X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimkelly12203
    • Jun 2015

Re: Why didn't we keep Chandler as TE2?

3rd and 16 and the Bills are in a deep hole now. They need this first down or the game will quickly slip away. The ball is snapped, (name your horrible Bills QB of the past) drops back, the ball is in the air, and CHANDLER CATCHES THE PASS 20 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD! HE'S AT THE 40, THE 45, 50!!! NOW HES IN OPPOSING TERRITORY!!!!! OH ****! THE BALL CAME OUT (name your pesky small DB) JUST CAME IN THERE AND PUNCHED IT OUT. The Bills are really going to need a miracle now with only xxx left in the 4th.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
      If Chandler sucks, you must be smarter than the Patriots FO who were glad to scoop him up. And if that statement is true, I'd like to hear your language on TEs behind Clay..
      Chandler as a starting TE is subpar, as a back up he's average or maybe above average. That said the first video on his wife's twitter account is cute https://twitter.com/AlissaChandler/media
      Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-29-2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• starrymessenger
        • Oct 2009

Hardly a fit for Romans offence. A better fit in NE. He should have a good year with Brady throwing him the ball. Belly and Josh will get the best out of him. it is what it is.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

and wasnt chandlers open field big play fumble right after stevies open field big play fumble so it hurt twice as much but you would think he woulda been two arming it at that point
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

I wanted Stevie gone IMMEDIATELY following that game. Chandler not so much because he hasn't made as many boneheaded plays that have cost us games. And whoever was behind yhe toronto series, needs to be banned from football for life.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

If Chandler sucks, you must be smarter than the Patriots FO who were glad to scoop him up. And if that statement is true, I'd like to hear your language on TEs behind Clay..
              Patriots are smart enough to use him as a #2. We were stupid and used him as a #1 and it didn't work.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Patriots are smart enough to use him as a #2. We were stupid and used him as a #1 and it didn't work.
                Aaaaand we are smart enough to not use him as a #2 after signing Clay?

I agree with some of the other comments...it's not a great loss because of the money and lack of blocking ability, but we still don't have a #2 guy better than him, or more capable of filling in when Clay gets dinged. I still say he will post career-best numbers this season. (Speaking of that, I know Mace is one, but I have to find that thread and figure out who the other poster is that I have the bet with).
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

We've got Clay and … ? Plus we're one injury away from probably the worst TE corps.

Not our most pressing issue, but I thought a good break vs all the QB stuff.
                  what team in the NFL isn't one injury away from the worst TE corp in the NFL? I don't know if you knew this but there aren't many stud tight ends in the NFL.
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Aaaaand we are smart enough to not use him as a #2 after signing Clay?

I agree with some of the other comments...it's not a great loss because of the money and lack of blocking ability, but we still don't have a #2 guy better than him, or more capable of filling in when Clay gets dinged. I still say he will post career-best numbers this season. (Speaking of that, I know Mace is one, but I have to find that thread and figure out who the other poster is that I have the bet with).
                    But we are right up against the cap and couldn't afford Chandler and Clay so it becomes a philosophical debate. What's better: having a really good starter and crappy back ups or having a sub par starter with back-ups that are less of a drop off?

The answer is probably situational but we've been going the sub-par starter route at TE since the Metzalaars/McKellar days and it hasn't worked. We can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

We've got Clay and … ? Plus we're one injury away from probably the worst TE corps.

Not our most pressing issue, but I thought a good break vs all the QB stuff.
                      Because he sucks.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                        Because he sucks.
                        You wish he would.

Comment

Working...
                        X