Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: it's time to stop d***ing around...

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it's time to stop d***ing around...

Name Tyrod "the Terminator" Taylor the damn starter already and start giving him reps with the starting WR corps and backs. If they weren't all banged up because of being overworked to get extra looks at all three qbs with the starters, He probably would have had about 13 points on the board with the offense at his command.

This offense moves with him, regardless of who we put in there with him. I say the argument is over. It's time to cut the BS and name him the starter so we can actually use our third preseason game as it is supposed to be used - as the tune-up game for the regular season.

If they don't name him the starter, I'm officially calling for Rex's head already. PERIOD.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

2. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-21-2015),BuffaloRedleg (08-21-2015),Jimkelly12203 (08-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: it's time to stop d***ing around...

Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Name Tyrod "the Terminator" Taylor the damn starter already and start giving him reps with the starting WR corps and backs. If they weren't all banged up because of being overworked to get extra looks at all three qbs with the starters, He probably would have had about 13 points on the board with the offense at his command.

This offense moves with him, regardless of who we put in there with him. I say the argument is over. It's time to cut the BS and name him the starter so we can actually use our third preseason game as it is supposed to be used - as the tune-up game for the regular season.

If they don't name him the starter, I'm officially calling for Rex's head already. PERIOD.
    Tyrod took a sack that cost us 3 points. It might not seem like a big deal but it is if you're looking to play mistake free football. Tyrod played well and convinced me he should now be in discussion to be our possible starter yet I'm not ready to hand him the ball to start as asking a guy with zero NFL starts and hasn't been over the top great passing the ball in two preseaons games is tough pill to swallow. He played much better tonight than he did against Carolina but still think Cassel might be the better thrower at this point.

4. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (08-20-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh give me a break. That defense would have been gashed and playing scared if we have some starters. Point is, we posessed the ball for over half of the first quarter with Tyrod under center. You have to be blind and biased to not see this offense is most potent with Tyrod under center.

6. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-21-2015),BuffaloRedleg (08-21-2015),Novacane (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh give me a break. That defense would have been gashed and playing scared if we have some starters. Point is, we posessed the ball for over half of the first quarter with Tyrod under center. You have to be blind and biased to not see this offense is most potent with Tyrod under center.
    The Browns were banged up in the secondary too, are you forgetting they didn't have their Pro Bowl CB Hayden or FS Tashaun Gipson out there? Toss in their nickel back (albeit he's horrible) Gilbert too?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He took a BAD sack. And he better learn from it. But he's the guy as far as i'm concerned.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    He took a BAD sack. And he better learn from it. But he's the guy as far as i'm concerned.
    If you've ever played QB, you'd know rolling right, you can't see guys peeling from the left. He set his feet and the guy's on him. He had zero time to throw the ball away. This is after standing tall and converting three straight contested 3rd down passes.

He didn't miss the FG, and neither will Carp 90% of the time.

10. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-21-2015),ublinkwescore (08-20-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    If you've ever played QB, you'd know rolling right, you can't see guys peeling from the left. He set his feet and the guy's on him. He had zero time to throw the ball away. This is after standing tall and converting three straight contested 3rd down passes.

You're preaching to the choir brother. he nailed it.

But if we want to be perfectionists that was a sack we can't afford to take.

No doubt the dude was solid yet again.

He's my guy.

12. Post thanked by:

Oaf (08-25-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post

Any FG that is more than 45 yards should be considered a 50/50 shot even with Carp. Also small red flag is Tyrod's struggles passing in the red zone.

- - - Updated - - -

You're preaching to the choir brother. he nailed it.

But if we want to be perfectionists that was a sack we can't afford to take.

No doubt the dude was solid yet again.

He's my guy.
    He was solid but not great, that's why I say Cassel still is in the discussion.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the Tyrod love comes from homers desperate to convince themselves that the team is making the playoffs rather than facing reality this early.

Don't get me wrong- he's probably the best shot we have. But it's still not much of a shot.

16. Post thanked by:

coastal (08-21-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's 0-3 passing inside the 20 this preseason. Calling it chirping but it is a concern as teams might start putting 8 in the box inside the 20 and say what you want but being a poor team in the red zone is a big concern for this team the last two seasons.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    the Tyrod love comes from homers desperate to convince themselves that the team is making the playoffs rather than facing reality this early.

Don't get me wrong- he's probably the best shot we have. But it's still not much of a shot.
    have you seen the guy play yet? or the offense with him under center yet? he does more than just scramble for nice chunks of yards. Just saying. And like I said - when was the last time we have put together a drive that consumed over a half of a quarter?

19. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-21-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And for the record, I know this is only preseason, and this may or may not transfer over to the regular season. but for now, yes, I am optimistic. when September 13th gets here, I don't really know what to expect, but I hope some of this translates over to the regular season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'll trash any person or player associated with this team tomorrow if it is warranted. No homerism here. I expect the worst. I've been conditioned to just like all of you.

That doesn't change the fact that Tyrod Taylor is (easily) the best option at QB for this ultra talented roster.

Taylor is our best QB. Until he is not. For now, i think he's the no-brainer. Could my opinion change after two regular season weeks of crap play?

Abso-freaking-lutely.

That's the great part about being a fan. You can change your convictions week to week.

Most NFL coaches don't have that luxury. But Rex and Roman don't have to worry about being fired. They're still in the honey-moon phase of life here and hopefully T-pegs is more like the Steeler's ownership than he is like the Cowboys (people need time to implement their plan, no more of this 3 years and out BS).

All the more reason why it should be Tyrod. Think big. Aim high. Mediocrity won't do you **** in this league unless you're coaching for your job. Our coaches are not. At least not yet.

There's an "it" factor with Taylor.

I was pretty confident that i saw enough to name Tyrod after last week. After this week with a skeleton crew at the skill positions, i'm absolutely putting all my chips in.

It's Taylor time baby and i love it. I'll literally be SHOCKED if he's not named the starter.
    Last edited by Jimkelly12203; 08-20-2015 at 10:26 PM.

22. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-21-2015),ublinkwescore (08-20-2015),USC_Gamecock (08-21-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

have you seen the guy play yet? or the offense with him under center yet? he does more than just scramble for nice chunks of yards. Just saying. And like I said - when was the last time we have put together a drive that consumed over a half of a quarter?
    I saw him play in the first game. I missed the first half of the Browns game so I didn't see him there. His scrambling ability is phenomenal and he seems to keep his eyes downfield, but he's one read and then it's all legs. And he's undersized so that's not a sustainable situation. He can't go through the progressions.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'll trash any person or player associated with this team tomorrow if it is warranted. No homerism here. I expect the worst. I've been conditioned to just like all of you.

That doesn't change the fact that Tyrod Taylor is (easily) the best option at QB for this ultra talented roster.

Taylor is our best QB. Until he is not. For now, i think he's the no-brainer. Could my opinion change after two regular season weeks of crap play?

Abso-freaking-lutely.

That's the great part about being a fan. You can change your convictions week to week.

Most NFL coaches don't have that luxury. But Rex and Roman don't have to worry about being fired. They're still in the honey-moon phase of life here and hopefully T-pegs is more like the Steeler's ownership than he is like the Cowboys (people need time to implement their plan, no more of this 3 years and out BS).

All the more reason why it should be Tyrod. Think big. Aim high. Mediocrity won't do you **** in this league unless you're coaching for your job. Our coaches are not. At least not yet.

There's an "it" factor with Taylor.

I was pretty confident that i saw enough to name Tyrod after last week. After this week with a skeleton crew at the skill positions, i'm absolutely putting all my chips in.

It's Taylor time baby and i love it. I'll literally be SHOCKED if he's not named the starter.
    See my previous comments. At this point, I agree that he seems like the best shot. I just don't think it's much of a shot.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe, with a little experience he learns to utilize 2nd and 3rd options and becomes a legit starter. But right now, that's not who he is. If his first option is covered, he scrambles. Given his athleticism, that will result in some spectacular plays. But given the fact that this is the NFL and there is a lot of athleticism on opposing D's, it will result in negative plays, big hits, and eventually an injury.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I saw him play in the first game. I missed the first half of the Browns game so I didn't see him there. His scrambling ability is phenomenal and he seems to keep his eyes downfield, but he's one read and then it's all legs. And he's undersized so that's not a sustainable situation. He can't go through the progressions.
    This is such a bull**** argument. Russell Wilson is undersized, too. He's still the guy under center for the 2-time defending NFC Champions. Durability has not been a concern for him.

26. Post thanked by:

Novacane (08-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This team is fuct.

No QB, no playoffs.

And we have no QB.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dink, dunk, read option run was the first half offense...

He did exactly what people blasted Cassel for last week throwing the ball, and now people want to anoint Taylor the starter? And he did that while Cleveland's best corner didn't even play.

He showed absolutely nothing that he won the QB job. Hell, EJ Manuel outperformed him last night.

29. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (08-21-2015),swiper (08-21-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Dink, dunk, read option run was the first half offense...

He did exactly what people blasted Cassel for last week throwing the ball, and now people want to anoint Taylor the starter? And he did that while Cleveland's best corner didn't even play.

He showed absolutely nothing that he won the QB job. Hell, EJ Manuel outperformed him last night.
    AGAIN!

31. Post thanked by:

better days (08-21-2015),djjimkelly (08-21-2015)