Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Wow. The little pictures are soooooooo cute. Suits you well since you post like a three year old.

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side. Encouraging someone to commit suicide is not something to be proud of.
    I never brought up politics kid. You did.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,725 Times in 7,777 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Of course it's your opinion, but the way you phrase things is extremely off-putting a lot of times, which is why it seems you get the backlash you do when you engage others.

I don't even entirely disagree with you. Like I said in another thread, these preseason games haven't really changed my mind about any of the QBs. All three (sorry Simms) have looked better in the preseason than I thought they would, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I said we probably have three middle-of-the-road QBs at best.

Tyrod is the biggest wildcard of the three, obviously. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks just yet. There are at still tons of variables at play, which I won't get into just now. We'll learn more later.
    Oh, so now I'm supposed to be worried about being "off-putting"?!?!? Seriously????? Do you read a great majority of the posts on this site...yes....the football side???

I rate at least 80% as being "off-putting". It's a waste of time to cite examples, but there are plenty that concern the QB situation that are downright offensive. Are you going to whine about those as well??

I'm not complaining about the "backlash"....Jesus...I enjoy it. The only thing I don't accept is a couple of posters bringing their animosity over from the Politics side, and one encouraging me to commit suicide. Isn't THAT "off-putting" enough for even a little scold from you?

Why don't you simply say that you agree with me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I never brought up politics kid. You did.
    Jesus. You encourage me to commit suicide, and have been particularly argumentative in every single one of our exchanges that have ONLY taken place on the Politics side.

I didn't bring up "politics", rather I brought up where your bring your offensive display of childishness from.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh, so now I'm supposed to be worried about being "off-putting"?!?!? Seriously?????
    Yes, seriously.

Those that want respect, give respect. That goes for anybody.

There is your reality check.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    You've got it all wrong.

People don't like you because you're an *******.
    Coming from you, I take it as compliment. I think your a ****ing ass swipe too.

I don't care if "people" don't like me. I'm not as shallow as you. It's funny that one of the most aggressively insulting posters whining about me.

I suspect that not many posters like you either.

Wow.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus. You encourage me to commit suicide, and have been particularly argumentative in every single one of our exchanges that have ONLY taken place on the Politics side.

I didn't bring up "politics", rather I brought up where your bring your offensive display of childishness from.
    it's a joke. I am not the only one to do that here when naysayers start creating the sky is falling threads.
    So get a grip of yourself and stop being so sensitive like the liberal pansy that you are. "oooh justa is not PC"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, seriously.

I have shown nothing but "respect" on this thread. I'm that have been attacked. I don't whine about being attacked, but, suggested suicide I believe crosses the lone. I guess that being encouraged to commit suicide is a respectful act to you?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    it's a joke. I am not the only one to do that here when naysayers start creating the sky is falling threads.
    So get a grip of yourself and stop being so sensitive like the liberal pansy that you are. "oooh justa is not PC"
    From my experience with you, I don't believe you.

Suicide is a serious subject. Insult me another way. You have shown to be the pansy one....your panties get in a tight wad every time I kick your ass.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

From my experience with you, I don't believe you.

Suicide is a serious subject. Insult me another way. You have shown to be the pansy one....your panties get in a tight wad every time I kick your ass.
    I have shown nothing but "respect" on this thread. I'm that have been attacked. I don't whine about being attacked, but, suggested suicide I believe crosses the lone. I guess that being encouraged to commit suicide is a respectful act to you?

So sensitive. Relax
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-01-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, seriously.

Oh, I forgot. I don't think one thing I said is "off-putting". Why is it?? Opinions on the Bills QB's has been bantered around here all summer. I haven't said one thing that has not been said, in much starker and aggressive way, in many, many posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They're still a .500 football team.

If Tyrod surprises in games that count maybe they can steal a couple more victories.

If he plays like Terrelle Pryor, they could lose a couple more games.

Realistically, they'll be between 7-9 and 9-7 which will net them approximately the 18th pick in the draft.

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh, I forgot. I don't think one thing I said is "off-putting". Why is it?? Opinions on the Bills QB's has been bantered around here all summer. I haven't said one thing that has not been said, in much starker and aggressive way, in many, many posts.
    Alright, whatever.

I'm just trying to give you some insight on why you are attacked sometimes...you seem smart enough to know already.

Dweebs abound in comment sections of just about anywhere you go on the Internet. Of course, most everyone with experience would agree with that statement, and then never consider that it's possible that THEY are the ones that are the dweebs. Like I say, if you say something like "most people are stupid," most people would agree...you should see the irony of that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the playoff hunt for us is going to come down to the first two games. If we can beat the Colts and Patriots at home I can see us winning 10 or 11 games maybe even the division. These two games at the front of our schedule and at home is a huge opportunity that must be taken advantage of both for our record and the mentality of the team. The first couple weeks are prime to beat good late season teams. Both the Pats and Colts are not talking about playoffs they are talking about peaking at the end of the season to win the SB. There are things in place that give us the ability to get these wins that have been mentioned in this thread despite the QBs. I also think the QB position is a lot better this year than it was last year...maybe it's mediocre and at best average but we have mediocre and average depth as well and that is a huge difference. If we can get middle of the pack production from the QB position that's a serious competitive upgrade.

15. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-01-2015),notacon (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Alright, whatever.

I'm just trying to give you some insight on why you are attacked sometimes...you seem smart enough to know already.

Dweebs abound in comment sections of just about anywhere you go on the Internet. Of course, most everyone with experience would agree with that statement, and then never consider that it's possible that THEY are the ones that are the dweebs. Like I say, if you say something like "most people are stupid," most people would agree...you should see the irony of that.
    The reason why I'm "attacked" is usually from people that don't have a reasonable rebuttal and they just like being argumentative. We all do this from time to time. If you go back and read my first post, there is nothing disrespectful or insulting, or even very surprising or earth shattering. And it was not in any way unusually aggressive or harsh wording either. Maybe some people don't like the word "sucks" to describe our QB's, but, who in their right mind would say that that is not true?

