• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: BN: Doug Whaley Went Rogue Cutting Fred Jackson

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
    OK, I've given Whaley the benefit of the doubt for the most part and defended most of his moves (up until the drunken spending spree on tinker toys this off season), but if that's the case he is officially dead to me.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      OK, I've given Whaley the benefit of the doubt for the most part and defended most of his moves (up until the drunken spending spree on tinker toys this off season), but if that's the case he is officially dead to me.
      I've been a Whaley guy as well, but I can't support all of this if it's true.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Then Pegula will fire him, since he said in the spring Fred was staying, right ?

i really could care less what Graham has to say.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

I don't feel too bad saying I'm not sold on Whaley, rumors or not. Regardless of whether or not Jackson has any game left, and I think that speaks for itself, they've been in a hurry to get rid of him without finding out. I mean he obviously still has some game, he ran for 41 last round, and caught 66 passes last year whether or not people like it.

Ryan himself said the team is not better for getting rid of him, which is kind of pretty stupid for a coach with a rep for effort players striving to make his team better, to say.

Wouldn't really surprise me if Whaley is madly struggling to impress suits he's not impressing with his dozy mellow.

I also don't see why Ryan wouldn't want a supposed obvious Ryan fierce guy, or why the rumors are slipping out that Jackson just wanted to stay and retire here and they didn't give him a chance.

Unless it all comes down to dozy mellow "it's all good" Whaley.

Just imho, Graham has connections and doesn't say too much stupid stuff when he says anything.

I just don't see Whaley being any kind of genius during his big chance to be competent as a GM.

Always looks like he's trying too hard if always tranquilized to me.
          Last edited by Mace; 09-01-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Then Pegula will fire him, since he said in the spring Fred was staying, right ?

i really could care less what Graham has to say.
            Not just Graham saying it anymore.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

jackson is 34 the organization wanted to go a different route i get it.

this shouldnt be a story fred was solid in an era of bad bills football. and now the organization with a new staff wants to do something else so be it

no story here

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                Stop self projecting.

You blame everyone else for your own faults, BS.

Look in the freaking mirror, loser.
                What the **** are you talking about ricky ******o?

Anybody that isn't ******ed knows I've supported Whaley from the beginning.
                Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-01-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Get over it.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                    What the **** are you talking about ricky ******o?

Anybody that isn't ******ed knows I've supported Whaley from the beginning.
                    You are one of the most negative ****s on this board.

Your time is coming to an end.

Get used to winning, loser.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                      • Jul 2002

Perhaps Rex wasn't exactly in favor of this. He blatantly s lookays "we are not a better team without Fred."

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        You are one of the most negative ****s on this board.

Your time is coming to an end.

Get used to winning, loser.
                        Again, what the **** are you talking about ricky ******o? I'm an homer until the jet crashes in the middle of the season like it has the past 15 years. Try not to be dumb all of your life.

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

We'll never really know. I just wish Fred was still on the team.

Comment

• bleve
                            • Mar 2005

Whaley certainly looked uncomfortable during the announcement. That could be because he's naturally like that, or something else...
                            "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                            ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

i heard the bills chefs daughters baby is an alien planted by whaley who is a shape shifter

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                                • Jun 2015

sI have a theory. And it's nothing more than that; a THEORY. An interesting (and i think sensible) piece of speculation.

What if, this report is true and Whaley went rogue cutting F-Jax?

Now even if Rex wasn't 100% in love with keeping Jackson, you have to figure that he at least understood (better than anyone as the former Jets HC) how bad it would make him look if Fred was cut. That is to say, even if Rex could live with Fred or without Fred on the roster, when he took the job i can't imagine he thought the guy would be gone. And i'm sure he was fine with keeping him.

Whaley controls the 53. Rex controls the players that play.

Isn't it possible that Whaley really did go rogue here and create a PR disaster? A disaster that some have blamed Rex - the most powerful person in the organization right now, job descriptions aside - for making himself?

If Whaley really did do this as a use of his power as GM without the consent of all other parties. Then maybe the Tyrod announcement that same day wasn't a pre-planned piece of damage control. Maybe it was Rex saying to Whaley, "ok you want to make me look bad by cutting this legendary player, i'll trash your dumb first round QB and the QB you traded for by exercising my power (over who plays) and name Tyrod"

It's RAMPANT speculation on my part. But it makes some sense.

There have been a number of dubious leaks in the past associated with this organization. Doug Marone may be a POS, but he could just be a brash ass-hole that didn't like Whaley's decisions either.

It is at least possible.

And again... T-Pegs tried to replace Whaley with Bill Polian not even 6 months ago... It is at least a good possibility that not everyone is in agreement these days. The kumbaya T-Pegs era may have some fissures at the top ranks.

In any event. Assuming Rex and Whaley even have fundamental disagreements at this point, i can't imagine Rex would want to start off his "last chance" by instigating yet another GM/HC power struggle. He had enough of them in NY.
                                Last edited by Jimkelly12203; 09-01-2015, 09:27 PM.
                                All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

Working...
                                X