Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Bills Release Fred Jackson

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Release Fred Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    If Fred wants to get carries and still be the feature back, he'll go to Cleveland. Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell won't stop that.

If Fred wants to actually win, he'll end up somewhere like New England or Dallas - just two teams I've heard have interest in him.

Fred's already toiled in football hell for 9 years, why go to another team and do it again?
    He might also want to try Tennessee as their backfield isn't that great.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I love FJ as much as anyone. No way I'm rooting for him if he becomes a cheater. No way in hell.
    I'm just saying...

If there's room on our roster for Jordan Gay and not Fred Jackson, then **** it, maybe there's a reason the Pats continually tally up rings while we tally up losing seasons?

Because what we did today was bush league -- and deep down -- I think everyone here knows it, whether they're willing to admit it or not.

I hope F-Jax goes to a winner and gets his ring ala Don Beebe back in 97.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 08-31-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

3. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (08-31-2015),Mace (08-31-2015),Mr. Cynical (08-31-2015),senseofdoom (09-01-2015),Victor7 (08-31-2015),YardRat (08-31-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Last edited by Famous Amos; 08-31-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Freddy was the heart of this offense. God bless him. I think the organization is making a mistake with this release but we have no control over it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm wondering if there's more to the story that we just don't know yet. Like, did Fred kill Whaley's dog? Drive over his Big Wheel? It's not the $, and I don't think it's his ability. Something smells.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,488 Times in 9,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    I'm just saying...

If there's room on our roster for Jordan Gay and not Fred Jackson, then **** it, maybe there's a reason the Pats continually tally up rings while we tally up losing seasons?
    Honestly yeah, character and people buying into "team" under Belichicks iron, but proven and impartial fist.

I suppose my biggest concern is why they were in such a rush to get rid of him before the season and first round of cuts. I don't really see the leadership standard they're meaning to put in place under Ryan. They're brought in a bunch of "issue" players. I can't really see how a big mean guy like Karlos Williams couldn't have learned a few things about playing fierce with discipline from Jackson, or how Jackson wouldn't have had the chops to mitigate McCoy's ever running mouth with all the painful tough yards he's earned.

For all the love I have for the Bills teams of the 90's, they always ended up lacking something fundamental in the crunch at the big dance. I just don't think the teams that destroyed them were that much more skilled and talented. You can have the most talented team in the world, but it comes down to character and discipline.

It's just my opinion, but I think it goes past Jackson, Pegula/Ryan/Whaley are assembling a shooting star that will burn bright as far as Ryan's initial leadership takes them, then shortly dissolve into a wave of problems, issues, fights and arguments that crumbles them sure as the Jets became a circus.

Like I say, to me it's not really all about Jackson, but a smelly iffy, standard they hurry to embrace like they're immune to the obvious. For such a nice guy, Pegula really seems to like to swim in dirty water with his franchises.

Maybe it pays off with championships, I don't know. I'm sure getting the feeling though the Buffalo franchises are heading back into heartbreaking could'ves should'ves and would'ves before starting over yet again.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fred Jackson got shot by the cap hit drive by.

Too much money for a 3rd string running back, simple as that.

Karlos Williams was better than Jackson in training camp and he's 12 years younger.

For those who like to mourn, get out your tissues.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,518 Times in 17,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Roster health is the only issue I have with this.

We have enough solid RB's on the team to let a 34 year old vet go. If he was even 30 I would call this move stupid.

It's not going to be a fan favorite but it's a solid football move.
    Fred Jackson is still a better RB than Brown, Dixon and Williams. 'Football move' is the absolute worst rationalization anybody could attempt to use to justify the cut.

Ryan better plan on keeping all three QB's, and Simms on the PS, because chances are two of them are going to get killed on a failed blitz pick-up.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

11. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-31-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Fred Jackson got shot by the cap hit drive by.

Too much money for a 3rd string running back, simple as that.

Karlos Williams was better than Jackson in training camp and he's 12 years younger.
    2.35 million for 2015. That's worth John Connor, Matthew Mulligan, Bryce Brown, Matt Simms and IK Enempkpali in the first round of cuts and let's be honest, none of them are going to come up in the crunch memorably.

