Thread: 38 Sacks In 3 Seasons, Mario Williams Is Quietly Leading The Bills Defense

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

38 Sacks In 3 Seasons, Mario Williams Is Quietly Leading The Bills Defense

Mario Williams is an elite NFL player, but I think a lot of Bills fans are reluctant to give him such credit for unknown reasons.

Mario Williams is only 30 years old, entering his prime as a defensive player in the NFL.

He's not a media darling. He doesn't like to talk much. Mario Williams rarely gives an interview.

He's not charismatic on the outside of his shell. He doesn't like the camera. He hates the attention.

Mario Williams is the complete opposite of most NFL players that desire the attention and media hype.

He is one of the best defensive players in the game today, but you'll never hear about it or see his face on a box of Wheaties.

Super low key Mario Williams has quietly amassed 38 sacks since he signed with the Buffalo Bills on that unusually warm March day back in 2012.

So why are fans so quiet about him?

Fool's gold, or real gold that just doesn't like to draw attention to himself?

Super Mario is on track to become one of the best defensive players of all-time and is destined to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame as a Buffalo Bill.

He signed a $100 million contract. He likes to have a refrigerator in his locker. He doesn't do commericals, he doesn't like talking to the media, and he's not full of himself like so many other NFL players are.

Mario Williams gets less respect and credit than he deserves, mainly because he's not an attention craving whore, and he likes living in WNY where it's quiet and peaceful compared to so many other NFL cities.

Mario Williams is the embodiment of Buffalo.

Low key, humble, respectful, and great.

2. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (08-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 38 Sacks In 3 Seasons, Mario Williams Is Quietly Leading The Bills Defense

My wife said he is hot. I think he's great, but not hot. Because i'm not gay. I mean... he is a very good looking man and all but...
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

4. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-29-2015),Famous Amos (08-29-2015),Mace (08-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 3,572 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Great player on the field and great person off of it.

6. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-29-2015),Jimkelly12203 (08-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    totally agree.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    My wife said he is hot. I think he's great, but not hot. Because i'm not gay. I mean... he is a very good looking man and all but...
    I bet a massage will gay you up....

9. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-29-2015),Jimkelly12203 (08-29-2015),Meathead (08-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've heard he's fools gold.

11. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The only thing I didn't like about him was in his first year here, he complained to the refs about an o-lineman hitting him or something, which made him look like a big pussy. When that http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...efs-after-loss happened, I was having some serious doubts whether we got a legit superstar. Glad I was wrong!

Since then, watching him, he gets held an awful lot by o-linemen, many times going unflagged. It's not fair he doesn't get any respect from the refs, just because he's fast and powerful doesn't mean the refs should pick and choose which hold they'll call. Call it everytime!
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

13. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-29-2015),Jimkelly12203 (08-29-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

yeah but i like how he responded after that. rewatching that game on dvr you can clearly see how the olineman kept shoving his hand in fools golds face over and over again, but the refs wouldnt listen to him. so obviously other olinemen were going to try it and the next time it happened he just started jamming the olineman right back in the face, over and over again. the refs finally got the message and started calling it on both guys so that was that
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

15. Post thanked by:

Famous Amos (08-29-2015),Jimkelly12203 (08-29-2015),The last buffalo fan (08-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Amos View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about him was in his first year here, he complained to the refs about an o-lineman hitting him or something, which made him look like a big pussy. When that http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...efs-after-loss happened, I was having some serious doubts whether we got a legit superstar. Glad I was wrong!

Since then, watching him, he gets held an awful lot by o-linemen, many times going unflagged. It's not fair he doesn't get any respect from the refs, just because he's fast and powerful doesn't mean the refs should pick and choose which hold they'll call. Call it everytime!
    Totally dude. It's the same as the way the NBA refs treated Shaq. Shaq would get positively clobbered and just because he's huge, they didn't call the foul half the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    It was odd actually seeing him interviewed in last week's game. As good as he is he's never been one of the perceived leaders of the team than again Bruce wasn't much of a leader either but he was more vocal than Mario's been.

18. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wish he were more dominant especially at the price he's being paid.

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mario value is greater than the 38 sacks
    Before his arrival the Bills D Line was one of the worst,
    Now they are one of the Best

Before then couldn't get sacks
    Now they lead the league in sacks

Its been a DLine renaissance in part due to Mario. His presence definitely helps out the other lineman makes this unit one of the NFL's most dominant.
    Please Make Sense

22. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-29-2015),Goobylal (08-29-2015)