• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TakingItuptheChin
    Zoner
    • Aug 2014

Re: Rumor: Matt Cassel Is Going To Get Cut Next, Percy Harvin Too

EJ will be cut and Cassel as backup to Taylor. We all know Taylor will be injured with a pulled hamstring, blowout knee, separated shoulder or busted throwing hand. Good thing we have a good backup in Cassel.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
      If Taylor has a great year and takes the Bills to the playoffs, he's going to demand a huge new contract and that is a fact of life in America, not Montreal.
      If this is the case he deserves to be paid for sure. But I am not sure the words huge come to mind after one season starting in the NFL.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Zoneblitser
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        Not for next year (2016) it does not....

The most interesting piece of the contract, also tied to Taylor's playing time, is a voidable clause. If Taylor plays in over 50 percent of the Bills' plays in either 2015 or 2016, and remains on the roster five days following the 2016 Super Bowl, the third year of the contract voids. This clause would allow, if he received significant playing time in either 2015 or 2016, Taylor to become a free agent for 2017.

Tyrod Taylor has a very modest contract with the Buffalo Bills... unless he plays a lot and is successful. Let's break it down.

Thanks for wasting my time again buddy.
        He's made up his mind spike, don't confuse him with the facts.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

I think people are forgetting how talented Harvin is.

This guy was a beast when healthy in Minnesota and has the ability to rack up 90 catches and over 1000 yards easily.

Especially with Taylor at QB, Harvin should be able to use his skill set to get open when Taylor is on the move.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

simms body of work last year, looks on par with cassel. so to me, it makes sense that simms is the same but cheaper as cassel. and is a great emergency QB to have.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

If Taylor has a great year and takes the Bills to the playoffs, he's going to demand a huge new contract and that is a fact of life in America, not Montreal.
              Let's see what he does in Week 1 before we worry about Week 2 etc.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

You can't justify keeping Cassel as a backup if you just cut FJ. Cassel should be cut soon, IMO. Roll with Tyrod, EJ and Simmsy

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

So what's your point? We should extend him now just in case he does? I'm thinking the odds of that happening are zero.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                    So what's your point? We should extend him now just in case he does? I'm thinking the odds of that happening are zero.
                    I believe this is called "the Fitzpackage" giving out a contract way too early and only based on a few games that made us feel good.

Comment

• Victor7
                      • Jul 2013

lol at needing to extend Taylor.

The man has not taken a regular season snap for us and someone here already trying to save coin for his extension.

For all we know he could suck in the regular season and be benched by week 4.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                        lol at needing to extend Taylor.

The man has not taken a regular season snap for us and someone here already trying to save coin for his extension.

For all we know he could suck in the regular season and be benched by week 4.
                        Agreed. I want him to start but he just signed a 3 year deal. We have Dareus, Bradham, Gilmore, Glenn and more needing new contracts in the next year.

Internet GM's with 2 % of actual information = awesome ideas
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Harvin is back practicing today and making hard cuts. He's not going anywhere.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

You can't give a guy a lot of guaranteed money and then just cut him before he even plays. Harvin made the final roster for 2015 the moment he signed his deal.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird View Post
                              i wish we could cut some people from this board
                              I have a few names in mind and my finger over the button.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                                • Jul 2005

Harvin will be on the team this year only.

Comment

Working...
                                X