13. Post thanked by:

YardRat (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Fred's still nursing that hamstring and he and the trainers and coaching staff are not in agreement as to his recovery time. And being 34, well...
    That being said I still think he can play injured pretty well. But is that what you want.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    I think Fred's still nursing that hamstring and he and the trainers and coaching staff are not in agreement as to his recovery time. And being 34, well...
    That being said I still think he can play injured pretty well. But is that what you want.
    I dunno. After watching a nature made fish oil commercial I found a highlight of his Pittsburgh 41 yard run and it didn't look like an old running back running on a bad hamstring. From what I remember of backs running on bad hamstrings they never make it far past 10 yards and falling down with one leg not working real well.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

id love it if freddy retired tbh. thats one guaranteed way to end a bill. but of course im not expecting it. what i am expecting is that he gets picked up, has impressive spot duty for a spell, then pulls something and isnt available. sad but true. thats what the coaches dont want to roll the dice on

i hope he gets to pass a few more final milestones in however remaining games he can contribute. the ultimate cool would be for him to just retire then unretire later in the season to get those records with the bills and go to the playoffs with them. and then morgan fairchild would marry me and give me two babies. yeah thats the ticket
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    id love it if freddy retired tbh. thats one guaranteed way to end a bill. but of course im not expecting it. what i am expecting is that he gets picked up, has impressive spot duty for a spell, then pulls something and isnt available. sad but true. thats what the coaches dont want to roll the dice on

i hope he gets to pass a few more final milestones in however remaining games he can contribute. the ultimate cool would be for him to just retire then unretire later in the season to get those records with the bills and go to the playoffs with them. and then morgan fairchild would marry me and give me two babies. yeah thats the ticket
    You do realize he caught 66 passes last year, more than Watkins or Woods, with the stiff arm play ? That's sort of productive ?

I sort of get the idea people are thinking the name is old news and get tired of hearing it without actually paying attention to the games.
    Last edited by Mace; 08-31-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd like to hear Paladin Warrior's thoughts on all this.

19. Post thanked by:

feldspar (08-31-2015),Mr. Pink (09-01-2015),YardRat (09-01-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

definitely true that freddie has broken the mold a bunch of times, including leading his team in recepts and rushing yds and being an all around awesome guy. but even his mold eventually has to be broken. at this point every season, every game could be his last. coaches are saying they dont want to take that risk this time. i can understand that

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

definitely true that freddie has broken the mold a bunch of times, including leading his team in recepts and rushing yds and being an all around awesome guy. but even his mold eventually has to be broken. at this point every season, every game could be his last. coaches are saying they dont want to take that risk this time. i can understand that
    Same thing. 66 receptions last year. You'd think a Roman offense would want a back who can catch dumpoffs yeah ?

Here's a list : http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by...gory=Receiving

One back caught more passes unless I missed someone. One. It wasn't anyone we have on our roster. Jackson caught more passes than Larry Fitzgerald. Last year. The stiff arm year. Kind of productive you think ? You weren't paying attention. The 41 yd run showed you he lost a step last week.

You're trying too hard to pretend to be controversial.

So is he worse with 66 catches last year and the stiff arm play, than Bryce Brown, Boobie Dixon or John Connor atm when you mean to make it all about winning games ? How do you figure ?

22. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (09-01-2015),TacklingDummy (09-01-2015)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Same thing. 66 receptions last year. You'd think a Roman offense would want a back who can catch dumpoffs yeah ?
    Not really. Roman doesn't throw many passes to the backs. In 4 years as San Francisco's OC, they were barely used that way. In 2014, for example, the Bills targeted 145 passes to backs and 90 to Fred. San Francisco targeted 64 to all their backs combined. Frank Gore only had 113 passes thrown his way the whole 4 years Roman was coaching him.

Just look at our own offense this year. Of our 62 completions, only 9 have gone to backs. Fred Jackson had 13 catches alone in the last preseason.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As much as I hate to see it, God forbid a back get injured.. love to see FJ back in the fold a la Moorman.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,893 Times in 4,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Every year Bills fans hated on Fred, gave him no respect, and he always proved he was the best running back on the roster.

26. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (09-01-2015),swiper (09-01-2015)