Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Thanks
    Thanked 11,714 Times in 7,770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Paint me happy that Matt Cassel did not get the starting nod. He's so similar to Orton and would lead the Bills to nowheresville. Boring football, dink and dunk, 5 yard passes on third and 10, punt after punt and FG's being seen as a moral victory is the surest way to continue being a laughingstock of the NFL and continue the 15 year curse.

EJ Manuel is still a puzzle. Strong arm and physical attributes abound, but, until these past few meaningless exhibition games he seemed scared ****less out there...afraid to make a mistake which made him mistake prone. A lot of the blame goes on the Marrone crowd that was the gang who could not hit the side of a barn. I really think Marrone was the worst coach the Bills have ever seen, and we've had our share of ****ty coaches.

Tyron seems exciting....but...during meaningless exhibition games with vanilla defenses and no game plans against him, it's going to be a whole different ball game once the season starts. A sixth round draft pick means he would have to be that one in a thousand exception in performing better than every scout and GM in the NFL missed.

Not likely.

The amount of QB busts drafted in the first round is enough to make your head spin. The number of middling starters coming from after the third round is almost nonexistent. There's a reason for that. Oh...BTW...Cassel was drafted in the 7th round.

The Bills are STILL in the same position with QB's that everyone in the league knows is true...we suck at QB.

Yes, I have the usual Bills fan early season optimism (what else do we have?) and sincerely hope that Tyrod has some hidden gift that will manifest itself in a magical run toward the playoffs.

But, the realism side of me knows that, until shown otherwise, the Bills QB's suck and the team will probably struggle to challenge for a playoff spot.

2. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (09-01-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Alright, I'll stop looking forward to this season. Sorry I was so excited, my bad.

4. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (09-01-2015),MillsapsBillsFan (09-01-2015),Night Train (09-01-2015),ParanoidAndroid (09-01-2015),trapezeus (09-01-2015),ublinkwescore (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i agree with almost of this and will hope for the best

GO BILLS

6. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Alright, I'll stop looking forward to this season. Sorry I was so excited, my bad.
    Well, that's your choice.

I've always been excited for the season...and each and every game. Even during the depths of 1 win seasons.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ok it's true Aaron Rodgers isn't walking through that door. But this strikes me as an odd killjoy troll thread. "Let me inoculate you all against feeling even a hint of optimism because we're all doomed, head to the storm cellar and lock the door". For Bills fans this is the best part of the year. Hope is still alive. And the fact is all have eyeballs and both Tierod and EJ have played well in preseason. So go away with this. Bills are still tied for 1st place.

9. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (09-01-2015),ICRockets (09-01-2015),Joe Fo Sho (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Well, that's your choice.

I've always been excited for the season...and each and every game. Even during the depths of 1 win seasons.
    I've always been excited for the season
    Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck
    So we can be excited, just not too excited? I'm just trying to figure out the allowable level of excitement considering the ability of our quarterbacks.

11. Post thanked by:

Topas (09-01-2015)

SpikedLemonade

Our QB position is the weakest position on our team, but still it is an improvement over last year.

We have also improved our RB, WR and TE positions.

Our coaching has also improved.

I doubt we make the play-offs but it will be very very close.

13. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think we will make the playoffs, but it will be very very close.

15. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are you saying there is a 1/1000 chance that Taylor can outplay a 6th round draft grade even slightly?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Ok it's true Aaron Rodgers isn't walking through that door. But this strikes me as an odd killjoy troll thread. "Let me inoculate you all against feeling even a hint of optimism because we're all doomed, head to the storm cellar and lock the door". For Bills fans this is the best part of the year. Hope is still alive. And the fact is all have eyeballs and both Tierod and EJ have played well in preseason. So go away with this. Bills are still tied for 1st place.
    ""Let me inoculate you all against feeling even a hint of optimism because we're all doomed, head to the storm cellar and lock the door"...uhhhhhh....no.

If you feel that way....that's your business.

This thread is just an infusion of reality. If you can't accept the truth, then just go away, don't read the thread....and happily hum along that "everything is ok".

Don't get all pissed off when the obvious comes to fruition. You've been warned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

To be honest, and based on his teammates as well as the fans in Baltimore, no one is surprised that Taylor is the starter. I couldn't find a fan that said he sucked. The general consesus was he would be a starter but not with the Ravens scheme, and obviously Flacco ahead of him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    So we can be excited, just not too excited? I'm just trying to figure out the allowable level of excitement considering the ability of our quarterbacks.
    Well, actually, you can get as "excited" as you want.

Again, I am not "allowing" anything, nor am I limiting anything....that's all on you.

Maybe I'm just the realist that will save you much emotional draining from being on the roller coaster of unrealistic expectations. Accept or reject...I really don't give a ****.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Our QB position is the weakest position on our team, but still it is an improvement over last year.

We have also improved our RB, WR and TE positions.

Our coaching has also improved.

I doubt we make the play-offs but it will be very very close.
    I'm most excited by the improved coaching. Very realistic to think that this is the most accomplished, quality HC the Bills have ever had. Ralph Wilson (may he rest in peace) never gave his coaches much thought....or money.

I believe that Rex will be worth at least 3 wins....which will probably be THE difference in making the playoffs. His skill will hopefully hide the fact that our QB's suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62 View Post
    Are you saying there is a 1/1000 chance that Taylor can outplay a 6th round draft grade even slightly?
    Silly post.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,196 Times in 5,922 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

7-9... 8-8 with help.

Too many imporvements made in the division. I still have the Pats either winning the division or coming in second. The Bills , Fins, and Jets built defenses to beat NE which means they all will beat each other up. I don't see more than 3 ins in the division.... leaning toward less.

I am glad Cassel isn't starting. We know where journeymen QBs get us like Notacon said. I'd rather go with the unknown and hope for a surprise.

Without a passing threat deeper than 7 yards... we won't be able to run on decent to good defenses.

This is going to be a tough year with many close losses.

It will be yet another year of moral victories and impressive D stats but in the end... no playoff stress to warry about.

UNLESS THERE IS A SURPRISE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    To be honest, and based on his teammates as well as the fans in Baltimore, no one is surprised that Taylor is the starter. I couldn't find a fan that said he sucked. The general consesus was he would be a starter but not with the Ravens scheme, and obviously Flacco ahead of him.
    Well....maybe you could not "find a fan that said he sucked" because he hardly played in any regular season games.

And, "sucked" is an expression. To me it means 'below the average performance level of NFL starting QB's.

In todays NFL it is very, very, very difficult to win when your QB's are performing well below the average NFL starting QB as Orton did last year.

Until proven otherwise, all three of the Bills QB's are 'well below the average performance level of starting NFL QB's.'

I will be using the Total QBR because its the most accurate and realistic rating of QB performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    7-9... 8-8 with help.

Too many imporvements made in the division. I still have the Pats either winning the division or coming in second. The Bills , Fins, and Jets built defenses to beat NE which means they all will beat each other up. I don't see more than 3 ins in the division.... leaning toward less.

I am glad Cassel isn't starting. We know where journeymen QBs get us like Notacon said. I'd rather go with the unknown and hope for a surprise.

Without a passing threat deeper than 7 yards... we won't be able to run on decent to good defenses.

This is going to be a tough year with many close losses.

It will be yet another year of moral victories and impressive D stats but in the end... no playoff stress to warry about.

UNLESS THERE IS A SURPRISE.
    +1

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The sun will NEVER shine.

Just wanted everyone to take my word on it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Reading this thread made me realize I was too excited for this season. I just drove a nail into my left testicle which definitely helped dull my excitement for this season. Thank you for this thread.

25. Post thanked by:

ICRockets (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,097 Times in 3,576 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well....maybe you could not "find a fan that said he sucked" because he hardly played in any regular season games.

And, "sucked" is an expression. To me it means 'below the average performance level of NFL starting QB's.

In todays NFL it is very, very, very difficult to win when your QB's are performing well below the average NFL starting QB as Orton did last year.

Until proven otherwise, all three of the Bills QB's are 'well below the average performance level of starting NFL QB's.'

I will be using the Total QBR because its the most accurate and realistic rating of QB performance.
    I agree Orton was below average, but the team still won 9 games with worse talent and coaching. And while Taylor is largely unproven, his running ability will strain defenses. But he did show some impressive accuracy on his throws.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, actually, you can get as "excited" as you want.
    Thanks! I'll just ignore the thread title then.

Again, I am not "allowing" anything, nor am I limiting anything....that's all on you.
    Phew..that's a relief. I'll set my excitement level back to what it was this morning.

Maybe I'm just the realist that will save you much emotional draining from being on the roller coaster of unrealistic expectations. Accept or reject...I really don't give a ****.
    Actually, you do give a ****. In fact, you give enough of a **** to start an entire thread to let people know that they are going to be let down this year if they are too excited about our QB play.

I mean, I appreciate that you're trying save me 'much emotional draining from being on the roller coaster of unrealistic expectations,' but c'mon...we're all Bills fans. We completely understand what it's like to be let down and are able to cope with it...it's kind of what we do.

28. Post thanked by:

ICRockets (09-01-2015),Pinkerton Security (09-01-2015)

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DONT TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE!!!