Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Saturday morning's practice... interesting comments about QB's

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Saturday morning's practice... interesting comments about QB's

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    To the EJ homers,

Doesn't it speak volumes that EJ couldn't beat out Kyle Orton, a career journeyman who joined the team late?

And now EJ can't beat out another journeyman in Cassel and a guy who hasn't started a single NFL game.

Common, your 1st round QB -in his 3rd year- should at least be able to hold onto his job vs 2 nobodies!
    look this year there may be better options then EJ and im 100000000% fine with that i will cheer them on i love the bills!!!

but with EJ not being able to beat out orton as an argument. when we all agree coach marrone was a fool. u cant argue that both ways. if marrone was a fool in your opinion then all his decisions should be questioned.

there will never be a moment where i think orton was a better overall option then EJ. there will never a point where i think edwards was a better option then losman. and there will not be a point where i think flutie was a better option then johnson.

however all this being said in ALLLLLLLL those circumstances and our CURRENT circumstance the QBs are all subpar.

and to people questioning mine or other peoples football knowledge is laughable. your not a coach and neither am i. but ive had sunday ticket for more then 20 years and seen my fair share of excellent qb play. ive also seen the bills offensive schemes and qbs our brass has chosen. we basically havent run a real nfl offense for a real long time. i guess gailey and fitz where nfl level sort of. but before that we have to go back to the mularky era.

2. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (08-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    That's probably our biggest area of disagreement.

I refuse to throw the towel in on an entire season for the sake of coddling one quarterback. We were damn close to being a playoff team and enjoyed our first winning season in over a decade. We fell just short but it was the right thing to do.

EJ Manuel, as we all knew, was and is a project. There was no need to let him start in season two, especially after his confidence was shattered and his accuracy was in complete ruins after only 4 short games.

The kid wasn't ready.

Football is about playing to win now unless you're in full-on rebuilding mode, which we were not last season.
    and see this is where OUR franchises true problems lay nobody has been willing to coddle a qb here EVER. even when we **** the bed post RJ/flutie era we have never taken our lumps to truly let a guy learn.

that being said we havent been smart with our picks either or we had bad luck 4th pick becomes mike williams(useless) and no qb to pick at that spot. we get the 8th pick draft whitner once again no qb worth taking. the dareus year(ok thank god hes a stud) once again no qb to take.

we have refused to take our lumps and for the 20th years in a row we dont have a true unquestioned #1 qb

4. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (08-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    look this year there may be better options then EJ and im 100000000% fine with that i will cheer them on i love the bills!!!

but with EJ not being able to beat out orton as an argument. when we all agree coach marrone was a fool. u cant argue that both ways. if marrone was a fool in your opinion then all his decisions should be questioned.

there will never be a moment where i think orton was a better overall option then EJ. there will never a point where i think edwards was a better option then losman. and there will not be a point where i think flutie was a better option then johnson.

however all this being said in ALLLLLLLL those circumstances and our CURRENT circumstance the QBs are all subpar.

and to people questioning mine or other peoples football knowledge is laughable. your not a coach and neither am i. but ive had sunday ticket for more then 20 years and seen my fair share of excellent qb play. ive also seen the bills offensive schemes and qbs our brass has chosen. we basically havent run a real nfl offense for a real long time. i guess gailey and fitz where nfl level sort of. but before that we have to go back to the mularky era.

You have clearly made up your mind and you don't want to be confused by the facts.
    Please Make Sense

6. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (08-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You have clearly made up your mind and you don't want to be confused by the facts.
    if facts are ortons and ejs #s from last year
    come on orton 15 year journeyman nothing about him above average.

EJ who was 2-2 and to me 2-2 or 7-5 the win% is roughly the same.

the numbers between the qbs were not that different orton was completely one dimensional qb EJ is what he is a raw piece of clay with attributes. and a chance to run a real playbook(physically yes mentally not yet) i take the gamble on the young guy

the problem was the coach. and like ive said we might have better options this year then orton or EJ and id be fine with that.

and how about this lets not talk orton anymore please. :) no one and i mean no one 3 years from now will ever reminisce about the bills 12 games with uncle rico