X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimkelly12203
    • Jun 2015

Re: Darby sucks!!!!

You know who else sucked as a rookie? D. Revis. I remember when Trent Edwards torched Revis in his rookie year. He just tore the dude apart.

Rex is putting these guys in horrible situations for a reason. In meaningless games, you have to test your players. Especially your DBs in a scheme that relies so heavily on them doing their job without help.

That being said, am i worried about the DB situation? Yes. Do i think Darby is a bust? Ridiculous to make that determination right now.

The two calls against him were absolute bull ****.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

He sucks!

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        He doesn't suck. He's a rookie. Rex said again today that they've intentionally put him out on an island to test him. They won't do that in regular season.
        So he's the guy that will prevent us from running our scheme? The bottom line is that he's way too inexperienced to be a starter. Unfortunately for us, he's the 2nd best CB we currently have and that's not saying much considering Gilmore is made of glass.

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

Darby will get help from roll over coverages with over the top safety help. That's the plan anyway. Gilmore is on his own and all coverages go the other way. it will fine.

Comment

• GvilleBills
            • Mar 2006

I didn't like the pick when it was made, more because the person not the position, but it's way too early to be flinging the bust label around.

I am concerned about our corners though...
            Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Please people. I've watched many a rookie come into our secondary, this kid should not be on the field.

He's a liability and QBs will be going to him every play.

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Losman/Evans burned Revis for an 85-yarder in '07. Revis had good coverage and nearly got the pick but the safety got his fat ass in the way and they basically took each other out. 15 seconds of excitement bookended by 59:45 of crap. Revis got a pick off of Tred before he went down and was replaced by Losman.

Darby ain't no Revis. Neither should he be cut.

Last edited by gebobs; 08-30-2015, 01:25 PM.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                  Losman/Evans burned Revis for an 85-yarder in '07. Revis had good coverage and nearly got the pick but the safety got his fat ass in the way and they basically took each other out. 15 seconds of excitement bookended by 59:45 of crap. Revis got a pick off of Tred before he went down and was replaced by Losman.

Darby ain't no Revis. Neither should he be cut.

Thanks for posting this. It's the play I had in mind when I said how I was impressed with Revis's coverage of Evans. I
                  remembered he was beaten but that the result was a fluke that took nothing away from Revis (with kudos to Evans for being heads up). There may have been another where Evans caught a ball that bounced off Revis's shoulders but where again the coverage was I thought the best I'd ever seen.

Comment

• emoulds80
                    Veteran Zoner
                    • Apr 2015

relax lol

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

Trial by fire, I like the approach. Don't worry, this dude will improve.

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Tim Jennings cut by Bears today. Might be worth a look if McKelvin still going to be a while.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21 View Post
                          Yea he's been awful 2/3 preseason games McLovin can't get back soon enough. What's the word on him to date?
                          Last report was he would go to PUP and come back around Week 6. We'll likely know in the next few days with a roster cut down coming.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Darby's issues aren't going to be fixed simply by rolling a safety over top. He's not bad in coverage, where he struggles is turning his head and locating the ball. It plagued him at FSU and has plagued him thus far in the NFL. If Darby turned his head and located the ball he could of been a Top 15 pick. He's actually not a bad tackler, though that whiff was just ugly, he closes strong and can hit. The biggest question I had about Darby was does he need to be in more of a zone coverage scheme where everything stays in front of him as opposed to a man scheme where he has to turn and run?

Henderson will need to work some magic with him to get him ready to play outside full time. It may take a few years like it did with McKelvin. McKelvin had the exact same problem coming out of Troy.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kishoph
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              Last report was he would go to PUP and come back around Week 6. We'll likely know in the next few days with a roster cut down coming.

This would suck, McKelvin has turned into a solid corner IMO. There's depth with the DB's, but quality depth, I'm not sure.
                              I think Darby has a lot of raw talent, once he learns better technique and gets a little tougher, he'll be alright (I hope). His size is a little concerning, with some of today's big receivers, he's really at a disadvantage if he's locked up one on one.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                                Darby's issues aren't going to be fixed simply by rolling a safety over top. He's not bad in coverage, where he struggles is turning his head and locating the ball. It plagued him at FSU and has plagued him thus far in the NFL. If Darby turned his head and located the ball he could of been a Top 15 pick. He's actually not a bad tackler, though that whiff was just ugly, he closes strong and can hit. The biggest question I had about Darby was does he need to be in more of a zone coverage scheme where everything stays in front of him as opposed to a man scheme where he has to turn and run?

Henderson will need to work some magic with him to get him ready to play outside full time. It may take a few years like it did with McKelvin. McKelvin had the exact same problem coming out of Troy.
                                Good post!

Comment

Working...
                                X