I did not say they will always suck, or there was no chance to prove otherwise.

The attack birds will always be there no matter what. That is the nature of a bulletin board where every one's identity is secret. Does not bother me in the least, and I think every poster here comes to expect the spirited back and forth of an active and passionate fan base.

If one tries to single me out unjustly, I'm going to defend myself. If one attacks me over what I write on the Politics side, they should have the balls to come over there and do it, and have the good sense to leave those battles over there.

Gooby and I have very strong disagreements at the Politics side, but here, we carry on a much different conversation. That's the way it should be.

Now, if someone wants to refute the substance of my post...have at it. If you really think that we have better than average or even average NFL QB's, then they can make that argument.

I haven't seen any reasonable argument refuting the substance of what I wrote in the first post. The "Don't get to excited" is just an expression....not an order...not a dictate....not anything else but a saying.

It's pretty lame that I have to explain this stuff because most of the posters here are smart enough to realize it. Some just like to be argumentative no matter what is written.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    They're still a .500 football team.

If Tyrod surprises in games that count maybe they can steal a couple more victories.

If he plays like Terrelle Pryor, they could lose a couple more games.

Realistically, they'll be between 7-9 and 9-7 which will net them approximately the 18th pick in the draft.
    I do think they will rise to above .500 mainly because Rex is at the helm. He knows how to get the most out of inexperienced QB's, and already has a very good defense to work with. Right now I'm expecting at least 10 solid wins. Maybe more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I think the playoff hunt for us is going to come down to the first two games. If we can beat the Colts and Patriots at home I can see us winning 10 or 11 games maybe even the division. These two games at the front of our schedule and at home is a huge opportunity that must be taken advantage of both for our record and the mentality of the team. The first couple weeks are prime to beat good late season teams. Both the Pats and Colts are not talking about playoffs they are talking about peaking at the end of the season to win the SB. There are things in place that give us the ability to get these wins that have been mentioned in this thread despite the QBs. I also think the QB position is a lot better this year than it was last year...maybe it's mediocre and at best average but we have mediocre and average depth as well and that is a huge difference. If we can get middle of the pack production from the QB position that's a serious competitive upgrade.
    Quite right.

Which puts even more pressure on a very inexperienced QB. These are two very difficult games and if they find some way to win them both, there is a very strong possibility they can go 7-0 before the bye.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Week 3 is as vital as the first two weeks being it's another conference opponent or even more importantly a division opponent. As let's not forget last year we beat Green Bay (who was one bobbled onside kick from making the Super Bowl) yet didn't make the playoffs thanks to losses to the Chiefs and/or Raiders or for argument sake Miami.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 09-01-2015 at 04:16 PM.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quite right.

Which puts even more pressure on a very inexperienced QB. These are two very difficult games and if they find some way to win them both, there is a very strong possibility they can go 7-0 before the bye.
    Dafark? Have you gone mad? The schedule before the bye, aside from the Titans and the Jagoffs, are about as tough as a start gets.

Who are you? What have you done with nottie?!!
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

21. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I do think they will rise to above .500 mainly because Rex is at the helm. He knows how to get the most out of inexperienced QB's, and already has a very good defense to work with. Right now I'm expecting at least 10 solid wins. Maybe more.
    I don't think Rex is as good of a coach as you give him credit for. Remember he took a Jet team that was on the cusp of a Superbowl and turned them into a joke. He's a player coach who guys love to play for so seeing he's new here it should work out well for a few years before it wears off.

That being said this team has a defense that can carry it for a few weeks on the year, they just need the offense to be able to put up 20 points on occasion. Can the offense do that with regularity? After what I've seen out of Tyrod, I'm not completely confident in that. No TD passes, atrocious red zone offense again, but I'm sure Carpenter will get a lot of work as Taylor looked to be able to move the ball between the 20s quite effectively through dink and dunk or scrambling.

The main problem is does Taylor turn into Terrelle Pryor when teams actually start gameplanning against him and not just giving vanilla looks with half hearted effort? That's a question that won't be answered til week 1. While yes, I like QBs who can run as well as pass, Tyrod so far, college as well, has looked like an option QB who would rather run than throw the ball. You need to be able to throw the ball a little in this league to achieve success.

23. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-02-2015),YardRat (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Dafark? Have you gone mad? The schedule before the bye, aside from the Titans and the Jagoffs, are about as tough as a start gets.

Who are you? What have you done with nottie?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I don't think Rex is as good of a coach as you give him credit for. Remember he took a Jet team that was on the cusp of a Superbowl and turned them into a joke. He's a player coach who guys love to play for so seeing he's new here it should work out well for a few years before it wears off.

That being said this team has a defense that can carry it for a few weeks on the year, they just need the offense to be able to put up 20 points on occasion. Can the offense do that with regularity? After what I've seen out of Tyrod, I'm not completely confident in that. No TD passes, atrocious red zone offense again, but I'm sure Carpenter will get a lot of work as Taylor looked to be able to move the ball between the 20s quite effectively through dink and dunk or scrambling.

The main problem is does Taylor turn into Terrelle Pryor when teams actually start gameplanning against him and not just giving vanilla looks with half hearted effort? That's a question that won't be answered til week 1. While yes, I like QBs who can run as well as pass, Tyrod so far, college as well, has looked like an option QB who would rather run than throw the ball. You need to be able to throw the ball a little in this league to achieve success.
    First I get vilified for being to much a "realist" and now I'm getting called out on being a little too optimistic and...dare I say....excited.