• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Originally posted by ct bills fan View Post
    Yeah 6th rounders never amount to anything - Oh...wait Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round, Romo was a FA, as was Warner. He had better than 6th rd talent, but, (a) his agent screwed up his pre-draft workout and (b) teams were a bit torn on whether or not to make him a WR (like Ronald Curry).
    See my post above. Bringing up Brady....the once in a couple of generations anomaly, means nothing.

Please....the numbers point to Tyrod being a nothing.

I'm going, against all hope, that Tyrod is one out of a couple of hundred that break the mold.

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      Oh please. This whole board is simply an "infusion of your (and my) opinion". This is my opinion. Dispute it if you want.

If anyone has been paying attention these last 15 years, my opinion is pretty grounded in realism. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than deeply disappointed. It's called "keeping your emotions in check".
      lol. All Bills fans have plenty of experience with disappointment. Do you think we really need your help? BTW you sound like OP. "Things have sucked, there's no evidence yet that anything's any different, so things still suck, trust me, I'm always right". Sounds like an awesome fan experience, where do I sign up?

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        The title of this thread, which you created, disputes this statement that you just made. You're literally telling people to dull their excitement because, as a self proclaimed realist, you know that our QB situation is worse than most people are making it out to be.

Ridiculous.
        Oh Jesus. It's a title of a thread. Are you seriously getting your little nose all out of joint of something as silly as the degree of excitement???

You have to get a life, man. Really.

Comment

• bdutton
          • Jul 2013

*cite*

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Just because I regularly beat your asses into the ground on the Politics section of this site does not give you license to go whining like little babies all aver the place.

What happens on Politics section, stays on Politics section.

In any event, egging someone on to commit suicide is pretty perverse and revolting, huh? All because you don't have the intelligence to keep up with me when it comes to politics.

How sad for you.
            Noty - A Legend in his own mind
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              Fair enough. Even with 8 wins, better coaching and talent can get a couple more wins and possibly playoffs.
              Not that is something I can agree with!!

I've already said (I believe in another thread) that for the first time in a long time, I have trust in the head coach. I think that Rex brings at least 3 wins to the table just because of superior coaching. I'm also very confident (and, yes, EXCITED) that HE is the guy to bring along with Tyrod and EJ and have them playing at least average NFL QB'ing.

Those two things means the playoffs THIS year. With a tough churl and Brady with a chip on his shoulder, it's going to be very, very tough. If the Bills start the year out strong, there is no telling how many wins they will get.

There is an excellent chance they could go 7-0 before the bye. Not THAT would be something to get EXCITED about!!!

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Terrible logic. If you don't count the Pats game as a win, you cannot count it as a loss either. The Bills were 8-7 then, which is above 0.500.
                Now you are nitpicking on fake wins and losses????

Jesus.

If it makes you feel better to count that ridiculous game as win last year...go ahead. God knows we don't want you to feel depressed.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                  lol. All Bills fans have plenty of experience with disappointment. Do you think we really need your help? BTW you sound like OP. "Things have sucked, there's no evidence yet that anything's any different, so things still suck, trust me, I'm always right". Sounds like an awesome fan experience, where do I sign up?
                  After reading this site, and the Range for years....seems like typical Bills fans have never learned their lessons and constantly repeat history.

The level of "excitement" when Trent took over was palpable....and complete unfounded. Fitz was a bandaid and there were more than a few posters calling 'Super Bowl'. When Orton took over you'd think that we actually had star QB behind center.

I think the better statement is "All Bills fans have plenty of experience with unreasonable, uncontrollable and unfounded expectations that is usually been let down"

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    Noty - A Legend in his own mind
                    Wow. The little pictures are soooooooo cute. Suits you well since you post like a three year old.

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side. Encouraging someone to commit suicide is not something to be proud of.

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

I think the point is, if I may, it's all well and good to get excited about another season. Lord knows it's been a while since we've had a decent coach and there's every reason to expect that the defense will be elite again this year despite any "fool's gold".

But the quarterback situation is likely not substantially changed and the path to hell is littered with guys who have never started before that have great preseasons.

We've seen it before. Trent was the game manager with "pocket presence". Fitz was the gunslinger who would finally take the chances downfield that Trent wouldn't. EJ was the first #1 pick QB since Kelly that lit up the combines. Orton was the experienced starter that could make the clutch throws that EJ could not.

Hopeful yes, but realistic.

End the thread. Go Bills.
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Now you are nitpicking on fake wins and losses????

Jesus.

If it makes you feel better to count that ridiculous game as win last year...go ahead. God knows we don't want you to feel depressed.
                        Oh for christ's sake, YOU were the one nitpicking. I didn't bring up wins/losses until you cried about counting the Patriots game as a W.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Oh Jesus. It's a title of a thread. Are you seriously getting your little nose all out of joint of something as silly as the degree of excitement???

You have to get a life, man. Really.
                          Just pointing out how you contradict yourself. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side.
                            I feel like you're the only one bringing up the politics forum. Yet you keep crying that others can't keep the two forums separate.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

After reading this site, and the Range for years....seems like typical Bills fans have never learned their lessons and constantly repeat history.

The level of "excitement" when Trent took over was palpable....and complete unfounded. Fitz was a bandaid and there were more than a few posters calling 'Super Bowl'. When Orton took over you'd think that we actually had star QB behind center.

I think the better statement is "All Bills fans have plenty of experience with unreasonable, uncontrollable and unfounded expectations that is usually been let down"
                              Some do, some don't. Personally I don't think being overly optimistic is such a bad thing. Hope is always more enjoyable than "realism", even false hope. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone and I mean anyone making wild predictions for this year or calling Tierod some kind of savior. So tell me again, what's the point of this thread?

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

I feel like you're the only one bringing up the politics forum. Yet you keep crying that others can't keep the two forums separate.
                                Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact.

You seem particularly argumentative about just about everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X