up. Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards. They all had their little group that was all in. Hell, they even continued after those guys were long gone.

16. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-22-2015),HHURRICANE (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I said I wasn't gonna name names but **** it.

djjimkelly, Yasgur's Farm, better days, notacon (formerly), and Dr. Who

Just to name a few.

And there's plenty more where that came from. I can't name them all off the top of my head as though I have a working excel spreadsheet on these guys.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 08-22-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Buffalo Bills third string Quarterback is about as relevant as the business agent for Jared from Subway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I said I wasn't gonna name names but **** it.

djjimkelly, Yasgur's Farm, better days, notacon (formerly), and Dr. Who

Just to name a few.

And there's plenty more where that came from. I can't name them all off the top of my head as though I have a working excel spreadsheet on these guys.
    Now that you've named us, how about a few quotes to back up your claim... I'd be especially interested in mine.

20. Post thanked by:

better days (08-23-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    Now that you've named us, how about a few quotes to back up your claim... I'd be especially interested in mine.
    You alone have over 96 pages of posts pimping EJ Manuel... and you're gonna sit here and deny you're an EJ homer?

Are you trying to make us laugh or just insult our intelligence?

I'm not wasting the rest of my Saturday posting hundreds of posts for your convenience.

You know what you are and so do the rest of us.

So please, cut it with the denial.

You're like an alcoholic with 10 DUI's who's like, "I don't have a drinking problem!"

I don't enjoy when boneheads ask me to waste my time when you know as well as I do you're an EJ homer.

So save it for someone who cares about your lame attempt at plausible deniability.

22. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (08-23-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,101 Times in 3,580 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To do anything other than keep 3 QB's would be idiotic. Cassel hasn't been able to stay healthy (3 out of) the past 4 years and Taylor is a complete unknown WRT durability. And EJ is far more talented than Simms.

24. Post thanked by:

Novacane (08-22-2015),The Jokeman (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You alone have over 96 pages of posts pimping EJ Manuel... and you're gonna sit here and deny you're an EJ homer?

Are you trying to make us laugh or just insult our intelligence?

I'm not wasting the rest of my Saturday posting hundreds of posts for your convenience.

You know what you are and so do the rest of us.

So please, cut it with the denial.

You're like an alcoholic with 10 DUI's who's like, "I don't have a drinking problem!"

I don't enjoy when boneheads ask me to waste my time when you know as well as I do you're an EJ homer.

So save it for someone who cares about your lame attempt at plausible deniability.
    I never denied wanting EJ to win the job of starting QB for my 1 and only team... That wasn't your claim... Shall I remind you?
    That's one hell of a spin job for some of EJ's uglier fans who are willing to trash anyone and anything who don't proclaim EJ the greatest thing on God's green earth.

They know who they are.
    No moving targets please.
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 08-22-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In fact, I've stated a few times that I want to keep both EJ and TT and dump Cassel's $4.5M. I just so happen to think that EJ has performed better that TT and I've backed it up with stats.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    The Buffalo Bills third string Quarterback is about as relevant as the business agent for Jared from Subway.
    The why waste 1st team reps on him. They are suppose to be getting ready for the season. You can't get 3 QBs ready to start. Pick one and move forward.

28. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In fact, I've stated a few times that I want to keep both EJ and TT and dump Cassel's $4.5M. I just so happen to think that EJ has performed better that TT and I've backed it up with stats.
    Yes Ej has great stats vs everyone's third stringers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never denied wanting EJ to win the job of starting QB for my 1 and only team... That wasn't your claim... Shall I remind you?
    No moving targets please.
    Enjoy.

Kyle Orton was ranked 25th in the NFL in 2014... How is that "certainly above average"?

I replied to this claim asking you where you cooked up this 25th figure, but you never responded.

I'm willing to bet the figure is skewed because he only started 12 games.

Orton's TD/INT ratio, total yardage, and win/loss record in 12 games were all superior to anything EJ has done in 2 seasons, you won't even admit Orton was in fact above average last year.

That just goes to show your lousy football IQ. And/or state of denial you're willfully living in.

BTW your opinions on Orton are what's called trashing another player to make your love of EJ feel more valid.

Sorry homeboy but you're an EJ first, a team second guy.

And I for one definitely do not take you seriously.

If EJ ever gets cut (and I prefer he doesn't and succeeds someday), I hope you follow him to his next team where another fan base can deal with your annoying and myopic hyperbole.

Because it ****ing sucks reading your garbage.

31. Post thanked by: