Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK. I'm sold. It's Tyrod.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: OK. I'm sold. It's Tyrod.

I would keep all three QBs no question. and i would start TT week one.

I'd be inclined to keep Cassel because he can run the offense (albeit unspectacularly).

As for EJ. Well... look. I think the problems with him are well documented. But he's played very well. I don't know if his accuracy issues can be cleaned up or not. But man if they could be...

I'll say this much, he's definitely getting better. And you don't dump a high draft pick with his upside who is getting noticeably better.

EJ isn't going to start this year. But who knows down the line? And if TT does go down (it would be inconceivable IMO for anyone other than TT to be the starter at this point) then i'm not so sure i wouldn't want EJ to be the next man in.

We are going to lose our starter at some point this year. Hopefully not for too long, but the back-up is going to have to start a game or two or possibly more. If that guy is EJ i'm ok with that. Especially since, if he sucks ass and plays erratically, we can always go to old, reliable, unspectacular Cassel.

Our QB situation is nowhere near as dire as i thought. They're all playing really well because we have a legitimate OC for once.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (08-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    Why?
    Because, unlike Mario, EJ actually is fool's gold. He had no pressure on the throws he made today, and most of the time the receivers were wide open.

Granted, there were some good throws, but there will always be more bad ones with him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've been on Tyrod bandwagon since he signed. And he has not disappointed me. Great job by all 4 QBs last night.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone who rejects EJ out of hand is an idiot.

Cassel is the weakest and most boring QB of the three. Tyron is exciting for sure, but I think he will struggle when the regular season starts and opposing coaches get serious.

Manuel has improved considerably and may grow into a viable long term QB yet. He certainly has shown great promise this pre-season and last night was a masterpiece in the type of play this team has been yearning for for over 15 years. He too, will struggle at times in the regular season.

At this point, I have no clue who Rex will pick as the starter, and have no preference to whom that is, except Cassel. I still think he's a carbon copy of Orton and his days of starter material is effectively over.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,393 Times in 7,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'll jump in here and not say anything because I didn't see the game.

Don't let that stop you!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Because, unlike Mario, EJ actually is fool's gold. He had no pressure on the throws he made today, and most of the time the receivers were wide open.

Granted, there were some good throws, but there will always be more bad ones with him.
    Why not say that in your first post, instead of cursing a guy that is trying and improving. Now I can disagree with your opinion, EJ has been better, with or without pressure. IMO.

I think TT will start the year, but I can see EJ Manuel being the starter at some point in the season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    Why not say that in your first post, instead of cursing a guy that is trying and improving. Now I can disagree with your opinion, EJ has been better, with or without pressure. IMO.

I think TT will start the year, but I can see EJ Manuel being the starter at some point in the season.
    I'll tell you exactly why. Just as I have posted here 1,000 times, I have nothing against EJ the person. I ****ing HATE EJ the situation. The false belief in him by Doug Whaley has kept this franchise from even drafting one QB in any round, even though we have clearly had the worst QB situation in the NFL.

Instead of packaging first rounders to move up and draft a QB, Whaley sets the franchise back by bundling #1s for a WR TO HELP EJ. Unfreakingbelievable. (BTW, that WR looks more and more like a talented China Doll who will miss as many games as he plays).

Tyrod has looked good, and as I said, I believe he has clearly won the job, but the bar was as low as it gets. The QB situation still very likely sucks balls.

So, yeah, like I said, **** EJ.
    Last edited by WagonCircler; 08-30-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I'll tell you exactly why. Just as I have posted here 1,000 times, I have nothing against EJ the person. I ****ing HATE EJ the situation. The false belief in him by Doug Whaley has kept this franchise from even drafting one QB in any round, even though we have clearly had the worst QB situation in the NFL.

Instead of packaging first rounders to move up and draft a QB, Whaley sets the franchise back by bundling #1s for a WR TO HELP EJ. Unfreakingbelievable. (BTW, that WR looks more and more like a talented China Doll who will miss as many games as he plays).

Tyrod has looked good, and as I said, I believe he has clearly won the job, but the bar was as low as it gets. The QB situation still very likely sucks balls.

So, yeah, like I said, **** EJ.
    sometimes the light comes on for qbs, many times it doesnt. raw talent was never ejs issue, his mental ability to read defenses quickly and make very quick decisions on the spot was. he may have overcomed that, and if he has, he has as much raw ability of any qb in the league. we shall see.... its just preseason

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Anyone who rejects EJ out of hand is an idiot.

Cassel is the weakest and most boring QB of the three. Tyron is exciting for sure, but I think he will struggle when the regular season starts and opposing coaches get serious.

Manuel has improved considerably and may grow into a viable long term QB yet. He certainly has shown great promise this pre-season and last night was a masterpiece in the type of play this team has been yearning for for over 15 years. He too, will struggle at times in the regular season.

At this point, I have no clue who Rex will pick as the starter, and have no preference to whom that is, except Cassel. I still think he's a carbon copy of Orton and his days of starter material is effectively over.
    Orton with a better coaching staff,better OL and better running game and we'd most likely be in the wild card last year especially if he made it to camp.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by emoulds80 View Post
    sometimes the light comes on for qbs, many times it doesnt. raw talent was never ejs issue, his mental ability to read defenses quickly and make very quick decisions on the spot was. he may have overcomed that, and if he has, he has as much raw ability of any qb in the league. we shall see.... its just preseason
    Those QBs for whom the light comes on never have the type of problem EJ has. And raw talent absolutely IS the issue. Mechanics and accuracy are just as much a talent as arm strength or athleticism. His mental ability to read and analyze defenses and to make good decisions will not improve, simply because he has such a struggle with mechanics. He always has, and he still has the exact same problems that he had at FSU. It's very well documented.

In order to be able to grasp the mental aspect of the game, the mechanics need to be second nature, and they will never be second nature for EJ, or they would have by now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Orton with a better coaching staff,better OL and better running game and we'd most likely be in the wild card last year especially if he made it to camp.
    And Orton was plucked off of his retirement La-Z-boy. Any decent QB could have gotten us to the wild card game, even with Marrone.