Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    These are two very difficult games and if they find some way to win them both, there is a very strong possibility they can go 7-0 before the bye.
    7-0? Bipolar?

2. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I think the playoff hunt for us is going to come down to the first two games. If we can beat the Colts and Patriots at home I can see us winning 10 or 11 games maybe even the division. These two games at the front of our schedule and at home is a huge opportunity that must be taken advantage of both for our record and the mentality of the team. The first couple weeks are prime to beat good late season teams. Both the Pats and Colts are not talking about playoffs they are talking about peaking at the end of the season to win the SB. There are things in place that give us the ability to get these wins that have been mentioned in this thread despite the QBs. I also think the QB position is a lot better this year than it was last year...maybe it's mediocre and at best average but we have mediocre and average depth as well and that is a huge difference. If we can get middle of the pack production from the QB position that's a serious competitive upgrade.
    And McCoy might not play in the first game!

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well that's just effing great. smdh
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,479 Times in 7,095 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck
    First I get vilified for being to much a "realist" and now I'm getting called out on being a little too optimistic and...dare I say....excited.

There is an excellent chance they could go 7-0 before the bye. Not THAT would be something to get EXCITED about!!!
    OK "Mr. Realist" . 7-0 huh? wanna bet?

6. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,714 Times in 7,770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    OK "Mr. Realist" . 7-0 huh? wanna bet?
    Not a chance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Paint me happy that Matt Cassel did not get the starting nod. He's so similar to Orton and would lead the Bills to nowheresville. Boring football, dink and dunk, 5 yard passes on third and 10, punt after punt and FG's being seen as a moral victory is the surest way to continue being a laughingstock of the NFL and continue the 15 year curse.

EJ Manuel is still a puzzle. Strong arm and physical attributes abound, but, until these past few meaningless exhibition games he seemed scared ****less out there...afraid to make a mistake which made him mistake prone. A lot of the blame goes on the Marrone crowd that was the gang who could not hit the side of a barn. I really think Marrone was the worst coach the Bills have ever seen, and we've had our share of ****ty coaches.

Tyron seems exciting....but...during meaningless exhibition games with vanilla defenses and no game plans against him, it's going to be a whole different ball game once the season starts. A sixth round draft pick means he would have to be that one in a thousand exception in performing better than every scout and GM in the NFL missed.

Not likely.

The amount of QB busts drafted in the first round is enough to make your head spin. The number of middling starters coming from after the third round is almost nonexistent. There's a reason for that. Oh...BTW...Cassel was drafted in the 7th round.

The Bills are STILL in the same position with QB's that everyone in the league knows is true...we suck at QB.

Yes, I have the usual Bills fan early season optimism (what else do we have?) and sincerely hope that Tyrod has some hidden gift that will manifest itself in a magical run toward the playoffs.

But, the realism side of me knows that, until shown otherwise, the Bills QB's suck and the team will probably struggle to challenge for a playoff spot.
    Always root for failure.
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not a chance.
    This team is more likely to go 0-7 than 7-0.

Don't worry, neither will happen.

10. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,479 Times in 7,095 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not a chance.
    Not feeling so realistic all of a sudden? Thought so!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PromoTheRobot View Post
    Always root for failure.
    Why do some people have to misrepresent the motivation of others when their cozy little world is upset by an opinion they don't like?

Jesus.

Refute what I write, if you can. Demonstrate how Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor are superior QB's in this league and will ensure that the Buffalo Bills will have above average or even average performance from that position. But, no, that would be too much work. You'd have to lay your opinion (and that's ALL it would be, just like my pops is an opinion) on the line.

Instead, you question the loyalty and motivation of a person that has been a Bills fan for probably twice as long as you have been alive.

To put a fine point on it...you are full of ****. Smelly, absurd, disgusting ****.

There is not one iota of "rooting for failure" in anything I wrote. You can take your absurd, lazy premise and shove it where the sun don't shine.

13. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Not feeling so realistic all of a sudden? Thought so!!!
    Not really. My original post still stands as the "realistic" take. 100%, I think what I wrote was 100% accurate. And as I said..."the realism side of me knows that, until shown otherwise, the Bills QB's suck and the team will probably struggle to challenge for a playoff spot."

Now, the second observation...(and here is the full context, which is critical for the premise...instead of your cherry picking)...This was in response to Gooby's post...

