Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Thanks
    Thanked 11,637 Times in 7,706 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Quote Originally Posted by ct bills fan View Post
    Yeah 6th rounders never amount to anything - Oh...wait Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round, Romo was a FA, as was Warner. He had better than 6th rd talent, but, (a) his agent screwed up his pre-draft workout and (b) teams were a bit torn on whether or not to make him a WR (like Ronald Curry).
    See my post above. Bringing up Brady....the once in a couple of generations anomaly, means nothing.

Please....the numbers point to Tyrod being a nothing.

I'm going, against all hope, that Tyrod is one out of a couple of hundred that break the mold.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,900 Times in 3,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Oh please. This whole board is simply an "infusion of your (and my) opinion". This is my opinion. Dispute it if you want.

If anyone has been paying attention these last 15 years, my opinion is pretty grounded in realism. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than deeply disappointed. It's called "keeping your emotions in check".
    lol. All Bills fans have plenty of experience with disappointment. Do you think we really need your help? BTW you sound like OP. "Things have sucked, there's no evidence yet that anything's any different, so things still suck, trust me, I'm always right". Sounds like an awesome fan experience, where do I sign up?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    The title of this thread, which you created, disputes this statement that you just made. You're literally telling people to dull their excitement because, as a self proclaimed realist, you know that our QB situation is worse than most people are making it out to be.

Ridiculous.
    Oh Jesus. It's a title of a thread. Are you seriously getting your little nose all out of joint of something as silly as the degree of excitement???

You have to get a life, man. Really.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

*cite*

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just because I regularly beat your asses into the ground on the Politics section of this site does not give you license to go whining like little babies all aver the place.

What happens on Politics section, stays on Politics section.

In any event, egging someone on to commit suicide is pretty perverse and revolting, huh? All because you don't have the intelligence to keep up with me when it comes to politics.

How sad for you.
    Noty - A Legend in his own mind

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Fair enough. Even with 8 wins, better coaching and talent can get a couple more wins and possibly playoffs.
    Not that is something I can agree with!!

I've already said (I believe in another thread) that for the first time in a long time, I have trust in the head coach. I think that Rex brings at least 3 wins to the table just because of superior coaching. I'm also very confident (and, yes, EXCITED) that HE is the guy to bring along with Tyrod and EJ and have them playing at least average NFL QB'ing.

Those two things means the playoffs THIS year. With a tough churl and Brady with a chip on his shoulder, it's going to be very, very tough. If the Bills start the year out strong, there is no telling how many wins they will get.

There is an excellent chance they could go 7-0 before the bye. Not THAT would be something to get EXCITED about!!!

7. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Terrible logic. If you don't count the Pats game as a win, you cannot count it as a loss either. The Bills were 8-7 then, which is above 0.500.
    Now you are nitpicking on fake wins and losses????

Jesus.

If it makes you feel better to count that ridiculous game as win last year...go ahead. God knows we don't want you to feel depressed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    lol. All Bills fans have plenty of experience with disappointment. Do you think we really need your help? BTW you sound like OP. "Things have sucked, there's no evidence yet that anything's any different, so things still suck, trust me, I'm always right". Sounds like an awesome fan experience, where do I sign up?
    After reading this site, and the Range for years....seems like typical Bills fans have never learned their lessons and constantly repeat history.

The level of "excitement" when Trent took over was palpable....and complete unfounded. Fitz was a bandaid and there were more than a few posters calling 'Super Bowl'. When Orton took over you'd think that we actually had star QB behind center.

I think the better statement is "All Bills fans have plenty of experience with unreasonable, uncontrollable and unfounded expectations that is usually been let down"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Noty - A Legend in his own mind
    Wow. The little pictures are soooooooo cute. Suits you well since you post like a three year old.

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side. Encouraging someone to commit suicide is not something to be proud of.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the point is, if I may, it's all well and good to get excited about another season. Lord knows it's been a while since we've had a decent coach and there's every reason to expect that the defense will be elite again this year despite any "fool's gold".

But the quarterback situation is likely not substantially changed and the path to hell is littered with guys who have never started before that have great preseasons.

We've seen it before. Trent was the game manager with "pocket presence". Fitz was the gunslinger who would finally take the chances downfield that Trent wouldn't. EJ was the first #1 pick QB since Kelly that lit up the combines. Orton was the experienced starter that could make the clutch throws that EJ could not.

Hopeful yes, but realistic.

End the thread. Go Bills.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-01-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Now you are nitpicking on fake wins and losses????

Jesus.

If it makes you feel better to count that ridiculous game as win last year...go ahead. God knows we don't want you to feel depressed.
    Oh for christ's sake, YOU were the one nitpicking. I didn't bring up wins/losses until you cried about counting the Patriots game as a W.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh Jesus. It's a title of a thread. Are you seriously getting your little nose all out of joint of something as silly as the degree of excitement???

You have to get a life, man. Really.
    Just pointing out how you contradict yourself. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side.
    I feel like you're the only one bringing up the politics forum. Yet you keep crying that others can't keep the two forums separate.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

After reading this site, and the Range for years....seems like typical Bills fans have never learned their lessons and constantly repeat history.

The level of "excitement" when Trent took over was palpable....and complete unfounded. Fitz was a bandaid and there were more than a few posters calling 'Super Bowl'. When Orton took over you'd think that we actually had star QB behind center.

I think the better statement is "All Bills fans have plenty of experience with unreasonable, uncontrollable and unfounded expectations that is usually been let down"
    Some do, some don't. Personally I don't think being overly optimistic is such a bad thing. Hope is always more enjoyable than "realism", even false hope. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone and I mean anyone making wild predictions for this year or calling Tierod some kind of savior. So tell me again, what's the point of this thread?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I feel like you're the only one bringing up the politics forum. Yet you keep crying that others can't keep the two forums separate.
    Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact.

You seem particularly argumentative about just about everything.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Hopeful yes, but realistic.

End the thread. Go Bills.
    Excellent! I for one feel much better now, thanks!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact.

You seem particularly argumentative about just about everything.
    I take my allowable amounts of excitement very seriously. Now you know that.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact. .
    You've got it all wrong.

People don't like you because you're an *******.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus. This is no "trick". That's why it's called "reality check".

Of course it's an opinion. You are staying an opinion. We are ALL stating opinions. Why can't people just accept that it's my opinion and you state yours.

My opinion is that a sixth round pick who has hardly played a down in the regular season and has a style of play that is very, very difficult to succeed int he NFL today. Too much speed on the defense. Smart defensive coaches on the other side.

My opinion is slo that I support Rex's decision especially considering the alternative of Cassel. EJ is not in the equation right now, but I think even he would be better than Cassel.

I do not do this for the "I told you so" moment. Maybe you do....I don't know. Why can't we just enjoy the give and take and the opinion making that makes the weeks before the season so magical.
    Of course it's your opinion, but the way you phrase things is extremely off-putting a lot of times, which is why it seems you get the backlash you do when you engage others.

I don't even entirely disagree with you. Like I said in another thread, these preseason games haven't really changed my mind about any of the QBs. All three (sorry Simms) have looked better in the preseason than I thought they would, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I said we probably have three middle-of-the-road QBs at best.

Tyrod is the biggest wildcard of the three, obviously. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks just yet. There are at still tons of variables at play, which I won't get into just now. We'll learn more later.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Some do, some don't. Personally I don't think being overly optimistic is such a bad thing. Hope is always more enjoyable than "realism", even false hope. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone and I mean anyone making wild predictions for this year or calling Tierod some kind of savior. So tell me again, what's the point of this thread?
    The point of the thread is that unbridled optimism about our QB's is unwarranted considering the reality of the situation.

When I see the majority of thread subjects that populate this board, this one is not out of line. Hope is great but it does not win any games. I want to win. The only way to do that as fans is to keep the pressure up. Everyone knows that someone in the Bills front office reads these boards. It should be said that we Bills fans are not satisfied with 15 years of losing football.

It's called keeping the pressure on. If the FO thinks the fans will not revolt they make their decisions because of it. I'm pretty convinced that part of the decision about forgoing Cassel was based on the reaction from Bills fans.

I am NOT satisfied....and will NOT be satisfied until the Bills win a Super Bowl or at least show GREAT progress toward that goal. Playing not to lose is NOT progressing toward that goal.

THAT is what this thread is about.