• Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
    Hopeful yes, but realistic.

End the thread. Go Bills.
    Excellent! I for one feel much better now, thanks!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact.

You seem particularly argumentative about just about everything.
      I take my allowable amounts of excitement very seriously. Now you know that.

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact. .
        You've got it all wrong.

People don't like you because you're an *******.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Jesus. This is no "trick". That's why it's called "reality check".

Of course it's an opinion. You are staying an opinion. We are ALL stating opinions. Why can't people just accept that it's my opinion and you state yours.

My opinion is that a sixth round pick who has hardly played a down in the regular season and has a style of play that is very, very difficult to succeed int he NFL today. Too much speed on the defense. Smart defensive coaches on the other side.

My opinion is slo that I support Rex's decision especially considering the alternative of Cassel. EJ is not in the equation right now, but I think even he would be better than Cassel.

I do not do this for the "I told you so" moment. Maybe you do....I don't know. Why can't we just enjoy the give and take and the opinion making that makes the weeks before the season so magical.
          Of course it's your opinion, but the way you phrase things is extremely off-putting a lot of times, which is why it seems you get the backlash you do when you engage others.

I don't even entirely disagree with you. Like I said in another thread, these preseason games haven't really changed my mind about any of the QBs. All three (sorry Simms) have looked better in the preseason than I thought they would, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I said we probably have three middle-of-the-road QBs at best.

Tyrod is the biggest wildcard of the three, obviously. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks just yet. There are at still tons of variables at play, which I won't get into just now. We'll learn more later.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
            Some do, some don't. Personally I don't think being overly optimistic is such a bad thing. Hope is always more enjoyable than "realism", even false hope. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone and I mean anyone making wild predictions for this year or calling Tierod some kind of savior. So tell me again, what's the point of this thread?
            The point of the thread is that unbridled optimism about our QB's is unwarranted considering the reality of the situation.

When I see the majority of thread subjects that populate this board, this one is not out of line. Hope is great but it does not win any games. I want to win. The only way to do that as fans is to keep the pressure up. Everyone knows that someone in the Bills front office reads these boards. It should be said that we Bills fans are not satisfied with 15 years of losing football.

It's called keeping the pressure on. If the FO thinks the fans will not revolt they make their decisions because of it. I'm pretty convinced that part of the decision about forgoing Cassel was based on the reaction from Bills fans.

I am NOT satisfied....and will NOT be satisfied until the Bills win a Super Bowl or at least show GREAT progress toward that goal. Playing not to lose is NOT progressing toward that goal.

THAT is what this thread is about.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Wow. The little pictures are soooooooo cute. Suits you well since you post like a three year old.

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side. Encouraging someone to commit suicide is not something to be proud of.
              I never brought up politics kid. You did.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                Of course it's your opinion, but the way you phrase things is extremely off-putting a lot of times, which is why it seems you get the backlash you do when you engage others.

I don't even entirely disagree with you. Like I said in another thread, these preseason games haven't really changed my mind about any of the QBs. All three (sorry Simms) have looked better in the preseason than I thought they would, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I said we probably have three middle-of-the-road QBs at best.

Tyrod is the biggest wildcard of the three, obviously. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks just yet. There are at still tons of variables at play, which I won't get into just now. We'll learn more later.
                Oh, so now I'm supposed to be worried about being "off-putting"?!?!? Seriously????? Do you read a great majority of the posts on this site...yes....the football side???

I rate at least 80% as being "off-putting". It's a waste of time to cite examples, but there are plenty that concern the QB situation that are downright offensive. Are you going to whine about those as well??

I'm not complaining about the "backlash"....Jesus...I enjoy it. The only thing I don't accept is a couple of posters bringing their animosity over from the Politics side, and one encouraging me to commit suicide. Isn't THAT "off-putting" enough for even a little scold from you?

Why don't you simply say that you agree with me.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  I never brought up politics kid. You did.
                  Jesus. You encourage me to commit suicide, and have been particularly argumentative in every single one of our exchanges that have ONLY taken place on the Politics side.

I didn't bring up "politics", rather I brought up where your bring your offensive display of childishness from.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Oh, so now I'm supposed to be worried about being "off-putting"?!?!? Seriously?????
                    Yes, seriously.

Those that want respect, give respect. That goes for anybody.

There is your reality check.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      You've got it all wrong.

People don't like you because you're an *******.
                      Coming from you, I take it as compliment. I think your a ****ing ass swipe too.

I don't care if "people" don't like me. I'm not as shallow as you. It's funny that one of the most aggressively insulting posters whining about me.

I suspect that not many posters like you either.

Wow.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Jesus. You encourage me to commit suicide, and have been particularly argumentative in every single one of our exchanges that have ONLY taken place on the Politics side.

I didn't bring up "politics", rather I brought up where your bring your offensive display of childishness from.
                        it's a joke. I am not the only one to do that here when naysayers start creating the sky is falling threads.
                        So get a grip of yourself and stop being so sensitive like the liberal pansy that you are. "oooh justa is not PC"
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Yes, seriously.

I have shown nothing but "respect" on this thread. I'm that have been attacked. I don't whine about being attacked, but, suggested suicide I believe crosses the lone. I guess that being encouraged to commit suicide is a respectful act to you?

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            it's a joke. I am not the only one to do that here when naysayers start creating the sky is falling threads.
                            So get a grip of yourself and stop being so sensitive like the liberal pansy that you are. "oooh justa is not PC"
                            From my experience with you, I don't believe you.

Suicide is a serious subject. Insult me another way. You have shown to be the pansy one....your panties get in a tight wad every time I kick your ass.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

From my experience with you, I don't believe you.

Suicide is a serious subject. Insult me another way. You have shown to be the pansy one....your panties get in a tight wad every time I kick your ass.
                              I have shown nothing but "respect" on this thread. I'm that have been attacked. I don't whine about being attacked, but, suggested suicide I believe crosses the lone. I guess that being encouraged to commit suicide is a respectful act to you?

So sensitive. Relax
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-01-2015, 02:35 PM.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

Yes, seriously.

Oh, I forgot. I don't think one thing I said is "off-putting". Why is it?? Opinions on the Bills QB's has been bantered around here all summer. I haven't said one thing that has not been said, in much starker and aggressive way, in many, many posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X