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Fair enough. Even with 8 wins, better coaching and talent can get a couple more wins and possibly playoffs.
    Not that is something I can agree with!!

I've already said (I believe in another thread) that for the first time in a long time, I have trust in the head coach. I think that Rex brings at least 3 wins to the table just because of superior coaching. I'm also very confident (and, yes, EXCITED) that HE is the guy to bring along with Tyrod and EJ and have them playing at least average NFL QB'ing.

Those two things means the playoffs THIS year. With a tough churl and Brady with a chip on his shoulder, it's going to be very, very tough. If the Bills start the year out strong, there is no telling how many wins they will get.

There is an excellent chance they could go 7-0 before the bye. Not THAT would be something to get EXCITED about!!!
    Yeah....that's the "until shown otherwise" part.

Of course, despite the dishonest sniping of Promo, I remain, as always, a loyal and long time suffering Bills fan...optimistic to a fault, and always rooting for my Bills to cross the promised land and a Super Bowl win.

It's not only logical, but demonstrates an ability to use my intellect to actually foresee differing outcomes based on the unfolding of events and a multitude of contributing factors.

And you want to criticize me for a ray of optimism??? Really????

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah....that's the "until shown otherwise" part.
    That's the OP playbook. Takes no courage, none, to say "I'm assuming nothing changes because it usually doesn't". Weak.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Silly post.
    So how else am I supposed to interpret the following sentence from your OP:

A sixth round draft pick means he would have to be that one in a thousand exception in performing better than every scout and GM in the NFL missed.
    Maybe if you could use the English language next time, would be a big help.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well....maybe you could not "find a fan that said he sucked" because he hardly played in any regular season games.

And, "sucked" is an expression. To me it means 'below the average performance level of NFL starting QB's.

In todays NFL it is very, very, very difficult to win when your QB's are performing well below the average NFL starting QB as Orton did last year.

Until proven otherwise, all three of the Bills QB's are 'well below the average performance level of starting NFL QB's.'

I will be using the Total QBR because its the most accurate and realistic rating of QB performance.

- - - Updated - - -

+1
    To the idiots pimping the QBR. ROFLMAO. You appear to be ridiculously stupid: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...best-qbr-ever/

Can we rename him to nottoosmart? It's more fitting.
    Last edited by swiper; 11-19-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod stays healthy, the bills make the playoffs and he will go to the pro bowl!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The 3&outs concern me that Tyrod's stats don't tell the full picture. I would love for these last 6 games that he develop some consistency. But he is showing the most promise since pre concussed trent

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He has to become consistent. He's not been that.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    To the idiots pimping the QBR. ROFLMAO. You appear to be ridiculously stupid: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...best-qbr-ever/

I can't stand the QBR system. People just blindly believe it's the greatest metric for measuring quarterbacks because ESPN says so. Maybe if they actually released the formula they use, we could understand it more. Passer rating is still much better, in my opinion.

All formulas are going to be flawed, but at least with the Passer Rating you can explain exactly where the numbers come from and use that only as part of your logic when evaluating a QB. There are a few outliers with the QBR that make absolutely no sense and of course, since we don't know the formula, we just have to accept them as the exceptions.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post

There is no statistic that accurately measures a QB's performance. The game is too complex for that. The best way to evaluate a QB is to watch him in games & practices, & re-evaluate by watching films. Since none of us fans can do this (mainly because we don't get to see them practice every day like the coaches) I find it laughable when fans question the coaches decision on who starts. We saw this when the few EJ fans who were left wanted him to reclaim the starting job when Tyrod got hurt because they didn't realize the coaches had seen enough of him in practice & films to know better.

The best long range QB stat is the W-L record. Now in any given year a team can be bad enough to lose even with a franchise QB, but in general a franchise QB elevates a team, and a bad QB can ruin any chance of winning a team has. Just look at how bad the Cowboys are without Romo because the other guys don't belong on the field. A good example from Bills history is Flutie/Johnson. When Flutie was in, the team won. When Johnson was in, they didn't. Just look at each QB's W-L record while playing with the same exact players. At one point RJ's QB rating stats exceeded Jim Kelly's. When that happened I realized how useless QB rating stats are.

23. Post thanked by:

Night Train (11-20-2015)